Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
H.a.r.r.y

Support + atmosphere

4 hours ago, David Guiza said:

In the past two years, unemployment in Leicester has fallen by 1.1 per cent, from 6.3 per cent to 5.2 per cent

In the 2019 March quarter, the unemployment rate in Liverpool City was 5.02%

:ph34r:

This is my view- isn't it just a bit outdated now? Enough of the country is struggling- I mean, Union FS set up their own Foodbank collection back in January to help local people in Leicester- to make the song lose it's supposed edge.

And Everton fans are no angels, it isn't a defence of them in any way, I just think songs about poverty and politics aren't needed in football grounds, as others have put very well before.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

As a labour voter and someone who would never vote Tory I'd have happily joined in, footie is about winding fans up, if we're getting to the point where people are getting sensitive about what's sung on the terraces the game has gone. The Liverpool clubs shouldn't be so connected to a political affiliation, it's an easy thing to pick on and wind them up on, is it a serious issue in question? Of course, but you dont turn  up to football to have a civilised political debate. 

Couldn't agree more. Nobody will sing it to Man City Saturday either even though as the Everton fans correctly point out, they have their own problems - it's just how easily Everton and Liverpool fans seem to bite at everything. There's an obvious cycle here 

7 hours ago, ealingfox said:

We could probably cook up some homeless banter for Saturday - that's the problem in Manchester now isn't it?

Feel free at least it will be a break from them singing the stabbed him in the back song, without a hint of irony that man city owners did the same to Pellegrini 

18 hours ago, lildave3 said:

Surely you appreciate the difference between a last minute winner against our closest rivals to essentially win promotion/win the league (and on a bank holiday) and a standard 2-0 home victory against a team we are much better than? 

That was the entire point of my post - I was saying there must have been many games since that must have produced something similar but TV angles/no videos like this have not shown them

2 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

How was it yesterday?

Not good imo. I was bottom tier as usual at Man City.  I read someone on twitter saying "top tier was trying to sing and bottom tier was silent" but tbh I couldn't hear anything.

Worse thing was when people starting with "your support is fvcking shit", and granted it is, but we are no better.

On the other hand the best thing about it was when we scored, celebrations where I was were ok.

Edited by Fox92

2 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

How was it yesterday?

Absolutely wank on every level

I was top tier and the area was 99% blokes standing and yet they stood there and offered **** all. 

A palpable feeling of can't be ****ing bothered hung over the whole lot of them. 

• Like 1

So many fans moaning about the lack of atmosphere. The club has an aged fan base there is very little opportunity of younger fans getting tickets.The away tickets always sell out I do not go away but photographs I see are always of loads of kids or pensioners. Neither is conducive to a lively atmosphere. It ain’t going to change soon , get used to it and stop constantly moaning

15 minutes ago, Winsum said:

So many fans moaning about the lack of atmosphere. The club has an aged fan base there is very little opportunity of younger fans getting tickets.The away tickets always sell out I do not go away but photographs I see are always of loads of kids or pensioners. Neither is conducive to a lively atmosphere. It ain’t going to change soon , get used to it and stop constantly moaning

Any fuchsing excuse 

Doesn't help with Clubs ripping your ear drums out for 15 minutes before every game on the PA. You have to shout to the person next to you just to be heard. It's an atmosphere killer unless they play songs that the crowd can sing along to. Was the worst racket I've heard for a long time at Man City yesterday.

It is not an excuse it is a fact.There are fans in SK1 , SK4 and L1  who sing. There are not enough in each section

To be noticed. On many occasions they all sing different songs at the same time. The away section can have around 

3,000 fans all singing together, even Norwich were more effective a couple of weeks ago. It ain’t going to change any time soon

1 minute ago, JMenzfeld said:

Away atmosphere yesterday was the worst I've ever experienced. If you can't make noise for a Saturday 5:30, 2nd vs 3rd game then what's the point in actually going to game?

Some (maybe most) aren't interested in making noise they're there to watch the match, nothing wrong with that.

• Like 1