Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
H.a.r.r.y

Support + atmosphere

29 minutes ago, leicesterseddon said:

Clearly they didn’t understand what we were actually singing.

Pretty obvious it was the same for that bloke who came on the pitch at half-time for his little rant.

He seemed a bit rattled by it as he mentioned it twice during his 15 minutes of work.

Thick Yorkies.

3 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

The chants of "F**k Off To The Championship" were unnecessary on Saturday. We're better than that.

I remember Man U singing that to us years ago and taking the pi** by celebrating when we got a goal back in a 4-1 home defeat. 

We had a lot of kindness and love after the title win and the crash and while we still need 'banter' (for want of a better word) with other clubs, let's try and stay a bit classy.

Thanks for the words of wisdom again Geoff

4 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

The chants of "F**k Off To The Championship" were unnecessary on Saturday. We're better than that.

I remember Man U singing that to us years ago and taking the pi** by celebrating when we got a goal back in a 4-1 home defeat. 

We had a lot of kindness and love after the title win and the crash and while we still need 'banter' (for want of a better word) with other clubs, let's try and stay a bit classy.

What you're saying is you'd LIKE us to be better than that. I agree.

Bur I've noticed a worrying tendency towards witlessness in recent times among City fans.

Hope it's a temporary blip, and we regain a bit of style, but I'm not holding my breath...

2 minutes ago, Stoopid said:

What you're saying is you'd LIKE us to be better than that. I agree.

Bur I've noticed a worrying tendency towards witlessness in recent times among City fans.

Hope it's a temporary blip, and we regain a bit of style, but I'm not holding my breath...

Sadly, in good times and in bad, we retain a percentage of witless fans.

10 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Sadly, in good times and in bad, we retain a percentage of witless fans.

Yeah - and it's not just us of course.

The recent baffling rise in things like racism suggest a pretty widespread increase in general stupidity.

I blame social media, me. (In the voice of Neil Warnock).

38 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Another classic was us signing ‘we’re on our way’.... with half of the end singing....to the Champions League .....follows the boys and Claudio. 

Up there with some dimwit telling me Soyuncu gave away a penalty with handball 

I was confused by that too. Any ideas what the other half were singing?

35 minutes ago, Stoopid said:

Yeah - and it's not just us of course.

The recent baffling rise in things like racism suggest a pretty widespread increase in general stupidity.

I blame social media, me. (In the voice of Neil Warnock).

Yes, inasmuch as it has shown it, encouraged it, amplified it and normalised it.

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

Yes, inasmuch as it has shown it, encouraged it, amplified it and normalised it.

I know. It encourages people with strange interests to find other oddballs to validate them.

Like Leicester City fans, for example. 

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Another classic was us signing ‘we’re on our way’.... with half of the end singing....to the Champions League .....follows the boys and Claudio. 

To be fair that one has been rejuvenated pretty recently hasn't it? I wouldn't know what the 'new' words were if I heard that

As others have mentioned, we never sang that. It was the Vichai song and "Champions of England, You weren't even born".

Huddersfield is always a good day out with decent folk, and the whole "stand up if you're going down" chant was a good craic which both fans had a laugh about.

Good that he seems to have owned up to his mistake. Someone get the lad some eardrops before the next game.

Edit - likewise, i should probably read the full thread before jumping the gun. We all have flaws. lol

Edited by OntarioFox

3 hours ago, baker11 said:

I was confused by that too. Any ideas what the other half were singing?

My attempt was the following...

We’re on our way

we’re on our way

to the Europa League

we’re on our way 

Can we get there yes we can

follow the boys and Brendan’s plan 

pack your bags cause Leicester’s on there way

This chant got away ends rocking and even at home was one our loudest chants. We 100% need to bring it back somehow. Probably just needs spreading on social media more otherwise most will sing the Claudio version.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Probably me lol 

Guest Markyblue
15 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

The end of the Vichai song seems to confuse every opposition supporter. Fair play to the Huddersfield bloke for correcting himself.

People sometimes hear what they want to hear, so they can be offended. 

3 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

The end of the Vichai song seems to confuse every opposition supporter. Fair play to the Huddersfield bloke for correcting himself.

I'll always sing it, but the last couple of lines of that chant really are bobbins.

Real shame to lose Huddersfield as an away day next season. There was a fair amount of shit going over the divide during the game between the home end and some lads near me, but one guy from their end who'd been giving it just gave us all a thumbs up at the end so I gave him one back. They're a good bunch and live in a decent town to booze in, but like all fanbases (ours included) have an element of internet whingers who take it all too seriously.

Edited by Voll Blau
  • Like 3