Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Weasel Fox

Watford (H) pre match

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Would be a massive sign of intention from the club if he got all 3 in January, very difficult to envisage but we cant simply hide behind the mantra that we're still a young squad who are a work in progress. Back the man and lete see what happens.

It really would. I am surprised at how willing in my head I am to let Harry Maguire go, but I can't look past the fact that we could get a really good sum in for him to invest in our weaker areas. Obviously we would need Benkovic to come here in January for that to work which doesn't look likely.

For that reason I can't see us spending out that much until the summer...maybe just an attacking midfielder... 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, FIF said:

Fans wanting instant success - what could go wrong here?

Or fans wanting a bit of cohesion, aggression, intensity...after a year of turgidity! (think I’ve just invented a word). 

Or, as a minimum, wanting to go and watch a team that doesn’t look like it absolutely hates the concept of football. 

I don’t particularly want Claude to be sacked, but I do want him to be better. 

50 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Bottom of the table clubs will be an easier test for him. I'd rather ease him into the team.

Why not just throw him in the deep end like we did we Dragovic and see what he's really like. I mean, He's proven against S'oton that he's got no problem against the poorer clubs

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I get irked when people claim Puel is a defensive manager, he's anything but that. It's just our team is still not anywhere near suitable for the style of play he prefers. 

I can understand that. I don't think Puel is helped when he picks Okazaki on his own up top, and moves Maddison to left midfield though. But I wouldn't say he plays a defensive way at all. Rather just too boring with loads of sideways + backwards passing. 

17 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Haha I know, I bet there were even some who said it about Slimani and Silva! It can all go tits up quite quickly really ?

I definitely did and was buzzing for those 2 signings for more or less no reason.  I still wont admit they have been flops lol 

Silva's breakthrough due any day now

• Haha 3

Schmeichel

Ricardo - Morgan - Evans - Chilwell

Mendy - Ndidi

Albrighton - Maddison - Gray

Vardy

Two evenly matched teams, two teams that have been hit and miss recently, this is a very hard game to predict.

Watford are a decent physical side, Doucoure and Capoue in the middle could easily boss us, Deeney always offers you a good challenge, I'd also be worried if they start Success over Deulofeu, his pace and power could easily kill us.

I'm feeling optimistic though purely because Watford have had some dodgy results of late, I just hope we can be more consistent and commit ourselves more when we are in good attacking positions.

2-1 win, Vardy & Gray.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Almo-Fox said:

this is a good opportunity to go 7 th or 8 th as Bournemouth (8 ) will face man city  and if Southampton win ( most unlikely against man united) Leicester will be 7 th if not not 8 th 

watford vs Leicester   must win 

come on foxes 

Man City not playing this week Almo ? ...   :)

• Haha 1

Once we hit December, the crazy schedule means that games become a lot more about grinding out results than performances. Probably a good thing given how we are playing at the moment! Over the next 6 weeks it's about maximising the squad and picking up as many points as possible. It's a bit like the Championship where even draws are actually a point gained and not points lost in the overall context of things.

I think this will be a 1-1 draw personally, but it could go either way really.

• Like 1

On 28/11/2018 at 15:04, Crinklyfox said:

This is a very good point.  Statistically we have had a similar number of shots on goal through our PL seasons but the proportion we have converted to goals has varied.

2015/16 we converted 18.6% of our shots, finished 1st

2016/17 we converted 16% of our shots, finished 12th

2017/18 we converted 19% of our shots, finished 9th

The club that converted the highest percentage of their shots won the PL in each of those seasons.

Strikers have dips in form and hot streaks and that can have a real impact on the team regardless of the manager.

Interesting stats.

I often wondered why last seson felt better than when we won the league ?

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

I think there might be 2 reasons he might not want to play as open football yet... first, he probably doesn’t have the confidence in the players to force it on them, and secondly if he does he knows whilst the football might be more entertaining we also probs have a bigger chance of losing, and almost every time we do his job is ‘at risk’ 

I dont think that last part concerns him, hes never really caved in and gone 3-4-1-2 which would have given a better balance to our disjointed defence. He persevered with attacking full backs and wingers and now Ricardo seems much more settled at right back.

He's quite unflinching in his ways, I think he's probably most frustrated at still not having the squad he wants. He'll say the squad is great but it's nowhere near befitting the style he advocates.

• Like 1