Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
H.a.r.r.y

Support + atmosphere

23 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

UFS have massively outgrown the position they have now.

Moving them would allow them to grow further whilst undoubtably having a positive impact on the atmosphere.

With UFS in the middle, you'd encourage the entire Kop to be up singing, rather than the effect you see in SK1/2 and round a bit into the West stand.

I for one would love that, would be great to be apart of it.

Started off top of L1 where for the first 2 or 3 years it was constant argument with security about standing up. Mates getting banned. Police recording everything with cameras in your faces. Some great memories. Great banter with the away fans. UNTIL that BLOODY DRUM ARRIVED. Destroyed the atmosphere in L1 We had to move. 

Had a little one so moved to the family stand at the top next to the away fans where you could stand and still give the away fans some grief. At times there would be 50 to 100 people standing. Great fun at times. Good banter.

Quietened   down the last two or three seasons after we won the league. So decided to move near UFS just to the right at the top of course so we can stand 

2 home games in... can’t hear the away fans. At most 30 of 40 people singing at any one time UFS... was louder in the family stand in League 1. 

Nobodies fault... it’s just modern football...

Our support is probably the bottom 4 in the premiership. Shame considering our team is in the top 4.

ground was half empty at the final whistle. When are some of our so called supporters going to realise this is as good as it gets.

Credit to any fan group UFS/L1 who are trying to get things going... but a drum, clappers or wearing a baseball cap is not going to do it boys. You have to change a mentality. 

Oh oh by the way if you want fans to join in you have to sing your songs slower. Too bloody fast slow down on the E numbers kids 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, I blame Wellens said:

Started off top of L1 where for the first 2 or 3 years it was constant argument with security about standing up. Mates getting banned. Police recording everything with cameras in your faces. Some great memories. Great banter with the away fans. UNTIL that BLOODY DRUM ARRIVED. Destroyed the atmosphere in L1 We had to move. 

Had a little one so moved to the family stand at the top next to the away fans where you could stand and still give the away fans some grief. At times there would be 50 to 100 people standing. Great fun at times. Good banter.

Quietened   down the last two or three seasons after we won the league. So decided to move near UFS just to the right at the top of course so we can stand 

2 home games in... can’t hear the away fans. At most 30 of 40 people singing at any one time UFS... was louder in the family stand in League 1. 

Nobodies fault... it’s just modern football...

Our support is probably the bottom 4 in the premiership. Shame considering our team is in the top 4.

ground was half empty at the final whistle. When are some of our so called supporters going to realise this is as good as it gets.

Credit to any fan group UFS/L1 who are trying to get things going... but a drum, clappers or wearing a baseball cap is not going to do it boys. You have to change a mentality. 

Oh oh by the way if you want fans to join in you have to sing your songs slower. Too bloody fast slow down on the E numbers kids 

Fair points raised, agree with most of this. There aren't clappers in UFS' immediate vicinity anymore though, asked for them to not be put out. May not be everyone's cup of tea but a drum is needed for most of the songs that are sung. The oldschool ones not as much of course which is why it isn't used for them. 

Not sure why you're bothered about being able to hear the away fans though, being stood in P1 like a lemon while 3000 Villa fans belt out Holte Enders in the Sky doesn't sound attractive to me! 

1 hour ago, Foxin hell said:

Having stood in K1 for over 5 years I can say that the atmosphere after the title winning season was dreadful. Had about 20 lads at most across L and K trying to get things going but the rest were just half arseing it, on their phones or standing in silence. 

Moved over to SK1 halfway through last season and now relocated over there and it’s 10x better. Even if it is only 30-40 lads going for it, it’s 40 like-minded fans giving it their all for 90 minutes and it’s a right laugh.

As fun as it was giving shit to away fans (games like Sheffield Wednesday come to mind) the only way we’re going to improve our home atmosphere is by the club actively trying to change things to get people who want to stand and sing together.

The only way, the club are half arsing it by handing out those clappers that don’t improve the atmosphere at all. Probably to ‘apease’ fans to make it look like they are doing something when In actual fact, they are not.

