Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
H.a.r.r.y

Support + atmosphere

40 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

There were two lads next to me who were just on their phones betting throughout the entire second half. I mean, what is the point of going?

Happens every away game. Three lads behind us disappeared midway through the first half presumably to see their mates and didn’t see them again! They were going on about being skint and having no money for a drink, it’s no wonder when you blow 20-30 quid on Match tickets and don’t bother watching the game!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

There were two lads next to me who were just on their phones betting throughout the entire second half. I mean, what is the point of going?

If it annoys you so much jump up wildly and “accidentally” knock the phone out of their hand when we score

I found our fans a bit odd yesterday when we started singing a song about Huddersfield getting relegated when they were singing it themselves and given their background, it’s not really a dig. 

What annoys about this (and suppose we aren’t alone with this) is that people get more vocal having a dig at the opposition and then supporting the performance of their own team 

• Thanks 1

From Terrier Spirit

Leicester fans show their ignorance

Another poor performance in this game came from the Leicester fans, who clearly don’t know much about Huddersfield Town’s history. “Champions of England, you’ll never sing that!” was chanted on repeat throughout the game, despite Town’s record three consecutive league titles. Admittedly it’s now over 90 years since our proudest moment, but it still counts and I think the Leicester fans looked a bit silly.

I’m also not sure chanting at rival fans about their relegation has much impact once it becomes a mathematical certainty. When you’re in the relegation fight it’s insulting to be told you’re going down but once you know it’s going to happen the opposition fans are just stating a fact. It’s a bit like them telling us we’re playing in blue and white. We know already.

To finish on a positive, I will say that many Premier League clubs away followings have provided poor support to their teams at the John Smith’s Stadium but Leicester’s fans were in good voice throughout. Winning easily and scoring four makes it easier to stay in good voice, but I was still impressed by the noise they made. I suspect we’ll see an increase in passion and volume from the away end once we’re back in the Championship and away from the Premier League’s prawn-sandwich-loving fans.

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

From Terrier Spirit

Leicester fans show their ignorance

Another poor performance in this game came from the Leicester fans, who clearly don’t know much about Huddersfield Town’s history. “Champions of England, you’ll never sing that!” was chanted on repeat throughout the game, despite Town’s record three consecutive league titles. Admittedly it’s now over 90 years since our proudest moment, but it still counts and I think the Leicester fans looked a bit silly.

I’m also not sure chanting at rival fans about their relegation has much impact once it becomes a mathematical certainty. When you’re in the relegation fight it’s insulting to be told you’re going down but once you know it’s going to happen the opposition fans are just stating a fact. It’s a bit like them telling us we’re playing in blue and white. We know already.

To finish on a positive, I will say that many Premier League clubs away followings have provided poor support to their teams at the John Smith’s Stadium but Leicester’s fans were in good voice throughout. Winning easily and scoring four makes it easier to stay in good voice, but I was still impressed by the noise they made. I suspect we’ll see an increase in passion and volume from the away end once we’re back in the Championship and away from the Premier League’s prawn-sandwich-loving fans.

more winging fans? Glad to see the back of them

I was stood right next to the home end. Every time we sung the vichai had a dream chant they always replied with “champions of England we’ve won it three times” 

so I’m assuming they thought we sang “champions of England you’ve never sang that” on the last line.

so it’s actually them the dumb ones 

• Like 2

Just now, leicesterseddon said:

Clearly they didn’t understand what we were actually singing.

Pretty obvious it was the same for that bloke who came on the pitch at half-time for his little rant.

Very small time that 

to be fair my herbert chapman is a c**t chant didn’t get off the ground 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Haha 4

Guest Markyblue
2 minutes ago, LCFC FOX said:

I was stood right next to the home end. Every time we sung the vichai had a dream chant they always replied with “champions of England we’ve won it three times” 

so I’m assuming they thought we sang “champions of England you’ve never sang that” on the last line.

so it’s actually them the dumb ones 

Yes they won it 3 times no parades though, the motor car wasn't invented.