Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
H.a.r.r.y

Support + atmosphere

On 21/04/2019 at 16:53, l444ry said:

Was in the hospitality area overlooking our fans. Were there in big numbers. The football didn't exactly set anyone alight and the view must have been a joke by modern standards? Parts of the support were quite lively. Can only assume people are judging things from their more insular experience. Don't be so hard on your fellow fans just to score brownie points in the *better fan than you* award. . They should be given medals for watching 90 minutes in that excuse for a football ground.  

Very difficult for everyone to sing in unison and build atmosphere when the away section is split so far apart by a massive pit like it was on Saturday. That stadium as a whole just wasn't conducive to generating noise. The home fans struggled too. What a come down after Upton Park. 

If lcfc split the away section at the KP it would probably have a similar impact? 

2 hours ago, Foxes1 said:

Yes I was there absolutely brilliant night got drenched but who cares

Top 3 away games of my life this one.At least it was relatively mild.I remember what seemed like the whole end chanting to some bloke sat on his own what’s it like to have no mates.Then when he stood up,you fat bastard.To think it was actually the semi final northern section of the Zenith Data Cup ?

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

We seem to travel in numbers...but the proportion of a blue rinse grandma brigade is astonishing. I've never seen another club bring to us (or on TV) the variety sunshine bus that a good 500 of our fans must rock up in.

Plus, I've noticed a decent chunk of the young uns go as a loved up couple, in matching shirts.

(The idea of me taking a bird is,frankly, unpalatable. Yes, I accept it's uncool to admit that, but there we go)

With that sort of demographic, we are never going to be the noisiest bunch.

You've forgotten to add the 500+ lads that are out on the piss that also make absolutely no.noise in the ground.

Also the large chunk of geezers that apparently used to rip up away terraces in the 80's that make absolutely no noise.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

This. 

I've seen a number of West Ham fans say that we were the worst set of away fans to visit their ground this year. Every set of visiting fans is given the same away section. Selling out is one thing (3,000 isn't that difficult), but passively sitting and collecting whatever flag, scarf, clapper or hat that Leicester have given away this week is another. 

West Ham is a shit away day now, but we can't blame the stadium, overpriced beer, Puel or shit football anymore. The hardcore support has been diluted with day trippers and their A4 "Maddison can I have your shirt" signs. Honestly, we just need more bastards in the away end.

100% this, United and Leeds away ends are proper. 

• Thanks 2

On 22/04/2019 at 12:11, yorkie1999 said:

Sign of the times, I’d ban mobile phones and make drinking beer compulsory, after all it is the problem and the solution to all the worlds troubles

Spot on mate, plus to get into the ground you must down a pint in 5 seconds. Will cut the men from the boys then proper fans will be in the ground

22 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

The biggest problem is the fact that every type of fan is mixed in together. If they had dedicated "singing/standing" sections and then a family section or seated/quiet section, whatever. Then it would work a lot better. Even away games, the club can dedicate block x to singing and block y to family. Make sure this is announced in advance. Then there is little excuse for fans not wanting to stand/sing if they are in that dedicated section or vice versa.

I agree with comments on here that everyone can watch a game as they please. However, I would still expect at least 50% of the crowd to make noise and get behind the team. I feel that this is part of the reason fans support their team on the road (and at home for that matter). Being happy with 90 minutes of no singing is strange in my eyes, at least as a majority view of a 3,000 or so crowd.

If the club can give out designated seats to the Ginetta mob then they could 100% help facilitate an atmosphere/singing block.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

The biggest problem is the fact that every type of fan is mixed in together. If they had dedicated "singing/standing" sections and then a family section or seated/quiet section, whatever. Then it would work a lot better. Even away games, the club can dedicate block x to singing and block y to family. Make sure this is announced in advance. Then there is little excuse for fans not wanting to stand/sing if they are in that dedicated section or vice versa.

I agree with comments on here that everyone can watch a game as they please. However, I would still expect at least 50% of the crowd to make noise and get behind the team. I feel that this is part of the reason fans support their team on the road (and at home for that matter). Being happy with 90 minutes of no singing is strange in my eyes, at least as a majority view of a 3,000 or so crowd.

The biggest problem is the fanbase we have!!. I am an st holder in b3.  Most seats are st.  Most holders are old guys. ..like me..at 59 i am a youngster.   Kids in local schools have no chabce of an st or even a matchday ticket.  They can buy lfc shirts for 20 quid in sports direct. . An lcfc shirt with vardy on it costs 50 quid.  The club needs to look at this. Imo 20 and 30 somethings wont commit to 19 home games per season.  Yet the club need a pipeline so thay can manage the age profile.   I would love to know mean age of st hokders for us and other clubs

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

The biggest problem is the fanbase we have!!. I am an st holder in b3.  Most seats are st.  Most holders are old guys. ..like me..at 59 i am a youngster.   Kids in local schools have no chabce of an st or even a matchday ticket.  They can buy lfc shirts for 20 quid in sports direct. . An lcfc shirt with vardy on it costs 50 quid.  The club needs to look at this. Imo 20 and 30 somethings wont commit to 19 home games per season.  Yet the club need a pipeline so thay can manage the age profile.   I would love to know mean age of st hokders for us and other clubs

I totally agree....but an aging home support is not exclusive to us. It's universal.

Only older fans can afford - time and money - to commit to 19 games a season. 

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

I totally agree....but an aging home support is not exclusive to us. It's universal.

Only older fans can afford - time and money - to commit to 19 games a season. 

At an fcc mtg ... susan wheelan was aware of the problem of access to away fans.... but most of the time was spent on the commercial guys trying to run the shop.... ridiculous. .. like a loyalty scheme will be the way to stop me buying a forrest shirt. 

The club needs to manage this issue 

I think when the new stand gets built the club will be able to solve a few problems because I doubt they sell it out which will allow the club to sell match day tickets, they can then afford to reduce the price of a single match day  ticket and that will allow younger fans to be able to afford to go. 

5 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

I think when the new stand gets built the club will be able to solve a few problems because I doubt they sell it out which will allow the club to sell match day tickets, they can then afford to reduce the price of a single match day  ticket and that will allow younger fans to be able to afford to go. 

They could chose to do that in a heartbeat should they wish to.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rn9013 said:

Wow. Some of the distain shown towards other fans who happen to enjoy football in a different way to themselves is worrying. 

I don’t really care how s**t you think our away end is - if being a ‘hardcore fan’ that sings from start to finish means also moaning that many of our fans are ‘too old’ or ‘go with their bird’, then you can count me out. 

Seriously, this isn’t the 80’s. If the only way to create an atmosphere is by banning families, or ‘loved up couples’, or checking ages to ensure only young men attend away games, then I’d rather everyone sat in silence frankly. 

Edit: Just to say, I’m all for efforts to improve atmosphere, but let’s do so through inclusive means rather than just blaming our fellow supporters based on their characteristics.

Problem is that those named stereotypes you mention are those that need to be inclusive. 

I’ve seen fans trying to make noise (sometimes not in the most graceful of manners) admittedly get ‘told off’ by others. 

2 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

What dies ginetta get? Why?

Runs the supporters club. For years the club have been happy to co-ordinate tickets of people who travel together in this manner. We are talking a group of 50 to 100 people. 

So the club can very, very easily do something similar for those to who want to create a noise.