Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Who do you want January 2019

I actually think Welbeck wouldn't be a bad option and I think he could fit in here quite well.

Can't see us signing big, so it will either be someone from abroad who we hope can be a good find or it will be a loan signing. The further the season goes the less game time Phil Foden is going to get as games get more serious for City, could be a good loan signing.

• Like 2

On 14/12/2018 at 20:58, jayfox26 said:

Not a chance are we getting Wilson or Sessegnon in Jan. No prem team will sell their best players in Jan unless they get ridiculous offers which we just won't do in January. Loan deals for players not playing regular would be more likely. Clyne, Lallana and even Welbeck. I know what you're saying about Welbeck but we'd have little to lose signing him on loan till the summer. If he doesnt get fit send him back to Arsenal, if he does and plays well then we could look at a permanent deal in the summer. Any permanent signings in Jan would be from abroad most likely. 

Lallana would be a real good signing, but money would be an issue there, hes been at Liverpool a good few years now and would seemingly demand wages at the top end of our pay roll. Unless a loan with a % of his wages paid by Liverpool was an option?

Clyne I like the sound of, my mate is a Liverpool fan and seems to think theres some substance to this as we enquired in the summer. 

I agree any type of deal for a player who's been dogged by injuries would have to be loan with an option of signing permanent. My opinion on Welbeck is quite simply that I don't think a move here would interest him and frankly it just doesn't excite me. 

Looking at Wilson/Sessegnon they are simply players I'd like to see play here, players I've watched for some years and think could add some real value -- Not many would of thought Madders would of been an LCFC player last year and the fact he is only from Cov swung it as he wanted to be closer to his family - similarly with Callum Wilson - maybe being closer to family could have a lure?

I think we have to go for drinkwater, he’s exactly what we need. Good and creative passing range, good tackler and knows the team well. Would cost very little as he’s only played once all season I think? Other options are mooy and Allen who would do a similar job.

Then I think we need a target man. Crying out for another striker plus we need a plan B if things aren’t working out and we can just hoof it up the pitch to him. Should try for mitro in the summer if (when) Fulham go down, maybe go for Llorente loan until then? 

Che adams would be a good option to get in the summer too, give more competition to vardy. 

Maybe an unpopular opinion but if take a shot on Defoe. 

We have an issue in the strikers department. We clearly need one but if we go out and spend big on one then do we drop Vardy or do we change system to fit the two in? 

Makes sense to go get a proven goal scorer on a short term deal who will be happy with limited game time until we figure out a longer term plan. 

If not Defoe then someone of that mould.

8 hours ago, North Leeds Fox said:

What about someone like origi or niasse. Both have scored prem goals and are good at holding the ball up, don't think they would be too difficult to get on loan until the end of the season where either we keep or go for a longer term target 

Supposedly Everton are looking to offload Niasse