Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Weasel Fox

Watford (H) pre match

Schmeichel

Ricardo Morgan Evans Chilwell

Albrighton Mendy Ndidi Gray

Vardy Ihenanacho

Morgan will not be dropped this season, Maddison needs to remain on the bench after his exploits at Brighton, needs to learn, cannot blame the manager that day he played a team in the second half who could of took all three points. 

As per usual will go be a goal behind then wake up in the last 30 minutes, need to set a high tempo from the start and take three points of another side that are there for the taking 3-1 

On 29/11/2018 at 11:57, Finnegan said:

As someone that doesn't generally come in here and moan in every thread and whom tries to be reasonably balanced even when I've got criticism, I really, really hate being told not to moan by some happy clapper routinely towing the party line regardless. 

The "cheer up, we're supposed to be mid table, nothing is wrong, Puel is fine, you lot would moan about anything, you expect us to win the league every year, you're so spoilt" crew are no less annoying than the "everything is shit all the players are crap Puel is the devil" crew. Just two sides of the same coin. 

I really have to question how much some of you watch. I'm not going to be snobbish about who does and doesn't go to games but any actual season ticket holder that goes and watches this shit at the moment and comes away happy is beyond me. 

We are just absolutely garbage to watch. We have a purple patch every now and then where we'll play half an hour of really exciting football, like the first half at Arsenal and things will be great. But then we'll go four or five games just being rigid, four, slow, even if we win or get a point its just dull as all **** with no creativity and no very few decent chances. 

I think people are allowed to moan a bit about this and express some measured concern. Acting like it's the end of the world is clearly dramatic, we're obviously going to finish mid table with no risk of going down, we obviously have some good young players and some real prospects for the future. That's great. 

But how many of us can honestly say they're excited about match days? I feel like I'm going out of begrudging obligation half the time, I don't particularly enjoy the action on the pitch at the moment. I resent being told its because we're not top of the league either, it's nothing to do with that, it's just we aren't entertaining. 

This is an entertainment industry and we fail in that regard. We play slow, passive, patient and measured football and its not what we're used to. 

I'd much rather watch the football we played in the great escape season when we were rock bottom for half the year than this. Hell, even the Shakespeare and second season Ranieri spells were more enjoyable than half our games at the moment. 

Amen.

21 hours ago, FIF said:

We're at home. we'll win.

Kasper (but would love Ward to play)

Ricardo

Caglar

Maguire if fit

Chillers

Ndidi

Mendy

Albrighton

Maddy

Grayey

Vardy

If we have to go 4231 I’d play the above with Silva in for Mendy or Ndidi.

Maddison needs to receive the ball further up the pitch and we need someone in the side that can play a forward pass and carry the ball a bit. Silva may not be on the best run of form but I’d give him the game time right now as we don’t appear to have any other midfielder which fits the mould of what we need to make this underwhelming formation more creative.

We need someone to link up play and tirelessly close down to break up play. Step up Mr Okazaki who is clearly made for this role and does it perfectly everytime he comes on there.

The title season we missed Okazaki when he didn't play. The season after he didn't play much and we missed him and now we still miss him. He made things happen in the Burnley game, he should be a starter over Maddison in the 10 role. I think Maddison should take Ghezzal's role on the wing. 

On 29/11/2018 at 11:57, Finnegan said:

As someone that doesn't generally come in here and moan in every thread and whom tries to be reasonably balanced even when I've got criticism, I really, really hate being told not to moan by some happy clapper routinely towing the party line regardless. 

The "cheer up, we're supposed to be mid table, nothing is wrong, Puel is fine, you lot would moan about anything, you expect us to win the league every year, you're so spoilt" crew are no less annoying than the "everything is shit all the players are crap Puel is the devil" crew. Just two sides of the same coin. 

I really have to question how much some of you watch. I'm not going to be snobbish about who does and doesn't go to games but any actual season ticket holder that goes and watches this shit at the moment and comes away happy is beyond me. 

