Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
H.a.r.r.y

Support + atmosphere

We've never had a passionate following though, we're as bad as most sets of fans.

The only thing that could help is to make one end for those who want to sing, they've done this at clubs like derby and improved the atmosphere, that was led by the fans themselves but we aren't pro active enough o change anything.

• Thanks 2

Football is hugely changing as a sport. Armchair fans are on the rise unwilling to spend hundreds to go to games when they can watch them from the comfort of home. People go to games more as tourist fans rather than diehards.

Palace is my first away game this year, it'll be refreshing not being stared at for screaming at the ref for missing bookabke offense number 7 for one of their players

I’m one of the old brigade and have done my share of standing and singing back in the day when you turned up paid on the gate and went inside to find your mates both when standing and when told to sit but as above the seats were unreserved and people would hotch up to let you in.

I admit I sit and watch the football but still want to be entertained and if I am entertained I will join in the clapping and singing.

I measure a game in two ways by the technical ability I’ve seen and the number of times I’m out of my seat.

Lately I’ve seen glimpses of the first but very little of the second, I reckon the only time I got up during the Southampton game was at halftime and the VAR.

• Like 2

It has been shit since we got knocked out of the Champions League. There have been a couple of anomalies at home and away, but by and large it's absolutely dreadful and it's all from a collectively entitled mindset. 

When we were bottom of the league in 2014/15, the concourses were bouncing 30 mins before kick off. For some reason, there needs to be a siege mentality for a good atmosphere.

Edited by RonnieTodger
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, H.a.r.r.y said:

our home atmosphere is close to dead now, and i don't know why 

even with union FS trying to help, most fans just sit the whole game and clap with a clapper the odd time. it's getting quite embarassing and boring

Boring tedious keep ball leads to sleepy fans:giggle:

For all the years I've watched us, I'd say our supporters are always better when the teams a bit shit and our backs are against the wall.

Took a mate ( arsenal fan) many years ago to watch us v West Ham at filbo.

We won 1-0 and he commented on how our supporters kept cheering us on all game.

He said Arsenal fans cheer when the team does something.

Leicester fans cheer/sing to help the team to do something.

• 3 months later...
On 29/11/2018 at 08:17, purpleronnie said:

We've never had a passionate following though, we're as bad as most sets of fans.

The only thing that could help is to make one end for those who want to sing, they've done this at clubs like derby and improved the atmosphere, that was led by the fans themselves but we aren't pro active enough o change anything.

Norwich have a similar thing going on - the Barclay stand behind one of the goals where they all stand and make all the noise. Wolves seem have an end behind the goal where they all stand also. 

The plastic clappers need binning aswell. 

5 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Norwich have a similar thing going on - the Barclay stand behind one of the goals where they all stand and make all the noise. Wolves seem have an end behind the goal where they all stand also. 

The plastic clappers need binning aswell. 

I don't think the club are interested in atmosphere really, they pay lip service to it but bar the gimmick of the clappers they've not shown any interest in it. It's hardly surprising when nobody at the club is a football fan (bar Jim who's Rangers), let alone a Leicester fan.

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I don't think the club are interested in atmosphere really, they pay lip service to it but bar the gimmick of the clappers they've not shown any interest in it. It's hardly surprising when nobody at the club is a football fan (bar Jim who's Rangers), let alone a Leicester fan.

It’s a shame. The atmosphere was blamed on puels boring football but we played well vs Brighton & Fulham and the atmosphere was dire. It’s much more deep routed than that.

The clappers are the equivalent of putting a plaster over a broken leg.  

* it is not just home atmosphere either, the away is poor at the best of times. 

Edited by OhYesNdidi
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Ashley said:

On a serious note....

We NEED to change the 'Kop' to the family stand. 

Dont give me it cant be done blah blah blah because quite simply... it can. Derby have managed it and so have Middlesbrough. 

If not move the away fans down to the kop now, and yes, yes it could be done. Derby have the exact lay out to us so using 'the coaches park on the road and it's an easy exit' is a poor excuse. 

Someone said it above ^ we aren't pro active enough as fans to challenge the club. Those that have before have found themselves banned for a period of time... 

How are we going to make this happen?

The clappers are a part of the problem. They've not only bred laziness, they stop any good songs from going around the ground. Every song turns into "clap clap clap" speeding up and it just sounds crap. It's why I've never been in favour.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

On a serious note....

We NEED to change the 'Kop' to the family stand. 

Dont give me it cant be done blah blah blah because quite simply... it can. Derby have managed it and so have Middlesbrough. 

If not move the away fans down to the kop now, and yes, yes it could be done. Derby have the exact lay out to us so using 'the coaches park on the road and it's an easy exit' is a poor excuse. 

Someone said it above ^ we aren't pro active enough as fans to challenge the club. Those that have before have found themselves banned for a period of time... 

It does say a lot that the idea has become a bit ridiculed on here yet as you say, at other clubs it has happened and with a degree of success too. You just know it would never happen here.

8 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

What benefit will moving the kop and the family stand have? What’s the obsession with the idea? I’ve always been intrigued

L1 are generally better when there’s a more vocal end that turns up as opposed to a side like Fulham. The “Kop” is probably too big for the amount of singers and disperses them around the south stand too much so I suppose the current family stand could concentrate singers better. It’s not something that I think would make a huge difference personally and there’s the possibility that we’d be completely drowned out by Man United or Chelsea 

1 hour ago, the fox said:

1 or 2 people are enough to get 100 to start cheering. 

Unfortunately not. UFS try to sing for most of the game and it's rare the rest of the Kop join in. Admittedly, there's a lot of new songs tried out but plenty of classics too - generally I think our fanbase as a whole doesn't have much of an appetite to be vocal anymore.

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 3