Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Who do you want January 2019

Said it the other day, CM is top priority for me in January. We can get bodies elsewhere by bringing back Slim and Barnes. Not perfect I know, but it buys you time until the Summer window. We get a look at Barnes and see whether he shows enough promise to not have to go out and buy a winger. Plus Slim gets one more chance to actually build some value for a sale in the summer.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Said it the other day, CM is top priority for me in January. We can get bodies elsewhere by bringing back Slim and Barnes. Not perfect I know, but it buys you time until the Summer window. We get a look at Barnes and see whether he shows enough promise to not have to go out and buy a winger. Plus Slim gets one more chance to actually build some value for a sale in the summer.

Is slim coming back then?

5 minutes ago, lanefox said:

Is slim coming back then?

More of a suggestion. January is notoriously difficult and expensive time to buy, so getting two starters and a top class striker is probably pushing it. A CM now and then look at the rest in the summer would make more sense if nothing is available that suitably improves us.

No coincidence that our best signings tend to be the ones we've got done early, who i'd Imagine were first choices. Those that came in at the end of the window have tended to not work out. So unless your first choice is available and not a silly price, just re-call some of our own players and plod on until June.

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

This is my feeling too, although a loan move ourselves for Gabbiadini and Slimani going to Besiktas (been reported) wouldn't be the worst piece of business either.

How about Ceballos from Real? - only early 20’s and not really getting a look in - he can play at 10 or more centrally is a phenomenal passer, crosser and dribbler....

Offer them £35 million and see if they burst into fits of laughter or not....

I earlier just wrote this by accident in another thread though mainly because I was trying to raise the aspirations of peeps who were suggesting we take players from clubs like Brentford.

Edited by Nick
  • Like 1

Just now, Swan Lesta said:

How about Ceballos from Real? - only early 20’s and not really getting a look in - he can play at 10 or more centrally is a phenomenal passer, crosser and dribbler....

I swear we were loosely linked to him before they signed him, might be my pissed addled brain though.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, danny2997 said:

I'd like for us to go for Fabregas, I think he'd be a good replacement for Silva and Iborra. Been linked with Wolves already, so seems he wouldn't be unrealistic. 

Looks like he's going Monaco 

1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

I earlier just wrote this by accident in another thread though mainly because I was trying to raise the aspirations of peeps who were suggesting we take players from clubs like Brentford.

Or clubs like Fleetwood? 

1 hour ago, Manini said:

I like the look of Matt Ritchie, his ball control is lovely. 

Having Ritchie AND Albrighton in the team would be a ridiculous waste if me didn't have a target man. It would be pointless. 

If we DID have one though,it would be lethal.

Probably not January but I'd love us to go for the Batman. If were serious about going for Europa League, challenging the top six hes the sort of striker we need to go for. Oh and a competent winger or two.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Or clubs like Fleetwood? 

I take your point but yes, especially them!

Unless you can name me a CAM in their squad we can pick up for a million quid that’ll be as good as Ceballos?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

I’d love to have Jonjo Shelvey here. 

Reckon we we could have him for £15 million to replace Iborra 

Good player. Aggressive and dirty player.

High chance of being suspended more than he plays 

16 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Good player. Aggressive and dirty player.

High chance of being suspended more than he plays 

I think he would find another level surrounded by a good group of players. He’s got everything you need to be a real deep playmaker in this league. Puel has a reputation for managing difficult players like Ben Arfa and getting the best out of them. Newcastle need money and if we could get him ticking he offers something we don’t currently have in the squad.