Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
H.a.r.r.y

Support + atmosphere

Politics should be left out of football. It's a working class game, we're all working class regardless of who we follow, songs like "sign on" are shit, stereotypical and should be left out.

Ironically whenever I'm in Liverpool, for an away day or just generally, Scousers are the soundest fans I've met.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Yeah quite. No idea what the group doing that think gives them the right to speak on behalf of an entire fanbase.

Anti-racism stuff? Yeah, fine. That's a human issue which can affect anyone. But definitely no need to bring party politics of any colour into football unless it's deeply ingrained in your fanbase's culture.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

yep, as i said in another thread painfully unfunny and a bit weird. 

think my favourite part is that you know for a fact the ones singing stereotypes, the ones laughing along and the ones justifying it with even less funny stereotypes would one million percent be the first ones to cry to anyone who will listen if a set of fans came to our ground and started their "smells like curry" or "town full of asians" stereotypes. 

This 100x. So true.

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

“There was some good mannered debate and not everyone agreed with it - but it is getting people talking about politics which is great.”

No it's not, it's boring and completly revloves around a bunch of highwaymen who spend all day dreaming up ways of spending your money and devising schemes of how to skim their bit off the top. 

On 18/12/2019 at 10:36, Sammy said:

Don't know if posted yet but the limbs in the Kop here are unimaginable from what you see on TV now, and remembering that day this isn't some Mandela effect reaction from fans overhyping how good the atmosphere was on days like this. 

But out of interest does anyone know what this looked like for goals like Albrighton vs Seville, Vardy vs Man United etc? My Man United supporting friend said the Maguire Equaliser a few Christmases ago was one of the biggest home celebrations he'd ever seen next to the away end. Not that 'limbs' means anything for atmosphere but at Watford at home some round me barely made the effort to stand and clap.

Our efforts in league one, championship and certain games in the prem convince me we aren't a lost cause like some clubs

Surely you appreciate the difference between a last minute winner against our closest rivals to essentially win promotion/win the league (and on a bank holiday) and a standard 2-0 home victory against a team we are much better than? 

• Like 1

Good old football chants were designed to wind up the opposing fans as much as possible.   The intention was to mock, denigrate and insult.     So any stereotype would be exagerated and milked for all its worth eg

East Anglia/West Country - carrot crunching worzels.

Merseyside - poverty stricken, eating dead dogs for tea.

Birmingham - thick

Grimsby - smell of fish

Brighton - gay

Blackpool - donkey abusers

Burnley - imbreds

Middlesborugh - smog monsters

etc

Obviously, it's all ridiculous and shouldn't be taken too seriously.

Edited by worth_the_wait