Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Weasel Fox

Watford (H) pre match

1 minute ago, mad biker said:

This idea really has legs Simoken, it would be very feasible and would make FT a far better place to be, we simply have an A and B to threads, "A" is for reasonable, optimistic fans who get 100% behind the team (whoever is playing) and SUPPORT LCFC  and "B" for the miserable meely mouthed moaning twats who are only happy when things are going badly !!   it would be brilliant  :-)

What about those who moan and have positive things to say in equal measure? Post two halves of a piece in the respectful threads with a link to the other? 

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Sometimes I'm so proud of our fans think winning the league where the ground was rocking like never before , our away fans are generally brilliant especially during  the support in our recent European adventures and of course the recent happenings at the club that brought the fans together like never before. 

But other times when you read comments in threads like this some make you sick to the back teeth. I was brought up in the terraces going back to Milne Hamilton and Pleate days when for the majority of the times we were sh#t when we were bringing in crouds of 7-8,000 in the darkest days. So we had no choice but to sing our hearts out in Pen 3 knowing we were gonna be lucky to even see a goal never mind get some points and the away days were worse!

But I kept going everyweek along with the other 7,000 die hard fans because we loved our club whatever the result. 

Fast forward to now and I honestly think we as fans have been spoilt by our recent success. Fans now expect us to be that team that won the league still and are disappointed if we are a mid table side who get results but slip up as well.

We are a young inexperienced side who this season are going through major transition. But the future looks bright young players will be inconsistent and make mistakes but if we can keep this side together and add one or 2 along the way I have no doubt we will be winning more than we loose in the next 2-3 years. If you have offered me mid table this season I would have took it this side will only get better. Just wish some of our  fans would stop being such a bunch of spoilt babies and support them through and through. 

I recall those days. One evening match against Oldham? our keeper was sent off and we lost 3-1 with around 8000 in the ground. We were terrible, almost worse than the season we were relegated to the third tier.

Agree with much of this and your earlier post.

I would say though that the players need to move on now as fast as they can. Unfortunately football does not wait for sentiment to play out its natural course and if we aren't careful we could sleepwalk our way into a relegation fight.

Really could use a win on Saturday with a very tough December to come.

Maguire hopefully is fit again with Evans along side him, that’s probably our best pairing at the moment. I’d actually stick Simpson in at RB with Ricardo on the wing, and then Albrighton on the opposite flank. I’d like to see N’didi and Silva pair up in CM for a premier league game and Okazaki in to support Vardy. This lot will be a very tough test, physically strong and not bad a footie either, if we were to return to play like we did in the second half against Brighton, we could certainly beat them. I guess all we can do is wait and see.....

12 minutes ago, La-li-lu-le-lo said:

Maguire hopefully is fit again with Evans along side him, that’s probably our best pairing at the moment. I’d actually stick Simpson in at RB with Ricardo on the wing, and then Albrighton on the opposite flank. I’d like to see N’didi and Silva pair up in CM for a premier league game and Okazaki in to support Vardy. This lot will be a very tough test, physically strong and not bad a footie either, if we were to return to play like we did in the second half against Brighton, we could certainly beat them. I guess all we can do is wait and see.....

I don't think maguire will be fit. So I think Morgan and Evans will play. I don't think Simpson works in this system so I'd go with Ricardo with albrighton in front with Gray on the other wing. I agree with the cm but think Mandy will play with N'didi to help Morgan and Evans. With maddison behind vardy

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

As someone that doesn't generally come in here and moan in every thread and whom tries to be reasonably balanced even when I've got criticism, I really, really hate being told not to moan by some happy clapper routinely towing the party line regardless. 

The "cheer up, we're supposed to be mid table, nothing is wrong, Puel is fine, you lot would moan about anything, you expect us to win the league every year, you're so spoilt" crew are no less annoying than the "everything is shit all the players are crap Puel is the devil" crew. Just two sides of the same coin. 

I really have to question how much some of you watch. I'm not going to be snobbish about who does and doesn't go to games but any actual season ticket holder that goes and watches this shit at the moment and comes away happy is beyond me. 

We are just absolutely garbage to watch. We have a purple patch every now and then where we'll play half an hour of really exciting football, like the first half at Arsenal and things will be great. But then we'll go four or five games just being rigid, four, slow, even if we win or get a point its just dull as all **** with no creativity and no very few decent chances. 

I think people are allowed to moan a bit about this and express some measured concern. Acting like it's the end of the world is clearly dramatic, we're obviously going to finish mid table with no risk of going down, we obviously have some good young players and some real prospects for the future. That's great. 

