Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Who do you want January 2019

Matt Phillips and Aaron Mooy (although currently injured) would be solid additions in my book. The January window isn’t great for buying clubs and these two wouldn’t cost the earth while adding depth to crucial positions.

The summer window will be big for us I feel.

Edited by Devonfox1884

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Defoe the 36 year old?

No, his dad.

Ok, you got me. Yes the 36 year old. But only on something like a 4 year old contract ?

(Look, i wanted him when he went to sunderland and  wont let it go)

In all seriousness, i think he could be useful to the end of the season. A la Kevin Phillips.

1 hour ago, gw_leics772 said:

No, his dad.

Ok, you got me. Yes the 36 year old. But only on something like a 4 year old contract ?

(Look, i wanted him when he went to sunderland and  wont let it go)

In all seriousness, i think he could be useful to the end of the season. A la Kevin Phillips.

He was good at Sunderland, but had many chances to shine at Bournemouth and it's clear his career is over. We need to have a bit more ambition. Not like he's going to be working any harder than Nacho, so what's the point? 

Would actually like it if we took a shot on Solanke but only if we managed to get him permanently or at least with an option.

It might not work but that seems a far better shot to take than someone like Defoe

And tbh he might not even want to come if he's not guaranteed to start but we'd give him more of a shot than Liverpool.

1 minute ago, Wdywd said:

Would actually like it if we took a shot on Solanke but only if we managed to get him permanently or at least with an option.

It might not work but that seems a far better shot to take than someone like Defoe

And tbh he might not even want to come if he's not guaranteed to start but we'd give him more of a shot than Liverpool.

I've never seen anything of Solanke that particularly impressives, havent watched loads of him mind

• Like 1

I'd be happy with.

Either Tammy Abraham chelsea, Neil Maupay from brenford.

ABradley Dack from Blackburn rovers for our CM option.

Bring back harvey Barnes loan out either Gray or gazelle.

That should sort our attacking intent out

24 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

I've never seen anything of Solanke that particularly impressives, havent watched loads of him mind

For what it's worth the xG folk liked him quite a lot last year when he was getting some chances for Liverpool but he's just totally vanished this season

(they like Kelechi too so..)

41 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

I'd be happy with.

Either Tammy Abraham chelsea, Neil Maupay from brenford.

ABradley Dack from Blackburn rovers for our CM option.

Bring back harvey Barnes loan out either Gray or gazelle.

That should sort our attacking intent out

Dack is a Harvery Barnes/Maddison type player, there is no way he can play central midfield in the PL. 

• Like 1

With Iborra almost out the door, I wonder how far along Silva's transfer out is too?

If Kingy heads off too, that leaves us with the following first-choice central midfielders for the rest of the season:

• Mendy
  • Ndidi
  • Choudhury

We've also got the following to come back maybe:

• James (not fully fit)
  • Amartey (ish) (injured)

We need another DM and a box-to-box midfielder if that's the case...if only Loftus-Cheek was attainable :(

2 hours ago, ronnup said:

Wanyama is behind a fair few now. He’d suit Puel nicely in being a destroyer and knowing when to give the ball to someone who can pass 

That’s a great shout. I don’t think he’s that old either is he? He would be a huge upgrade on what we currently have.

Said it before but I’d have another look at Malcolm we were reportedly interested in the summer before he went to Barca which hasn’t worked out at all and now seems they are trying to ship him out (China being the bookies favourite) sure he’d prefer to stay in Europe and Barca can afford to lose a few quid on him - £35m would probably do

He might still be worth a shout as a back up striker for us since Rubin Kazan are looking to sell him for 15€ minimum. (Especially now since they are banned from European Competition and are financially broke.)

He'll be going to the Asian Cup, so would be interesting to see how he preforms there.

13 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Timo Werner available for sale, another player we need to be looking at if we want to go places. €30-€40m  

Destined for bigger things. He'll want consistent Champions League football. 

40 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Half of the squad west ham bought in the summer would of had the same mindset.

But I guess if we don't buy a ticket we won't win the draw.

4 hours ago, CloudFox said:

With Iborra almost out the door, I wonder how far along Silva's transfer out is too?

If Kingy heads off too, that leaves us with the following first-choice central midfielders for the rest of the season:

• Mendy
  • Ndidi
  • Choudhury

We've also got the following to come back maybe:

• James (not fully fit)
  • Amartey (ish) (injured)

We need another DM and a box-to-box midfielder if that's the case...if only Loftus-Cheek was attainable :(

Seri from Fulham when / if Fulham are relgated. Pairs up with his old mates Mendy and Ricardo, and under the guiidance of his old manager Puel. He was their creative midfielder of the double pivot.

Add in Allasane Plea of Borrussia MGB who is another Puel old boy who is impressing in the Bundesliga to be competition up front for Vardy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Beechey said:

Possibly yes. But who knows, still young and the way were going about our business with youth and bedding them into International teams will make us a good prospect for any young talent.

47 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Half of the squad west ham bought in the summer would of had the same mindset.

But I guess if we don't buy a ticket we won't win the draw.

This.

I mentioned Michy Batshuayi last night too. He's been linked with Palace why not have a go? Two competent wingers and we will be set for a European/Top 6 push. 

1 minute ago, Ashley said:

Possibly yes. But who knows, still young and the way were going about our business with youth and bedding them into International teams will make us a good prospect for any young talent.

This.

I mentioned Michy Batshuayi last night too. He's been linked with Palace why not have a go? Two competent wingers and we will be set for a European/Top 6 push. 

Would love him though, the ideal Vardy successor 

3 hours ago, Ashley said:

This.

An odd player really. Shone in Germany but poor when played at Chelsea. Didn't appear prepared to work and just wanted the ball on a plate, a bit like Nacho!

All we need is a midfielder who is defensively sound and who has a bit of creativity. The Mousa Dembele type. 

Also I wouldn't mind looking in LaLiga for players like Inaki Williams whos really good.

Edited by siraaj_lcfc