Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Who do you want January 2019

Just now, the fox said:

The most goals in 2018 (more than Messi and Ronaldo IIRC). 29 goals in 15 games in the league and 13 goals and 3 assists in 12 games in the Asian CL. The man is very, very technically sound. I would say a complete striker. Can't poke holes in his game. He does not have Vardy's pace but he is fast enough. Phisicality is not a problem. 

I had him as my profile pick for sometime now so I don't think I'm very subjective lol but he has great numbers

Aha, just noticed after a quick Google search – sounds risky but I enjoy these kinds of rumours for some strange reason.

Piatek from Genoa in Serie A. He's not really played enough games at the top level to have proven himself, but he's showing qualities of just the kind of striker that we need in the squad. Strong and good in the air, but also no slouch and a great finisher. Only 23, which suits Puel's apparent "youth first" philosophy.

He'd be too much of a risk for a top 6 club, so I wouldn't be surprised to see us (and Everton/West Ham of course) interested in him.

Offers something different to our current attackers, and could be a goal threat from Gray, Chilwell, Albrighton and Ricardo whipping the ball into the box. Only signed for Genoa in the summer, so unlikely to leave until the end of the season, but I'd love to see us linked with this bloke!

• Like 2

I honestly don’t think we’ll sign anyone at all, we’ll just try to offload, but my choices would be one of:

Dominic Solanke

Tammy Abraham

Michy Batshuayi

All should be available in some form (possibly loans with a set price option to buy in the summer)

or maybe these, but looking more towards the future:

Che Adams

Patrick Roberts

May not be to everyone’s taste, but at least they seem genuinely realistic!

(People mentioning Rashford, Loftus-Cheek etc need a reality check!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

These two superb wins against Chelsea and Man City could well mean plans to strengthen the squad are shelved once again. We dont need many immediate additions but a forward would give us a fresh boost, as would bringing Barnes back. 

I hope not we really do need a couple of starters in key positions at some point. I’m all for bringing back Barnes if it’s apparent how he might fit in to the side and get a chance.

3 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

I hope not we really do need a couple of starters in key positions at some point. I’m all for bringing back Barnes if it’s apparent how he might fit in to the side and get a chance.

Where you thinking? LW and CM? Any forward coming in is essentially going to be rotated with Vardy unless they can also play out wide which is the sort of forward I would like to see us go for, a Arnautovic or Antonio sort of player. Michael Gregoritsch would be ideal, beast of a player.

• Like 1

Really think we should go for Che Adams from Birmingham as an understudy to Vardy. Can ease him in gently from the bench or start him when Vardy needs a rest.

A young hungry player with all the right attributes. From Leicester too, so would be a real good fit IMO.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Really think we should go for Che Adams from Birmingham as an understudy to Vardy. Can ease him in gently from the bench or start him when Vardy needs a rest.

A young hungry player with all the right attributes. From Leicester too, so would be a real good fit IMO.

Not a bad shout, can play out wide too if needs be.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Where you thinking? LW and CM? Any forward coming in is essentially going to be rotated with Vardy unless they can also play out wide which is the sort of forward I would like to see us go for, a Arnautovic or Antonio sort of player. Michael Gregoritsch would be ideal, beast of a player.

Antonio would be a great fit. Vardyesque and can play out wide if need be.

Kasper

Ricardo Morgan Maguire Chilwell.  

Parejo

Choudhury Ndidi

Ziyech        Vardy      Maddison**

A man can dream ....

Edited by lcfc sheff

7 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

Kasper

Parejo

Choudhury Ndidi

Ziyech        Vardy      Barnes

A man can dream ....

Thats a dreadful team 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

Kasper

Parejo

Choudhury Ndidi

Ziyech        Vardy      Barnes

A man can dream ....

Ye that maddison needs dropping he is useless ?

On ‎24‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 07:43, halfpipe said:

Piatek from Genoa in Serie A. He's not really played enough games at the top level to have proven himself, but he's showing qualities of just the kind of striker that we need in the squad. Strong and good in the air, but also no slouch and a great finisher. Only 23, which suits Puel's apparent "youth first" philosophy.

He'd be too much of a risk for a top 6 club, so I wouldn't be surprised to see us (and Everton/West Ham of course) interested in him.

Offers something different to our current attackers, and could be a goal threat from Gray, Chilwell, Albrighton and Ricardo whipping the ball into the box. Only signed for Genoa in the summer, so unlikely to leave until the end of the season, but I'd love to see us linked with this bloke!

I think Piatek is a good shout for us as many of the top 6 wouldn't risk money on a player that has one breakout season, despite his talent and is playing in Serie A.

On ‎26‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 13:47, siraaj_lcfc said:

Another One. 

Only 1 of 3 Nigerians we have signed have done a good job.

Chukweze actually would be good for a league like ours. He plays in La Liga with Villareal and has a good record. Very technically sound and good physically. IMO he should stay where he is for a season or two.