Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Weasel Fox

Watford (H) pre match

2 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

I think there might be 2 reasons he might not want to play as open football yet... first, he probably doesn’t have the confidence in the players to force it on them, and secondly if he does he knows whilst the football might be more entertaining we also probs have a bigger chance of losing, and almost every time we do his job is ‘at risk’ 

That is true. When he first took over we were playing great football and it was pleasing to watch. For some reason we seem to have gone backwards since the initial 2 month spell. It is impossible playing passing football with Morgan cb and playing 2 holding midfielders. Not Puels fault we have no cms who are capable of starting attacks and being creative. He didn't sign Mendy, James, King, Ndidi, Silva or Iborra and we are already loaded in that area. So we need to sell before improving. Just would be good to play football similar style as when he first took over. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Man City not playing this week Almo ? ...   :)

hi country

they play same day same time

which means Leicester by winning will know at the end if the match that Leicester has jumped from 10th to 8th 

this is a good opportunity 

4 hours ago, siraaj_lcfc said:

Why not just throw him in the deep end like we did we Dragovic and see what he's really like. I mean, He's proven against S'oton that he's got no problem against the poorer clubs

Drag was older, more experienced and better. It's basically a risk that Soyuncu has a stinker and the crowd and the players get on his back and the confidence knock delays his development. And that's less likely against Cardiff than Watford. I do want to see him play of course but there's nothing wrong with easing young players into the team gently.

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I get irked when people claim Puel is a defensive manager, he's anything but that. It's just our team is still not anywhere near suitable for the style of play he prefers. 

Anyone who took the effort of looking at his bio or watch some of the stuff he did in the french league. would know that he's more of an attack minded manager who still doesn't hesitate to switch to a defensive play style if the need arises. People are imo blinded by what he had to do with Soton as he basically lost the spine of his team.

He's short of a creative midfielder but that's a problem we had before he showed up and it's one of the most difficult position to fill. I sincerely hoped that Ndidi would improve his passing but it doesn't seem to be the case yet and Mendi suffers from the same problem. Maddison still have to fit in and nothing really comes from the wingers at the moment. We're sometimes really painful to watch and seem to not know what to do with the ball in the last third. Peppering crosses in the box will never work without a target man so we should keep the ball on the floor. While have some players with a good ability on the ball, they still blow hot and cold more than often. Gray is an enigma and in fact we're relying much more on the FBs to create something rather than the front three.

I don't see Ghezzal ever making it as a winger in this league as he's simply too slow but I wouldn't mind trying him again in the hole and pushing Maddison on the wing for the moment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Would be a massive sign of intention from the club if he got all 3 in January, very difficult to envisage but we cant simply hide behind the mantra that we're still a young squad who are a work in progress. Back the man and lete see what happens.

I just can't see it happening with the bloated squad we already have. We absolutely need to trim it down first.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, That_Dude said:

I just can't see it happening with the bloated squad we already have. We absolutely need to trim it down first.

We're losing at least 4-5 in the summer which makes the squad quite light especially in attack and out wide. Iborra and Silva may well be off too so there'll need to be that elusive box to boss midfielder we are missing. 

3 hours ago, That_Dude said:

Okazaki,Simpson & Fuchs.

Jakupovic,King & Benny.

Possibly Morgan.

Maybe either Iborra or Silva.

It will get trimmed this Summer for sure.

7 hours ago, weller54 said:

He Wanks high in Wome? 

(Sorry I'm Late Bob)

I bwing to pwesent the team; Cward Pwooell.

Errr... I peek.... a goaleee, err.. Amarteee, Ndidee, Mendee, Chaudree, and errr Vardee.

Zee rest can fight fur zere posission. ( That's why Morgan always gets in).

In ze... errr window I will be szining Aliee, Messee and errr Mbabppee

10 hours ago, Al-aLondon-Foxile said:

I've been reading the forum for ages now, and i keep thinking the same thing. I'm London based and for years lived around Charlton and knew many of their fans, and for 3 years i stewarded there. They got bored with mid table, and wanted to push on and challenge for Europe and other potential honours, but realistically they were as good as they were ever going to be. Look how that's turned out for them. I know that what we say on here has no reflection on the direction the club heads in, but the future is bright for us, what we achieved in 15/16 was amazing and in all probability will never be repeated by us or anyone like us. Challenging amongst the top half and aiming/hoping for a cup success is realistic (quarter/semi finals), beyond that probably isn't. We have a very young squad, and they need time and our patience to be allowed to grow, in my opinion CP is doing a reasonable job, i'd like him to be more dynamic, playing football like we did when he first arrived with us, but he's bring through a good crop of young players and i'm happy for him to have time to develop them. 

Good post. In total agreement. Until we play more dynamic football the anguished howls will grow though. Personally, and despite the actual result, I was disappointed with our showing on Tuesday night. I know there were changes and rusty players but it was very poor at times. Maybe that's just a case of having elevated expectations on my part.

I'm still firmly in the same court as you though. He's doing a reasonable job, let's just hope he's given the patience and, subsequently, he rewards us all for that said patience.

• Like 1

I want to see Maddison switched back on and at it tomorrow. I hope he has had a bit of a wake up call that he must get some of his early season form and it's not a walk in the park.

I would like to hope that Claude has the faith to keep Soyuncu in the starting XI. I think it's time to ease Morgan out the picture to be honest. 

Kasper

Ricardo   Soyuncu      Evans   Chilwell 

Mendy     Ndidi 

Albrighton  Maddison  Gray

Vardy

Subs: Ward, Morgan, Simpson, Iborra, Diabate, Iheanacho, Okazaki

• Like 2