Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
H.a.r.r.y

Support + atmosphere

2 hours ago, turkish14 said:

That was an awesome atmosphere!

but back in league one, just like the championship and now Prem, many atmospheres were crap.

so what’s the link with the better atmospheres?

some games we were underdogs going into the games.

some games we were not underdogs but were 1-2 goals down, before the atmosphere changed.

some games had a lot of attention before, Like the Leeds in league 1, the champions league games, Everton on the day we celebrated winning the league.

so on those 3 examples the atmosphere was brilliant!

I think the games were expected to win, the atmosphere is crap.

likewise when the away support is small, our atmosphere is often shit.

just my views 

Get what you're saying but a song for Ben Marshall got the crowd going every game more then anything does now (even the Vichai song sounded half arsed last time I was at the KP). Ben Marshall..

2 hours ago, Sammy said:

Get what you're saying but a song for Ben Marshall got the crowd going every game more then anything does now (even the Vichai song sounded half arsed last time I was at the KP). Ben Marshall..

Controversial but maybe people getting bored of the same songs, irrespective of the meaning behind them. 

or could just have been because it was Norwich 

A note on Everton's famous atmosphere. It's a myth.

I've said it before when i've watched on Everton games on TV and it's been mentioned about their 'fantastic' atmosphere, it's awful.

On the odd occasion they did get going they were loud, it has the potential to be 'fantastic' perhaps it was back in the day and I know they havn't got a lot to shout about atm but i've never really known it rocking at Goodison (based on TV) but the stadium is perfect for a raucous atmosphere.

It probably says alot about the modern game/fan - I think atmosphere's are dead or dying in general.

*Ours is good from time to time, generally quite flat, but I don't make the claims people do about Goodison Park's.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Matt said:

I've said it before when i've watched on Everton games on TV and it's been mentioned about their 'fantastic' atmosphere, it's awful.

On the odd occasion they did get going they were loud, it has the potential to be 'fantastic' perhaps it was back in the day and I know they havn't got a lot to shout about atm but i've never really known it rocking at Goodison (based on TV) but the stadium is perfect for a raucous atmosphere.

It probably says alot about the modern game/fan - I think atmosphere's are dead or dying in general.

*Ours is good from time to time, generally quite flat, but I don't make the claims people do about Goodison Park's.

But you must be wrong, because the commentator says so. 

35 minutes ago, Matt said:

When I went Everton in the cup a few years ago I thought it was dreadful, bar one guy in his speedos who tried to get the crowd going all game lol  To be fair a lot of famous atmospheres are dreadful. 

2 hours ago, Matt said:

I literally don't know anyone who rates their atmosphere. Where are you getting that from?

9 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

I literally don't know anyone who rates their atmosphere. Where are you getting that from?

It's something Sky and their commentary would have you to believe, Everton and Liverpool such loud, passionate, hardcore Scouse fanbases....

But as I said the stadium has massive potential to hold an amazing atmosphere, such a waste.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 2

There are quite a few Everton fans on twitter etc moaning bitterly about our fans last night, calling us "Tory scum" and similar. Apparently it's because we sang "Feed the scousers" and some other song about their benefits. They're not happy at all :o

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

There are quite a few Everton fans on twitter etc moaning bitterly about our fans last night, calling us "Tory scum" and similar. Apparently it's because we sang "Feed the scousers" and some other song about their benefits. They're not happy at all :o

Against Norwich we had a handful of fans singing 'One Boris Johnson' so that may have been sung again... ?

10 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Moaning scousers? That's pretty hard to believe, innit?

Politically ignorant though - Leicester's probably the least Tory town left in England. (Zero Tory Councillors & zero Tory MPs).

1 hour ago, Houdini Logic said:

Against Norwich we had a handful of fans singing 'One Boris Johnson' so that may have been sung again... ?

Christ on a fvcking bike.

As for Everton. Yeah it's not great from us, but their fans are notorious for calling anyone who isn't them on Twitter a Tory.

43 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

yep, as i said in another thread painfully unfunny and a bit weird. 

think my favourite part is that you know for a fact the ones singing stereotypes, the ones laughing along and the ones justifying it with even less funny stereotypes would one million percent be the first ones to cry to anyone who will listen if a set of fans came to our ground and started their "smells like curry" or "town full of asians" stereotypes. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

think my favourite part is that you know for a fact the ones singing stereotypes, the ones laughing along and the ones justifying it with even less funny stereotypes would one million percent be the first ones to cry to anyone who will listen if a set of fans came to our ground and started their "smells like curry" or "town full of asians" stereotypes. 

Nah most of the people who sing “one Boris Johnson” would laugh along with that I bet

• Like 2

Guest Markyblue
3 minutes ago, OadbyBlue said:

Nah most of the people who sing “one Boris Johnson” would laugh along with that I bet

No sterotype comments there then or hypocrisy. 

People getting in a flap about a few songs at the football should take a look at themselves. What do they expect?

Maybe they could go shopping instead, or watch a snooker match where it's nice and quiet?

If Everton really want to take the moral high ground they could also look closer to home at their quite recent and vocal racist element within their own support...

2 hours ago, Mapperleyfox said:

People getting in a flap about a few songs at the football should take a look at themselves. What do they expect?

Maybe they could go shopping instead, or watch a snooker match where it's nice and quiet?

If Everton really want to take the moral high ground they could also look closer to home at their quite recent and vocal racist element within their own support...

Edited by David Guiza

Was in among the Stone Island gang last night in the away end. Absolutely could not give a toss about making any atmosphere, it's almost like they were embarrassed or would be their street cred ruined if they made any noise.

Oh, that was until we scored and then they were running to the home fans, celebrating to them and not the players.

Painful.

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

I dunno. I think "Feed the scousers" falls within the realms of acceptable banter and is quite funny. I wouldn't put it in the same category as racist chanting.

Edited by ClaphamFox

42 minutes ago, ThurmastonFox said:

No Everton atmosphere but also no view of the ball above head height or the goal at the other end (not that it mattered as all the goals and penalties were at our end)

4B1A29DA-BC73-41D9-840D-3584B956FCDE.jpeg

First visit? It’s not the greatest in the lower block in places. Went for the upper tier last night and definitely preferred it.

4 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

I dunno. I think "Feed the scousers" falls within the realms of acceptable banter and is quite funny. I wouldn't put it in the same category as racist chanting.

be arsed even trying to properly reply to this. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1