Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
H.a.r.r.y

Support + atmosphere

11 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

I think when the new stand gets built the club will be able to solve a few problems because I doubt they sell it out which will allow the club to sell match day tickets, they can then afford to reduce the price of a single match day  ticket and that will allow younger fans to be able to afford to go. 

When the King Power Stadium was built, the Kop was earmarked as where the atmosphere should be and it was also marked the cheapest. 

In reality people sit in the Kop because it’s the cheapest, not because of the atmosphere. The same would happen upon the extension. 

1 minute ago, Corky said:

It is such a shame unreserved seating doesn't happen, I've been to Barnsley several times and it worked perfectly.

Problem is that unreserved areas have to be filled at some percentage of their actual capacity. 

Easy bloody answer - is to suggest what blocks are aimed for differing portions of our support. One block for noise, one block for sitters. Even easier to steward that way 

3 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

The biggest problem is the fact that every type of fan is mixed in together. If they had dedicated "singing/standing" sections and then a family section or seated/quiet section, whatever. Then it would work a lot better. Even away games, the club can dedicate block x to singing and block y to family. Make sure this is announced in advance. Then there is little excuse for fans not wanting to stand/sing if they are in that dedicated section or vice versa.

I agree with comments on here that everyone can watch a game as they please. However, I would still expect at least 50% of the crowd to make noise and get behind the team. I feel that this is part of the reason fans support their team on the road (and at home for that matter). Being happy with 90 minutes of no singing is strange in my eyes, at least as a majority view of a 3,000 or so crowd.

I think you rightly identify the problem that the people who are likely to sing are often spread out. Much better if those fans are concentrated in one area.

Difficult for us to organise ourselves, though not impossible I would add. The club could assist by designating an area as you suggest.

52 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Runs the supporters club. For years the club have been happy to co-ordinate tickets of people who travel together in this manner. We are talking a group of 50 to 100 people. 

So the club can very, very easily do something similar for those to who want to create a noise. 

But actively choose not to and deny requests to do so 

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Runs the supporters club. For years the club have been happy to co-ordinate tickets of people who travel together in this manner. We are talking a group of 50 to 100 people. 

So the club can very, very easily do something similar for those to who want to create a noise. 

Maybe we should start the trivago foxes away support alliance. Sign up 100 and demand cliffs deal

Edited by foxinsocks

A combination of the Plastic fans and Mr Puel have taken there toll on the club. Think after the title winning season it was expected to have a much more mediocre atmosphere for a season or two. But by now it should of been back to its best if it hadn't been for the shambles mediocre performances under CP. hopefully we'll see us back to our best under Rodgers next season 

I don't doubt the numbers we take, it's just the noise that is shocking. Doesn't help we don't have any good songs though. Even at home games the majority of people join in with that Vichai had a dream song and that's it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

I don't doubt the numbers we take, it's just the noise that is shocking. Doesn't help we don't have any good songs though. Even at home games the majority of people join in with that Vichai had a dream song and that's it.

http://www.unionfs.co.uk/songbook.html

Come on man you can't say looking at the above that we have no 'good' songs.

21 minutes ago, baker11 said:

http://www.unionfs.co.uk/songbook.html

Come on man you can't say looking at the above that we have no 'good' songs.

Oh yeah I’m not doubting you lot have some good ones but my point is not that many seem to join in. Even When You’re Smiling never gets a good airing. There’s always a song that absolutely everyone seems to join in with which seems to be the one I mentioned.  

20 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

*Adds "away end is a funny shape" to list of excuses*

I was in the lower 'tier' (if you can call it that) on Saturday.

Looked behind me and could see Leicester fans clapping and jumping about but couldn't hear them (at the top, everyone lower down was sitting down tbf). Looked to my left and could see West Ham fans clapping and jumping about but couldn't hear them.

Fact is that stadium has absolutely diabolical acoustics. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Every song that is brought in these days is from some Greek side from the 3rd tier that only really works when 3k people know the words and someone bangs a drum in tune along with them.