But how many of us can honestly say they're excited about match days? I feel like I'm going out of begrudging obligation half the time, I don't particularly enjoy the action on the pitch at the moment. I resent being told its because we're not top of the league either, it's nothing to do with that, it's just we aren't entertaining. 

This is an entertainment industry and we fail in that regard. We play slow, passive, patient and measured football and its not what we're used to. 

I'd much rather watch the football we played in the great escape season when we were rock bottom for half the year than this. Hell, even the Shakespeare and second season Ranieri spells were more enjoyable than half our games at the moment. 

Would you be happy still about that season if we'd actually been relegated?

Second season Ranieri was horrible to watch, much worse than now.  I had little hope we'd get anything out of any game at one point

Shakespeare at the start of last season was going the same way Ranners went, slowly but surely

4 minutes ago, Attywolf said:

I don't think maguire will be fit. So I think Morgan and Evans will play. I don't think Simpson works in this system so I'd go with Ricardo with albrighton in front with Gray on the other wing. I agree with the cm but think Mandy will play with N'didi to help Morgan and Evans. With maddison behind vardy

This is the more likely outcome, despite one that I don’t think works. He might eventually turn out to be a great player, but I really don’t think Maddison is helping us at the moment, maybe a few games out of the side will put a rocket up his arse, not that he’s a bad player, but he’s too slow at everything, I don’t think he links well with Vardy at the moment... sometimes shaking things up doesn’t hurt.

2 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Would you be happy still about that season if we'd actually been relegated?

Second season Ranieri was horrible to watch, much worse than now.  I had little hope we'd get anything out of any game at one point

Shakespeare at the start of last season was going the same way Ranners went, slowly but surely

Bit of a strawman really, I obviously wouldn't be "happy" to be relegated. 

But I'd be more entertained watching a game in which we went at a side, played with some energy and intensity and eventually lost in an exciting match than watching us grind out a slow, turgid, one nil win or goalless draw in a frustrating match. 

I don't understand people that are happy as long as the result is the right one. Who wants to sit there for ninety minutes and be bored to tears as long as we get a win at the end? You might as well just not go and check the result at full time. 

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Bit of a strawman really, I obviously wouldn't be "happy" to be relegated. 

But I'd be more entertained watching a game in which we went at a side, played with some energy and intensity and eventually lost in an exciting match than watching us grind out a slow, turgid, one nil win or goalless draw in a frustrating match. 

I don't understand people that are happy as long as the result is the right one. Who wants to sit there for ninety minutes and be bored to tears as long as we get a win at the end? You might as well just not go and check the result at full time. 

I was just thinking that if we'd actually been relegated your memory of the football we were playing might not be so positive.   Could well not be the case though

It has been frustrating to watch us at times, but I dont get the feeling at all that the team is satisfied with performances and whilst we're getting the results we have something solid to build on.

If I thought that Puel and the squad thought the performances were ok because the results are ok then I'd be worried.

Just now, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

I was just thinking that if we'd actually been relegated your memory of the football we were playing might not be so positive.   Could well not be the case though

It has been frustrating to watch us at times, but I dont get the feeling at all that the team is satisfied with performances and whilst we're getting the results we have something solid to build on.

If I thought that Puel and the squad thought the performances were ok because the results are ok then I'd be worried.

I probably exaggerated with the Shakespeare bit we were diabolical a lot under him as well tbf, absolutely. 

• Like 1

Kasper

Ricardo Evans Soyuncu Chilly

Ndidi Mendy

Albrighton Maddy Gray

Vardy

This is what I'd like to see. Evans was brilliant on Tuesday, very classy. And Soyuncu is the future, and eventually he'll need to play instead of Morgan. I hope it's sooner rather than later.

I don't know when Maguire is fit again but he has mistakes in him IMO, especially when he goes forward and struggles to get back. Leaving us exposed. Should concentrate on his defensive duties more.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Fair point on the balance. I just prefer Gray. Albrighton's inability to do anything in the final third but cross annoys me. Gray isnt much better but at least he can beat a player.

True, Leicester have put in the second most crosses in the league after the Toffees. But Gray tends to be very selfish and skies half his efforts into the kop

Puel said post match Tuesday he's not expecting Maguire back so:

Schmeichel

Ricardo

Morgan

Soyuncu

Chilwell

Ndidi 

Mendy

Silva

Maddison 

Iheanacho

Vardy

Preferably. Narrow three behind Vardy, width is coming from the full backs anyway, Silva can drop back and Iheanacho forward to a 4-3-1-2 if needed as well