Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tickler28

Crystal Palace (A) 15 Dec Pre Match Thread

It`s the two centre backs that I can`t decide on, I reckon Wes is a far better option alongside Evans than he is with Harry, similar to how well he played with Huth, he`s not great with a CB that gets forward, so if Claude is reluctant to drop Wes for me it has to be Evans with him, not sure how much we`ve seen of Harry and Jonny together but maybe that would be worth a go.

• Like 3

On 12/12/2018 at 19:28, KrefelderFox666 said:

I know a 6-1 at Portsmouth away on a Friday night which was on Sky topped it for me. So maybe Palace was just the second worst I saw.

Although a 2-0 loss at Cov 10+ years ago was also punishment. I'm sure those were the only chances all game too.

I didn go to either  of these but losing 6-1 to ipswich away and the bloke in front sitting down and trapping my septic in growing toenail in his seat will always live on in my memory.

The only silver lining was that i had almost hobbled back to my car before they scored the 6th.

Oh the good old days

14 minutes ago, leicesterseddon said:

Never understood why so many people have such a problem with Fuchs. 

Personally I think he’s one of the best LBs we’ll see at the club. 

...as well as being one of only two players in our squad (the other being Albrighton) who can actually crosss a ball in open play. 

He's slow and old now. Southampton cup game it was obvious how much we were missing Chilwell's forward runs when trying to create chances.

29 minutes ago, leicesterseddon said:

Never understood why so many people have such a problem with Fuchs. 

Personally I think he’s one of the best LBs we’ll see at the club. 

...as well as being one of only two players in our squad (the other being Albrighton) who can actually crosss a ball in open play. 

He’s been past it since the title winning season. People fail to see beyond his off pitch persona. 

1 hour ago, Poznan34 said:

He's slow and old now. Southampton cup game it was obvious how much we were missing Chilwell's forward runs when trying to create chances.

When was Fuchs quick tho? He was slower than his opposing winger in most games since he got here, and he coped.

I'm not saying he isn't slowing down, but he is a pretty decent back up for Gareth Ben Chilwell, imho. 

Remember going on my own to Sousas first game here.

Mate pulled out last minute so couldn't stay at his place in Leicester. Had to get the train from nottingham to get the coach from the ground at about 6am.

Got in my seat. Direct behind a stantion. 3-0 at half time. Pulled a couple of goals back but the realisation that we were incredibly shit was hitting home as I got back on the coach.

Then the coach got stuck on the m25 for 8 hours. Got back into Leicester about 3.30am. Thankfully some lad on the coach let me stay at his.

The way the day had gone, it wouldn't have suprised me if I was heading back to a murderers house. Lived to tell the tale though. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Gazza M said:

From what Puel is saying, I would predict something along the lines of: 

Kasper

Ricardo    Morgan    Maguire   Fuchs

Ndidi    Iborra

Albrighton    Okazaki    Maddison

Iheanacho 

Subs: Ward, Evans, Simpson, Mendy, Gray, Ghezall, Vardy. 

I think it's a good call starting Okazaki with Iheanacho. Both of them are unable to play a lone role forward, but Okazaki's play as the second striker is exactly what Nacho needs to allow him to get into those goal scoring positions. Maddison has shown he can play from the left and drift in centrally when needed. The only problem tomorrow was this was when Chillwell was maurading down the left, and whether Fuchs still has that in him.

Gray isn't producing the goods at the moment, a lot of great runs but zero end result when it comes time for the killer pass or finish. Happy with him dropped to the bench.

On 09/12/2018 at 17:45, StriderHiryu said:

Huge game for us. We absolutely cannot take Palace for granted, they smashed us 8-0 on aggregate last season! They might be in poor form, but if I was a Palace player I would be going into this game in more confident fashion than usual.

I think this is a great point of self reflection for the team, manager and fans. Get beat again and it's hard for even the most optimistic people like me to say "we are making progress!" Get a draw or a win though and there is hope still left to cling onto lol

Based purely on last season I'd go Palace win. They stifled us, outfought and out thought us in both games. They weren't even close! It seems like Hodgson knew the perfect way to setup against us. But of course I have my fingers crossed :fc: that we can beat them. We have the better players than them, and given that Zaha who is their star man is suspended (as is Tomkins who is another good player of theirs) and we have it in our hands.

Puel in, or Puel Out!? Tune in Saturday to find out!

Crikey are there people who are so short on conviction that they haven’t decided in or out by now.

Out - I nailed my colours to that mast in March I think.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Crikey are there people who are so short on conviction that they haven’t decided in or out by now.

Out - I nailed my colours to that mast in March I think.

I think i beat you without checking the dates, i decided to give the new manager a chance before he joined.

Actually it might be a draw then ?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

When was Fuchs quick tho? He was slower than his opposing winger in most games since he got here, and he coped.

I'm not saying he isn't slowing down, but he is a pretty decent back up for Gareth Ben Chilwell, imho. 

No, but he's been caught many times out of position after 2016 and frankly his legs are really gone now. He sure can cross better than any of our full-backs, although Chilwell is certainly improving in this domain.

1 hour ago, jim5000 said:

I think it's a good call starting Okazaki with Iheanacho. Both of them are unable to play a lone role forward, but Okazaki's play as the second striker is exactly what Nacho needs to allow him to get into those goal scoring positions. Maddison has shown he can play from the left and drift in centrally when needed. The only problem tomorrow was this was when Chillwell was maurading down the left, and whether Fuchs still has that in him.

Gray isn't producing the goods at the moment, a lot of great runs but zero end result when it comes time for the killer pass or finish. Happy with him dropped to the bench.

Yes, I was also thinking with Man City coming up with Vardy and Chilwell starting that match if fully fit. Gray probably come in for Nacho or Okazaki in that one too. 

Let's see what Puel does in reality. 

17 hours ago, Devonfox1884 said:

I’d play Maguire/Soyuncu for this one and Wes/Evans vs Man City. Don’t want Harry’s first game back when potentially a little rusty to be against the likes of Aguero and Riyad.  

This might be the best idea for now. That way you have fresh legs at the back, and experience, when it counts the most.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fosse93 said:

Fuchs has got to be one of the best 2nd choice left backs in the league, not worried in the slightest about him starting if Chilwell is out.

He's never been the fastest, if he was he'd be plying his trade at one of the heavyweights.

Don’t agree 

Delph

Davies

kolansic/Montreal 

Moreno

Baines

Emesron 

He was the most taken on full backs the year after we won the league.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Don’t agree 

Delph

Davies

kolansic/Montreal 

Moreno

Baines

Emesron 

He was the most taken on full backs the year after we won the league.

Delph is a fill in LB so doesn’t count.

Moreno is utter utter shite..Fact.

Baines... best years behind him.

Emerson ? Based on a few minutes in the PL ?

Davies is decent

Arsenal pairing....neither convince 

• Haha 1