Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
H.a.r.r.y

Support + atmosphere

17 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

No sterotype comments there then or hypocrisy. 

Nah not a stereotype when it’s a fact the person they sang about called niqabi women “letterboxes”, if they can support that I doubt they will be up in arms against those chants 

• Like 1

Guest Markyblue
Just now, OadbyBlue said:

Nah not a stereotype when it’s a fact the person they sang about called niqabi women “letterboxes”, if they can support that I doubt they will be up in arms against those chants 

Grow up.

8 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

I mean, I'm not a big fan of the chant, but why has there been this sudden explosion of rage about a chant that's been sung, by my understanding, for years and years. Seems weird timing.

Could it be because Everton lost on penalties and are trying to deflect their loss onto something?

There have been articles and things said in the past few years, quite a social media storm last season when Wolves and Man Utd/City were singing similar to Liverpool/Everton despite there being more people in poverty in Manchester and Wolverhampton than in Liverpool.

With the growing number of homeless, children in poverty, food bank usage etc it's just not very nice taste? 

Also, I note that a lot of it comes from those who often say 'Keep Politics out of Football'. Well this very much isn't that. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

be arsed even trying to properly reply to this. 

I thought the Feed The Scousers chant was pure cringe and embarrassing last night. Let's face it - Leicester is hardly the most affluent of cities and it's a crying shame that we're happy in chanting about the poverty that's experienced in another town!! 

Worse still was the crowd near to me who thought it funny to sing 'Is this a foodbank' to the tune of 'is this a library'. Foodbanks - places where people go to get food when they can't afford to buy food in other places - pretty decent places set up because people care.. Not sure why we feel comfortable turning that into a chant of abuse... And my main bugbear about it is that it doesn't scan either!!! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Everton booed Muzzy Izzet because of his Turkish heritage at filbert street and sang offensive songs about our large asain population. 

I know it was a different era but fuch them and their faux outrage.

Agreed as a collective they really are a bunch of Divvy Tw*ts - Leicester remained labour in the election - If they can't take a bit of Christmas banter then they can do one. 

6 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

There have been articles and things said in the past few years, quite a social media storm last season when Wolves and Man Utd/City were singing similar to Liverpool/Everton despite there being more people in poverty in Manchester and Wolverhampton than in Liverpool.

With the growing number of homeless, children in poverty, food bank usage etc it's just not very nice taste? 

Also, I note that a lot of it comes from those who often say 'Keep Politics out of Football'. Well this very much isn't that. 

Agreed - though expecting football fans in general to move with the times is a pretty vain hope.

These same old tired stereotypes have been doing the rounds for at least 40 years to my knowledge. 

Depressing as hell, but the default position seems to be to recycle whatever the most obvious brainless cliché about each place happens to be.

You'd think people would be embarrassed by spouting 'insults' that only the terminally thick and uninformed would find funny - but there it is...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stoopid said:

Agreed - though expecting football fans in general to move with the times is a pretty vain hope.

These same old tired stereotypes have been doing the rounds for at least 40 years to my knowledge. 

Depressing as hell, but the default position seems to be to recycle whatever the most obvious brainless cliché about each place happens to be.

You'd think people would be embarrassed by spouting 'insults' that only the terminally thick and uninformed would find funny - but there it is...

I think it's possible you're taking some fairly mild chants a bit too seriously.

Just now, The Horse's Mouth said:

As a labour voter and someone who would never vote Tory I'd have happily joined in, footie is about winding fans up, if we're getting to the point where people are getting sensitive about what's sung on the terraces the game has gone. The Liverpool clubs shouldn't be so connected to a political affiliation, it's an easy thing to pick on and wind them up on, is it a serious issue in question? Of course, but you dont turn  up to football to have a civilised political debate. 

that's sound and understandable, even if i think it should be the other way and people should be able to understand the difference between football rivalry and politics. as in it's not really the time or place for "feed the scousers" when there's more foodbanks up and down the country than there is fu cking restaurants. it's not a "scouse" issue, it's a working class issue and football has always been for the working class. get yourself down the rugby if you want to strut around having a good old chuckle about the fact there are poor people in the country. 

as for "who cares the whole point is about winding other fans up". yeah. where is that line drawn? like i said some of the longest threads in the history of this forum have been about other fans mocking the multiculturalism of leicester. not really any different to mocking incorrect and possibly hurtful stereotypes about liverpool or brighton or anywhere else tbh. 

just banter though. i guess. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

I think it's possible you're taking some fairly mild chants a bit too seriously.

Well, who knows?

I just find stupidity depressing I suppose, and thought I'd stick my oar in about it.

Won't be losing any sleep over it - just expressing an opinion.

I'm all for goading opposition fans, and yes it's only football, but I'm still not overly comfortable with songs about poverty when over a quarter of the population of children in Liverpool are in poverty. Makes us look a little like a bunch of private school tossers. Yes some of their fans are 'perennially the victim' and bitter because they've lost to us in sh*tty ways twice within a few weeks, but it doesn't mean that they don't have a point. 

The 'you used to be English, you're not anymore' chant from Forest a few years back is hardly the most offensive song in the world and could easily be declared 'banter' but this forum and our fan-base as a whole threw every remaining toy out the pram when that happened. 

Anyway, as @Stoopid says, outside of this thread I couldn't really care less. And, as @Voll Blau says, it's also just a boring song. One that belongs in the past for more than one reason. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

that's sound and understandable, even if i think it should be the other way and people should be able to understand the difference between football rivalry and politics. as in it's not really the time or place for "feed the scousers" when there's more foodbanks up and down the country than there is fu cking restaurants. it's not a "scouse" issue, it's a working class issue and football has always been for the working class. get yourself down the rugby if you want to strut around having a good old chuckle about the fact there are poor people in the country. 

as for "who cares the whole point is about winding other fans up". yeah. where is that line drawn? like i said some of the longest threads in the history of this forum have been about other fans mocking the multiculturalism of leicester. not really any different to mocking incorrect and possibly hurtful stereotypes about liverpool or brighton or anywhere else tbh. 

just banter though. i guess. 

Yeah that's fair enough, it's tough to draw the line and you're right it is somewhat of a double standard between class and race. But for me especially with the liverpool based clubs who do bring politics into football that is low hanging fruit, you cant realistically have it both ways, if you make your club devoted to a left side and particularly the labour party you cant be outraged you get guff over it. I completely agree that the chant is in poor taste but for me all I see is it's a bit of fun, not to be taken seriously, you start blowing these things out of proportion all you'll get is everyone on their arses and Leicester leicester Leicester chants.

• Like 1