Other than Sloop John B, we don't sing anything to a tune that most people know anymore.

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Looked behind me and could see Leicester fans clapping and jumping about but couldn't hear them (at the top, everyone lower down was sitting down tbf). Looked to my left and could see West Ham fans clapping and jumping about but couldn't hear them.

I was in there last season, and yeah it's not perfect. But it wouldn't be an issue if everyone who did want to sing was in the same part of the end, and it doesn't seem to be an issue when clubs who have a larger proportion of away fans who want to sing do go to that ground. Sadly we don't have that. I'm not saying the way that ground's laid out isn't a factor, but it's just another excuse that people want to use instead of just being honest and admitting a large section of our away following don't want to sing for whatever reason.

Edited by Voll Blau

35 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

lol

That's the lamest excuse of the lot. People have forgotten how to open their gobs at a football match because of a man who's no longer our manager? Absolutely pathetic. Look at some of the shit the likes of Newcastle, Leeds, Villa, Sheffield Wednesday etc have to watch some of the time, and they still turn out consistently vocal away ends whatever division they're in. We're just a fanbase full of excuse-makers desperate to blame anyone but ourselves for the fact we can't be arsed to back our own team these days.

It's always someone else's fault.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Foxes1 said:

Problem is that it's not only the older fans that don't get behind the team if that's what people think. The younger lads are just as bad you go in a pub before the game and everyone is singing the songs / chants etc but as soon as they get in the ground they shut up, then you go in the concourse at half-time the chanting starts again but as soon as they get back to their seats some of them become dumb mutes. The time to get behind the team is in the ground not the pub / concourse.

This does happen and it is quite weird.

21 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I was about 6/7 rows back in the front portion and I reckon I was a good 100 yards from the back of the top tier where I could see lads giving it a good go. 

I hope when we expand the ground we separate the away fans like that as it killed what little chance we had of getting anything going. 

Edited by Sol thewall Bamba

27 minutes ago, Foxes1 said:

Problem is that it's not only the older fans that don't get behind the team if that's what people think. The younger lads are just as bad you go in a pub before the game and everyone is singing the songs / chants etc but as soon as they get in the ground they shut up, then you go in the concourse at half-time the chanting starts again but as soon as they get back to their seats some of them become dumb mutes. The time to get behind the team is in the ground not the pub / concourse.

Yeah spot on, I don't know if these 'lads' just don't have the balls to open their gobs in the stand where the home fans can see them or what, but it is an absolutely baffling situation. 

40 minutes ago, Foxes1 said:

Yep no doubting that. Normally where some of the most awful criticism comes from as well 

2 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

lol

That's the lamest excuse of the lot. People have forgotten how to open their gobs at a football match because of a man who's no longer our manager? Absolutely pathetic. Look at some of the shit the likes of Newcastle, Leeds, Villa, Sheffield Wednesday etc have to watch some of the time, and they still turn out consistently vocal away ends whatever division they're in. We're just a fanbase full of excuse-makers desperate to blame anyone but ourselves for the fact we can't be arsed to back our own team these days.

We've had great success in recent years that has a attracted fans who were supporting the likes of Arsenal, United and Liverpool etc from the armchair of there cosy homes, whiles we were slugging it out in the championship and League one. Don't ever compare us to Leeds, Villa, Sheffield! Leed's last title win was before Phil Mitchell moved to Walford... those clubs don't hold any plastic fans anymore.

1 hour ago, OldBob said:

We've had great success in recent years that has a attracted fans who were supporting the likes of Arsenal, United and Liverpool etc from the armchair of there cosy homes, whiles we were slugging it out in the championship and League one. Don't ever compare us to Leeds, Villa, Sheffield! Leed's last title win was before Phil Mitchell moved to Walford... those clubs don't hold any plastic fans anymore.

So our ends are full of people who actually don't support Leicester, and *that's* why our away support is so bad? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

I don't doubt the *odd* glory hunter has manged to wangle tickets for games they'd no right to be at in recent years, but that doesn't excuse the rest of us.