Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Weasel Fox

Watford (H) pre match

8 hours ago, siraaj_lcfc said:

True, Leicester have put in the second most crosses in the league after the Toffees. But Gray tends to be very selfish and skies half his efforts into the kop

But what’s the point in these crosses? It’s not like we have some one to get a head on it,how many of them crosses did we score from? 

Just now, elvisfmcfly said:

You’re talking nonsense,he explained the exact reasons the Puel dislikers are not happy, and as he’s said it’s mostly nothing to do with league position,which if we were playing good football and showing signs of improvement, consistency over 90 minutes and consecutive matches and creating some decent chances each game ,we would be more than happy with,all this talk of spoilt and we expect top 4 etc is utter drivel.

We have statistically got the second youngest side in the league. It's going to take time. Obviously i'm not completely enthused by the football at the moment, but I can also see the bigger picture and wouldn't mind us attempting to get behind a manager who at least had the balls to come in and try to change our style.

We've seen glimpses of decent stuff this year, but consistency takes time and at least attempting to sign a half proven replacement for Mahrez might have helped the cause.

• Like 4

Watford generally start well and we seem in shock that we're actually on a football pitch for the first thirty minutes. At least Maddision is back and should again start to link up with Chilwell and Gray. And Richardo seems to be a more reliable full back with Albrighton in front of him. Tough match.

On 28/11/2018 at 11:46, weller54 said:

Mystic Meg mode...... 

We start slow. 

We concede the first goal. (Deeney). 

We don't have a shot on target in the first half. 

Second half we're better and grab an equaliser in the 74th minute (Vardy pen). 

FT opens another Puel Out thread. 

It's hard to see it being anything other than something like this. Draw or loss. I've got no confidence at all we'll win.

Prove me wrong Leicester.

• Like 1

Our number of games played is now catching up our points total. We have a hard bunch of games coming up, so 3 points is an absolute must here. If 1 point only out of this and a loss to Claudio next week we could be facing Armageddon on here post Fulham.

On 28/11/2018 at 19:04, themightyfin said:

Sometimes I'm so proud of our fans think winning the league where the ground was rocking like never before , our away fans are generally brilliant especially during  the support in our recent European adventures and of course the recent happenings at the club that brought the fans together like never before. 

But other times when you read comments in threads like this some make you sick to the back teeth. I was brought up in the terraces going back to Milne Hamilton and Pleate days when for the majority of the times we were sh#t when we were bringing in crouds of 7-8,000 in the darkest days. So we had no choice but to sing our hearts out in Pen 3 knowing we were gonna be lucky to even see a goal never mind get some points and the away days were worse!

But I kept going everyweek along with the other 7,000 die hard fans because we loved our club whatever the result. 

Fast forward to now and I honestly think we as fans have been spoilt by our recent success. Fans now expect us to be that team that won the league still and are disappointed if we are a mid table side who get results but slip up as well.

We are a young inexperienced side who this season are going through major transition. But the future looks bright young players will be inconsistent and make mistakes but if we can keep this side together and add one or 2 along the way I have no doubt we will be winning more than we loose in the next 2-3 years. If you have offered me mid table this season I would have took it this side will only get better. Just wish some of our  fans would stop being such a bunch of spoilt babies and support them through and through. 

Great post! I too have witnessed those dark days and never thought we would see the unprecedented success we achieved. I can remember oxford United away on a rainy Tuesday night and trips away to the likes of Cambridge Tranmere, Barnsley many times, shrewsbury et al often getting beat. The away end Joy when we beat Notts County in the pouring rain was one of the highs like we had won the league.

A lot of our younger fans need to get their heads stuck into fossils and foxes to see the stats, crowds etc to get perspective and realize how dark some parts of the past have  been, then they might see that a drab 0-0 followed by a penalties victory and q final isn’t so bad after all. Chin up young fellas ?

23 minutes ago, Babylon said:

The point I'm trying to make is that if you expect it consistently then you literally might as well go and support Barca and Man City, because you're just going to be miserable half the time. Football just doesn't work like that for 98% of clubs out there, sometimes it's entertaining, sometimes it's not, sometimes you're good, sometimes you're not. People throwing their dummy out at Puel after he's been here for one year, for me is just silly. If they can't hack a year of average stuff, did these people even bother when we were championship dross? Or were they one of the 10,000 who only show up when it's premier league football, or the extra 5000 you get when you're winning all the time.

I'm not saying you don't hope, aim or want better. But people putting it all at Puels door, when it's been shit for some time before he turned up and the last two were sacked for basically looking like we'd get relegated. I think it just suits their agenda to pin everything on him, when they probably have just been bored for 18 months before he even turned up as well and are just finding mid table nothingness a bit drab.

I'm not thrilled with things, but I'll sit through it like I always have as around the corner there is always something brilliant waiting to happen. We had the exact same discussions the first year Pearson returned, we looked crap, it was boring and the same people were going over the top in their critisism, saying they'll never go again with him in charge... then we blitz the league.

Things can change quickly in football, sometimes it takes a while to change. Perhaps I'm just a bit more patient and accept that these things go in circles.

I get irked when people claim Puel is a defensive manager, he's anything but that. It's just our team is still not anywhere near suitable for the style of play he prefers. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I get irked when people claim Puel is a defensive manager, he's anything but that. It's just our team is still not anywhere near suitable for the style of play he prefers. 

He looks as fed up as the rest of us are sometimes, you can tell from his comments it's not what he wants. I'm sure he'd absolutely love three more of his own players to add to this squad. Someone in CM who can defend and create and doesn't misplace easy passes far too often. A top quality player who can play in the Gray / Albrighton positions and a striker who he thinks fits his style, rather than relying on Okazaki and Nacho as another option up top.

3 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Easy win.  5-0.  X

I’d be surprised if we scored 5 between now and the end of the season. 

2 penalties, a free kick, and a couple of own goals, maybe :P

Edited by Milo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

He looks as fed up as the rest of us are sometimes, you can tell from his comments it's not what he wants. I'm sure he'd absolutely love three more of his own players to add to this squad. Someone in CM who can defend and create and doesn't misplace easy passes far too often. A top quality player who can play in the Gray / Albrighton positions and a striker who he thinks fits his style, rather than relying on Okazaki and Nacho as another option up top.

Would be a massive sign of intention from the club if he got all 3 in January, very difficult to envisage but we cant simply hide behind the mantra that we're still a young squad who are a work in progress. Back the man and lete see what happens.

• Like 1