Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
H.a.r.r.y

Support + atmosphere

On 29/11/2018 at 08:17, purpleronnie said:

The only thing that could help is to make one end for those who want to sing, they've done this at clubs like derby and improved the atmosphere

Correct, if the club really want a good, organically loud stadium they need to have the balls to piss some people off and clear out an area for people to band together. 

On 29/11/2018 at 08:17, purpleronnie said:

that was led by the fans themselves but we aren't pro active enough to change anything.

UFS ask over and over again but it just falls on deaf ears unfortunately. 

9 hours ago, the fox said:

The clappers should've never been the main source of atmosphere. There should be a group of fans spread across the stands who cheer and create a better atmosphere. 1 or 2 people are enough to get 100 to start cheering. 

They never were. That was a bit of a myth created to justify why the club introduced them. If there was nobody singing in the first place, people would never have had a reason to use them.

14 hours ago, Ashley said:

On a serious note....

We NEED to change the 'Kop' to the family stand. 

Dont give me it cant be done blah blah blah because quite simply... it can. Derby have managed it and so have Middlesbrough. 

If not move the away fans down to the kop now, and yes, yes it could be done. Derby have the exact lay out to us so using 'the coaches park on the road and it's an easy exit' is a poor excuse. 

Someone said it above ^ we aren't pro active enough as fans to challenge the club. Those that have before have found themselves banned for a period of time... 

You actually have more chance of them swapping the kop and family stand than you do them moving the away fans.

The police holding cells and paperwork office are underneath the away end. They are never moving the away fans and having to drag them out the end and all the way along the side of the pitch past L1. Even if the club wanted the police would overrule 

Support is exactly what you make it. 

I was at the game on Saturday and there was about 50 of us congregated at the back of the Away end, all singing for the full game.

UFS have done the right thing by getting people who want to sing for the whole game to stand with each other

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Stadt said:

generally I think our fanbase as a whole doesn't have much of an appetite to be vocal anymore.

This is exactly it. It's not just noise either, it's a complete lack of passion. Can't blame it on Puel either.

The video of Morgan's winner at Burnley that did the rounds looked like no-one was bothered at all.

Just don't think our fans care as much anymore. 

16 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

The clappers are a part of the problem. They've not only bred laziness, they stop any good songs from going around the ground. Every song turns into "clap clap clap" speeding up and it just sounds crap. It's why I've never been in favour.

I agree I can't stand the clappers but was having a conversation with one of the dads at my son's football match. He's not a football fan so has taken his son to several matches at different teams when they've lived in other parts of the country and he wasn't interested. They then took him to Leicester and he loved it and now he wants to go all of the time because he gets the free clapper. Obviously works in catering to the new supporters possibly to the detriment of the old supporters.

One thing that I've said multiple times is that we have a missing generation of vocal fans, when you see Man United, Leeds, Liverpool and Chelsea's away ends blokes between 30-50 make up the majority and most of them sing, our away ends (I'd hazard a guess and say our home support too) is significantly older. Legitimately we must have the highest % of pensioners in our away ends in the top flight. Obviously everybody is entitled to support the club and call me a dickhead all you like but away ends should be stood up and vocal; ours aren't.

Once more I don't care if you disagree, so do not reply saying "I'm old and I've supported the club before you were born sonny jim, you weren't there in the Pleat years blah blah, I bought a ticket, a three course meal for all my mates and the whole train for £1.75 in 1963 so don't you dare complain."

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Stadt said:

One thing that I've said multiple times is that we have a missing generation of vocal fans, when you see Man United, Leeds, Liverpool and Chelsea's away ends blokes between 30-50 make up the majority and most of them sing, our away ends (I'd hazard a guess and say our home support too) is significantly older. Legitimately we must have the highest % of pensioners in our away ends in the top flight. Obviously everybody is entitled to support the club and call me a dickhead all you like but away ends should be stood up and vocal; ours aren't.

Once more I don't care if you disagree, so do not reply saying "I'm old and I've supported the club before you were born sonny jim, you weren't there in the Pleat years blah blah, I bought a ticket, a three course meal for all my mates and the whole train for £1.75 in 1963 so don't you dare complain."

Yeah - I'm kind of struck by our fans' age & placidity. I'm one of the old guard - ex-Koppite from the 60s onwards. Kind of agree there's a missing demographic. Our crowd seems to have aged/gentrified more than many. Kind of similar to a Tigers crowd these days. Odd...

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Stoopid said:

Yeah - I'm kind of struck by our fans' age & placidity. I'm one of the old guard - ex-Koppite from the 60s onwards. Kind of agree there's a missing demographic. Our crowd seems to have aged/gentrified more than many. Kind of similar to a Tigers crowd these days. Odd...

Spot on, but what's more frustrating is that we have got it in us at times

15 hours ago, Stadt said:

Spot on, but what's more frustrating is that we have got it in us at times

Maybe something to do with ticketing arrangements etc. And cost. The Blue Army seems to turning into The Blue Rinse Army...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

UFS need to move to the middle of the South stand for any hope of their songs spreading. You really get a false impression up in that corner of what the rest of the ground can hear.

From an acoustic/atmosphere point of view that corner is the worst possible place they could be.

This is not a critcism of UFS btw, I like what they are trying to do.

Edited by Vestan Pance
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

UFS need to move to the middle of the South stand for any hope of their songs spreading. You really get a false impression up in that corner of what the rest of the ground can hear.

From an acoustic/atmosphere point of view that corner is the worst possible place they could be.

Interesting. I like what they are doing. Some brilliant lads and ladies involved. They've done wonders with tifos and trying to help with the atmosphere so far. 

56 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

The issue is the space, it's been suggested but the club are never very accommodating of ideas to improve the atmosphere - see their stance on safe standing as an example.

Is there any way in arranging away ends in particular to get people grouped together in the right area?

All the good ends I can think of in recent years (excluding Brugge) has had a big presence at the front near the goal (thinking Stoke when Amartey scored late, Spurs FA cup). 

5 hours ago, Vestan Pance said:

This would make a real difference imo.

I'm in front of UFS, but a little further towards SK2. I hear some (sadly not enough) of our chants picked up in SK2 for a while, but they soon fizzle out. I also hear the occasional strong chant that must have originated from further across the kop, maybe SK3, which gets picked up by us in SK1, but by that time the rest of the kop has fallen silent again.

It's a shame because the sound is so incredible when the whole kop sings as one 

Maybe getting UFS to set up centrally behind the goal would help getting the whole end singing the same chant at the same time.

When I attended the England game at the KP, the England band set up behind the goal, so I don't see why the club would object?