Edited by Meat and 2 veg
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Meat and 2 veg said:

The only way, the club are half arsing it by handing out those clappers that don’t improve the atmosphere at all. Probably to ‘apease’ fans to make it look like they are doing something when In actual fact, they are not.

The very first game where to clappers were introduced to the King Power was the first match of the great escape (West Ham) Thai people are often very superstitious they probably believe them to be lucky 

10 minutes ago, L Blocker said:

The very first game where to clappers were introduced to the King Power was the first match of the great escape (West Ham) Thai people are often very superstitious they probably believe them to be lucky 

I fully understand for keeping them for the 15/16 and 16/17 but they should have gone after the champions league season imo. they seem to make any sort of atmosphere worse. People don’t want to sing, fine. But when all you can hear is 20,000 clappers being clapped (no singing, just the clappers being clapped) it sounds so fake. 

The only way to improve the atmosphere is to get like minded people together.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Meat and 2 veg said:

I fully understand for keeping them for the 15/16 and 16/17 but they should have gone after the champions league season imo. they seem to make any sort of atmosphere worse. People don’t want to sing, fine. But when all you can hear is 20,000 clappers being clapped (no singing, just the clappers being clapped) it sounds so fake. 

The only way to improve the atmosphere is to get like minded people together.

And even then, only to Uptown Funk, Hey Jude or Underdog.

Yes we have quite a sad state of affairs at the stadium ATM.

Denounced on various forums as being plastic because of the fake atmosphere generated by the clappers.

Relatively few who want to participate in creating an atmosphere, and the ones that are aren't in a good position in the ground o make a big difference.

So many clubs now have allowed fans to move to large areas of the ground to create an atmosphere yet either we don't have the numbers to persuade the club or haven't actually asked.

Maybe the expansion will bring a change, but I feel unless the fans are actively seeking the change and are doing it with large numbers nothing will change.

29 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Was it?

The very first time I think was when we played Watford at home, when Chalobah scored his belter goal, and then again a couple of weeks later when we had them in the play-offs. Then we brought them back for that West Ham game and they've been here ever since.

Made my feelings on them pretty clear but can't see them going any time soon. It's become almost part of the ritual for many, almost like a memo for each game. Still think they need to go though. They just sound so crap.

53 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

The very first time I think was when we played Watford at home, when Chalobah scored his belter goal, and then again a couple of weeks later when we had them in the play-offs. Then we brought them back for that West Ham game and they've been here ever since.

Made my feelings on them pretty clear but can't see them going any time soon. It's become almost part of the ritual for many, almost like a memo for each game. Still think they need to go though. They just sound so crap.

Glad it wasn't just me :)

1 hour ago, purpleronnie said:

Yes we have quite a sad state of affairs at the stadium ATM.

Denounced on various forums as being plastic because of the fake atmosphere generated by the clappers.

Relatively few who want to participate in creating an atmosphere, and the ones that are aren't in a good position in the ground o make a big difference.

So many clubs now have allowed fans to move to large areas of the ground to create an atmosphere yet either we don't have the numbers to persuade the club or haven't actually asked.

Maybe the expansion will bring a change, but I feel unless the fans are actively seeking the change and are doing it with large numbers nothing will change.

The club are very (overly, imo)

tentative about moving anybody, anywhere.

4 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

As much as they have become stale and irritating, we can't deny it got more people involved and far more noise was created before we started winning games. They did blend it when the crowd were right behind the team but now they've almost taken over.

I have noticed a significant reduction in their usage around my vicinity but don't know about other parts of the ground.  

The game has been changed by the powers, slowly, subtly, and irreversibly. 

It is no longer the game of working people, out for a little entertainment. It's an expensive commodity attended by older, more sedate crowds. 

It's what Scudamore and his cronies wanted. 

Used to stand in K block when we won the league and the atmosphere was alright. Moved to SK1 due to champions league restrictions the following season and the opening game against Arsenal and the champions league nights I think the Union FS boys created some of the best atmospheres I recall. However, this season I’ve started commentating for the club and wow, sitting in that east stand you notice the difference, L1 non existent, Union FS you can see them making noise and you can hear the drum but that’s about it and then all you can hear is the away fans completely drown everyone out. The atmosphere is sadly getting worse and worse in my opinion 

• Like 1