Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
H.a.r.r.y

Support + atmosphere

3 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Plenty moaning, no one doing anything about it. 

You won’t change the away ends no matter how hard you try. Too many go who don’t care about the atmosphere and the attitude on this forum generally reflects it. Just the way it is

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Goober said:

You won’t change the away ends no matter how hard you try. Too many go who don’t care about the atmosphere and the attitude on this forum generally reflects it. Just the way it is

Not really, most on this forum would love a loud away end for 90 minutes. 

You won't get that due to the way football is going these days. 

You also don't get it by consistent moaners calling people who don't want to "embarrassing". I love going and standing/singing for 90, but seeing the posts of some of our fans makes me embarrassed to be associated with them. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Markyblue said:

Why please tell me is anybody bothered about upsetting opposition fans with anything we sing , if it annoys them keep singing it all the more. When we truly become bothered about upsetting opposition fans with a few songs we might as well give up and watch tigers.

You`re missing the point  Marky, I have no issue with upsetting opposing fans BUT I do get somewhat embarrassed at singing ""you`ll never sing that" to teams that have in fact been champions of England many many times, however VERY few teams can sing Premier League Champions and we are one of them !!!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Not really, most on this forum would love a loud away end for 90 minutes. 

You won't get that due to the way football is going these days. 

You also don't get it by consistent moaners calling people who don't want to "embarrassing". I love going and standing/singing for 90, but seeing the posts of some of our fans makes me embarrassed to be associated with them. 

In my time on here I’ve found a lot of posters on here are happy to go and sit and let others sing and create atmosphere at away games. I don’t blame them for their preference, they pay for the ticket, make the effort to travel so it’s completely their right to do as they wish.

Doesn’t change the fact that it makes our away ends crap. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Goober said:

In my time on here I’ve found a lot of posters on here are happy to go and sit and let others sing and create atmosphere at away games. I don’t blame them for their preference, they pay for the ticket, make the effort to travel so it’s completely their right to do as they wish.

Doesn’t change the fact that it makes our away ends crap. 

A lot of posters probably do like to sit and enjoy the game, but a lot also like to stand and sing for the lads.

Crap away end is highly personal preference. We fill our ends most games, to me that takes us away from crap. 

As I said, i'd love a loud away end; but the way many are trying to go about it is more embarrassing than a fan sitting supporting their team will ever be.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Our away ends tend to have a core following of 'older' support, plenty of women and kids. Was next to the geordies last Friday and it was proper lads in there hence the noise. 

Not sure how that will change, affluent County and we attract a real mix of age etc... 

Think that also highlights what a good job the club do in regards to making it a fully inclusive place to be. 

Downside is atmosphere can then become slightly pedestrian....

Yeh.

I see some away ends on TV like Man United and it's 99% young and middle aged blokes. 

We seem to have a high number of older people and children who want to sit down. 

1 hour ago, purpleronnie said:

We should embrace how terrible our support is.  A bit like millwall's 'no-one likes us and we don't care.....maybe we could have  'no-one can hear us, and we don't care'.

from what im reading this is what we did yesterday :)

33 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Yeh.

I see some away ends on TV like Man United and it's 99% young and middle aged blokes. 

We seem to have a high number of older people and children who want to sit down. 

Our away ends in the 90s had way more young and middle aged blokes on terraces which produced more vocal away ends.

Back in the 90s we had some cracking away support but the demographic of away supporters has changed drastically in the last three decades.

If you want a vocal away end I would suggest following Coalville to Bedworth on Easter Monday.

6 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

Our away ends in the 90s had way more young and middle aged blokes on terraces which produced more vocal away ends.

Back in the 90s we had some cracking away support but the demographic of away supporters has changed drastically in the last three decades.

If you want a vocal away end I would suggest following Coalville to Bedworth on Easter Monday.

The way the league has been shifted from the die-hard fans to more causal followings is due to the money and showbiz brought to the league. 

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

The way the league has been shifted from the die-hard fans to more causal followings is due to the money and showbiz brought to the league. 

I fully understand the reasons why and some aspects of modern football are a positive. Lack of thugs makes it family-friendly but with that the edge that existed on match day has been lost and with it a lot of the passion and noise in the stand.

Also, most modern football stadia have deafeningly loud PA systems that make it almost impossible to rouse an atmosphere pre-match. At Filbert Street I used to get in to the ground a good 45 minutes to savour and help build an atmosphere, now I get to the KP as near to KO as possible.

6 hours ago, I blame Wellens said:

Our support has always been average at best. Never the worst though until very recently when we can safely say our home and away  support is the worst in the league by quite some distance. We have no songs at all, which doesn’t help. Newcastle home was just embarrassing. A real shame as this is our greatest era on the field. I remember the time when L block never stoppped signing before that big idiot with the drum came along. 

However ask me what would I rather have... winning the league and no atmosphere for the following ten years... I’d take it. 

our home support is not as bad as West Ham's

Was in the hospitality area overlooking our fans. Were there in big numbers. The football didn't exactly set anyone alight and the view must have been a joke by modern standards? Parts of the support were quite lively. Can only assume people are judging things from their more insular experience. Don't be so hard on your fellow fans just to score brownie points in the *better fan than you* award. . They should be given medals for watching 90 minutes in that excuse for a football ground.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Spudulike said:

I didn't go but I caught a clip on Twitter of City fans in the upper tier making hell of a racket, blue smoke bomb, the lot. Was that yesterday ??

I'd say a good 70% of the upper tier stood, chunks were sat. Even though they stood, not many chants were being sung and when they did they weren't loud 

3 hours ago, TK95 said:

Anyone at the West Ham game know what was going on with one of their female fans and us?

Heard a lot of Gemma Collins and does she take it up the a*** chants, but was too far on the other side to see what was going on! 

She was giving it the big-un and acting hard in front of her boyfriend - She soon regretted it

The West Ham away end was terrible but it's not an example we should use to completely discredit out fanbase. It's an awful ground, with practically 2 away ends in 1 miles away from each other and no great places to drink near the ground (other than central London and travel in)

If our away ends were organised/got lucky there's always potential. We've had good ends and will again, people like UFS getting similar people together just needs to work a couple of times and people will get on board even those sitting. The club do need to help though with a consistent sitting base just indicate where they could go, e.g. front rows of a top tier in split ends.

• Like 1

We’ve had some wonderful atmospheres in recent years but a combination of Puel and mid table nothingness hasn’t helped this year. I do think we need to expand the stadium because most fans are now season ticket holders and season tickets are expensive and out of reach for many young men. Another 10k would ensure more younger fans and a better atmosphere. Most of the sterile atmospheres at premier league grounds like Arsenal or Man Utd are for this reason.