We are just absolutely garbage to watch. We have a purple patch every now and then where we'll play half an hour of really exciting football, like the first half at Arsenal and things will be great. But then we'll go four or five games just being rigid, four, slow, even if we win or get a point its just dull as all **** with no creativity and no very few decent chances. 

I think people are allowed to moan a bit about this and express some measured concern. Acting like it's the end of the world is clearly dramatic, we're obviously going to finish mid table with no risk of going down, we obviously have some good young players and some real prospects for the future. That's great. 

But how many of us can honestly say they're excited about match days? I feel like I'm going out of begrudging obligation half the time, I don't particularly enjoy the action on the pitch at the moment. I resent being told its because we're not top of the league either, it's nothing to do with that, it's just we aren't entertaining. 

This is an entertainment industry and we fail in that regard. We play slow, passive, patient and measured football and its not what we're used to. 

I'd much rather watch the football we played in the great escape season when we were rock bottom for half the year than this. Hell, even the Shakespeare and second season Ranieri spells were more enjoyable than half our games at the moment. 

Top post.

Doubt today will be much different either. Watford will fancy their chances of catching us on the break and our home form is pretty ordinary really.

1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

If we have to go 4231 I’d play the above with Silva in for Mendy or Ndidi.

Maddison needs to receive the ball further up the pitch and we need someone in the side that can play a forward pass and carry the ball a bit. Silva may not be on the best run of form but I’d give him the game time right now as we don’t appear to have any other midfielder which fits the mould of what we need to make this underwhelming formation more creative.

Rather play my granny than silva.

On ‎28‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 11:46, weller54 said:

Mystic Meg mode...... 

We start slow. 

We concede the first goal. (Deeney). 

We don't have a shot on target in the first half.

Wes sent off 

Second half we're better and grab an equaliser in the 74th minute (Vardy pen). 

FT opens another Puel Out thread. 

Fixed it for ya :thumbup:

• Like 1

Really miss the feeling of waking up on a Saturday and instantly looking forward to going down and watching the match.

Not had that feeling for a while, and same again today :(

I'll be down there supporting the team and manager, but christ it's hard to get excited with how we're approaching games.

For the record, I don't harbour unrealistic expectations. I just want to see us pressing high, moving the ball a lot quicker and not playing 2 defensive midfielders.

Hope we win today.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Abrasive fox said:

Massive game today.

We've been poor for a while and havdnt played well for an entire match for a very long time, nor have we beaten anyone good yet this season.

1-2 defeat.

That's the spirit lol

I can actually see it going the same way though unfortunately. Today could be the day when the crowd really turns on Puel. 

10 minutes ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

That's the spirit lol

I can actually see it going the same way though unfortunately. Today could be the day when the crowd really turns on Puel. 

Nope, big win and the Puel outers will quieten down till next week apart from the odd ‘doesn’t mean anything’ grumble post  ...   :scarf:

There really is an opportunity this weekend to push on. Wolves' juggernaught has crashed and we can see their wheels rolling around in our wing mirrors. We can obviously control how many points Watford get this weekend and it's Bournemouths turn to sit in the dentists chair that is Man City away and a bit higher up Everton may get pegged back as they play Liverpool. Our next home games are Spurs and Man City  so we really do need to take this weekends opportunity albeit a relatively tough opponent and show some authority and confidence  as to be "best of the rest" these are games you need to show it in. It's been bitty so far, certain things starting to click then not. We need a new start, Vardy, Maddison and Gray absolutely on it and electric, full backs carry on joining in in the final third creating overloads, Ndidi neing encouraged to join in attacks at 0-0 not just when we're chasing a game for the final 20 minutes, be the home side, boss it. A big day in our season.

2-0 Maddison, Vardy

But then again....Evans turn to get two yellows....0-2 ???

• Like 1