Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Weasel Fox

Watford (H) pre match

4 minutes ago, Master Fox said:

Imagine if we score a goal in the first half.... scenes! 

Trying to remember which match it was last season when it took until something like the 85th minute to record a shot on target. The reaction around me the following match when we did so within ten minutes was pretty funny. 

Putting on my positive hat, I felt at the start of the season that things were looking pretty good in that we were getting goals from multiple sources - it's always been so risky just relying on Vardy and Mahrez (when he was here), as once there's an injury you are in serious trouble. With that in mind I do think we are in a slightly better place now, with players like Maddison, Ricardo and Ghezzal stepping up and showing they are capable of scoring and creating, and players like Gray and Chilwell starting to make more of a contribution this year. Last match against Burnley was just ridiculous in how many chances we created and none came off...but I really think you can put that down to fatigue though due to everything that had happened. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I realise you're joking... But no we ALWAYS don't. 

Sorry, pedantry sometimes wins out over pragmatism :)

Sorry, didn't realise that hyperbole and a rather sad attempt at wit would cause offence. I should have merely said that our record against Arsenal, Chelsea (bar once or twice). Palace (0-8 agg last year), Spurs (couple of wins in 50 years), Westham (recent improvement but 4 decades of losing at Upton Park) Fulham (long regarded as our bogey team) and QPR is somewhat poor. Sorry.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SuperMike said:

Sorry, didn't realise that hyperbole and a rather sad attempt at wit would cause offence. I should have merely said that our record against Arsenal, Chelsea (bar once or twice). Palace (0-8 agg last year), Spurs (couple of wins in 50 years), Westham (recent improvement but 4 decades of losing at Upton Park) Fulham (long regarded as our bogey team) and QPR is somewhat poor. Sorry.

You sure know how to caveat the sh*t out of 'always'

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Amen to that. If we go another game at home vs a team we should really beat or at least create against, he should start coming under some scrutiny from Top + co.

You say another we should at least create against suggesting that's happened at all in the league this season? Burnley were lucky not to be 3 down by half time against us, West Ham we had two goals disallowed, Vardy missed a 3 good chances Vs Everton, Huddersfield we scored 3 against... Only so much the manager can be blamed for before you start asking why our talismanic striker is missing several brilliant chances...

8 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

You say another we should at least create against suggesting that's happened at all in the league this season? Burnley were lucky not to be 3 down by half time against us, West Ham we had two goals disallowed, Vardy missed a 3 good chances Vs Everton, Huddersfield we scored 3 against... Only so much the manager can be blamed for before you start asking why our talismanic striker is missing several brilliant chances...

This is a very good point.  Statistically we have had a similar number of shots on goal through our PL seasons but the proportion we have converted to goals has varied.

2015/16 we converted 18.6% of our shots, finished 1st

2016/17 we converted 16% of our shots, finished 12th

2017/18 we converted 19% of our shots, finished 9th

The club that converted the highest percentage of their shots won the PL in each of those seasons.

Strikers have dips in form and hot streaks and that can have a real impact on the team regardless of the manager.

5 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Schmackle

Rick Caglar Evans Chilwell

Nendy Ndidi

Gray Nacho Maddison

Vardy

Maddison not technically on the wing of course. We won a game or two with this team if I remember correctly. I like how the attackers can interchange etc. 

No Albrighton?! He was magnificent against Brighton and gives us good balance down the right with Ricardo in the team.

4 hours ago, Xen said:

Schmeichel

Ricardo Soyuncu Evans Chilwell

Mendy Iborra

Albrighton Okazaki Gray

Vardy

Subs: Ward, Fuchs, Morgan, Ndidi, Silva, Maddison, Iheanacho

Albrighton and Okazaki there to provide some more movement than we've seen recently. Gray/Albrighton to switch throughout the match to build on this.

Don’t think Iborra will be fit enough to start (or even play), but even if he is he was pedestrian last weekend and undeserving of another start.

These are the sort of home games even under Shakespeare and early Puel that we'd still get a win but since February this year they've become less certain. A draw is probably the likely result, but given our run of games coming up I think we need a win for everyone's sake. 

I'd like to see Maddison refind his sparkle, it's not the first time this city and county are asking Where is Maddy. He's our creative spark, the criticism he'll have received in this last week may well cause him to have a point to prove. He got a lot of hot air blown up his botty after his good start with us and a bit of a wake up call might do him and us the world of good, hes got tons of ability and he'll overcome the slump no doubt. 

I think (hope) we'll sneak a slender win either 2-1 or 1-0

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

No Albrighton?! He was magnificent against Brighton and gives us good balance down the right with Ricardo in the team.

Fair point on the balance. I just prefer Gray. Albrighton's inability to do anything in the final third but cross annoys me. Gray isnt much better but at least he can beat a player.

We can beat these. No question. But I see the game going like this. 

Watford let us have possession and try and catch us on the break. They score their only chance. We struggle to then break them down for the next 50 minutes until we get a scrappy equaliser. Another 1-1 draw. 

31 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Fair point on the balance. I just prefer Gray. Albrighton's inability to do anything in the final third but cross annoys me. Gray isnt much better but at least he can beat a player.

I think we need both atm. Gray is a certain starter at the moment because of his pace. I don't think Maddison is ready to play on the left. That will work when we have 3 top quality/high on form players in the positions behind the front man. Maddison hasn't got to the point where he's good enough to to still influence the game from a wide position and KI isn't going to be up to it until he gets a run of games.

10 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

The "I'm prepared to give city a free shot everyweek, and we the loose every game for the rest of the season I'll understand because of what they have been through. I love my club and the manager and staff and will support them come what may"

Has not really lasted that long reading this thread.

Personally I can forgive the players for not putting in sparking performances in the last couple of weeks with signs of  fatigue and sometimes disjointed play. Remember what these players have gone through and get behind them every game and be proud of who we are, whatever the performance or result we should be very proud of our club this season. 

Very well said sir. 

5 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Sometimes I'm so proud of our fans think winning the league where the ground was rocking like never before , our away fans are generally brilliant especially during  the support in our recent European adventures and of course the recent happenings at the club that brought the fans together like never before. 

But other times when you read comments in threads like this some make you sick to the back teeth. I was brought up in the terraces going back to Milne Hamilton and Pleate days when for the majority of the times we were sh#t when we were bringing in crouds of 7-8,000 in the darkest days. So we had no choice but to sing our hearts out in Pen 3 knowing we were gonna be lucky to even see a goal never mind get some points and the away days were worse!

But I kept going everyweek along with the other 7,000 die hard fans because we loved our club whatever the result. 

Fast forward to now and I honestly think we as fans have been spoilt by our recent success. Fans now expect us to be that team that won the league still and are disappointed if we are a mid table side who get results but slip up as well.

We are a young inexperienced side who this season are going through major transition. But the future looks bright young players will be inconsistent and make mistakes but if we can keep this side together and add one or 2 along the way I have no doubt we will be winning more than we loose in the next 2-3 years. If you have offered me mid table this season I would have took it this side will only get better. Just wish some of our  fans would stop being such a bunch of spoilt babies and support them through and through. 

It's good to read an ITK, or someone with some inside info, speak so positively - are things healthy-ish within the club, do you think?

• Like 1