Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tickler28

Crystal Palace (A) 15 Dec Pre Match Thread

Be interesting to see what he does if Maguire is fit- I think we look much better as a defensive unit with Evans in there keeping things organised. Need to find a way of playing them together going forward, I think Evans would be great for the development of Maguire's game.

It will be great to have Vardy back hopefully firing on all cylinders, and Zaha being out for them is excellent news- not just because he's a good player, but Palace will obviously have their dreadful record without him in the back on their minds for the game.

Win this, lift any pressure which might develop in the league with our tough run coming up and then concentrate on the cups.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Devonfox1884 said:

How much do we rotate for the Man City game?

I’d go:

Kasper

Pereira

Morgan

Soyuncu

Chilwell

Ghezzal

Iborra

Ndidi

Gray

Okazaki

Vardy

Then for Man City:

Ward 

Pereira

Evans

Maguire

Chilwell

Albrighton

Ndidi

Mendy

Gray

Maddison

Vardy

Yeah I would say thats pretty close to what I'm expecting. Just worried Puel won't field our best team for our only chance at success this season.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I would argue that Mahrez was not one of our best. For some reason he was pretty bad at pens even though he had the best footballing technique.

Yeah but apart from Fuchs who im not sure was even playing, we haven't got anyone. Maybe Harry.

8 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

No I remember we rotated quite a bit then vardy, gray and Mahrez came off the bench and we were screwing because they were there for the taking if we had started them 

yup, might have had a bit more of a chance if ben hamer wasn't in goal for the shoot out. strange he but out quite a weak side in a QF

On 09/12/2018 at 16:44, Langston said:

Kasper

Maguire    Wes    Evans

Ricardo                                         Chilwell

Ndidi               Mendy

Maddison

Gray     
               Vardy

That looks a good side 

On 09/12/2018 at 16:43, Poznan34 said:

No Zaha or Tomkins for them, Maguire and Vardy back for us. They have won 1 in 11, fans are on the back on Hodgson. 

Away win 

Even more nailed on for a Palace win. 

Kasper 

Ricardo 

Chilwell 

Morgan

Evans 

Mendy

Iborra

Albrighton

Maddison

Gray 

Iheanacho. 

Save Vardy and Maguire for the cup. 

On 09/12/2018 at 18:57, l444ry said:

Just hope Puel picks his strongest team if fit and not use the old  *too many games in a short period of time* mantra which he is so fond of using. Spread everything too thinly and we'll probably fail on all fronts. Just want him to deal with each game as it comes.

Which games should we not bother with then?

On 10/12/2018 at 14:06, pmcla26 said:

No I remember we rotated quite a bit then vardy, gray and Mahrez came off the bench and we were screwing because they were there for the taking if we had started them 

Neither before,not then and as now...there wasnt/isn't a time for taking of Man.city.

Incredible how some fans,lose it themselves when "their own created expectancy"

Doesn't get that required result,then start conspiracy theories of We should of won,and turn it into fact!!

Yeah this is a pretty big game for both sides. With Man City and Chelsea next we need a result. A draw at the very least with a positive performance will do.

Vardy on the bench unless he's 100%, we need him fit for the cup game. I want to see if Iheanacho can play himself into some but his confidence is so shot that we are basically starting a man down. I'd experiment with Gray up top, can't be no worse.

• Like 1