Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Chilwell to Manchester City

On 30/03/2019 at 16:06, TaggertvsWise said:

It’s not really about being a selling club but more about freeing up funds to build so as not to fall foul of FFP. If Man City really want a player they will more than likely eventually go, why wouldn’t they? I hope he stays but if he wants to go then Tierney, who is by all accounts better than Robertson from what I have heard, would be a good replacement and the remainder of the silly Chilly money could buy Tielmans. My point is that if he goes, then these 2 would be a good swap.

Better than Robertson by all accounts, says who exactly,  can you name that credible source?  One plays against Premiership and sometimes European standard players week in week out and the other plays against a bunch of nobody's, easy to look good in such lowly company. Do you think Robertson is better than Chilwell?  Chilwell has lots of improvement in him and is a few years younger than Robertson. Tierney is a decent player no doubt but hardly comparible at this stage as he's not done anything bar the odd European match. Sell Chilwell for about 40m and pay 20m for a completely unproven Tierney for about 20m would be poor business. You'd be getting 20m to spend. We don't need 20m that much at the expense of selling a huge prospect like Chilwell. 

50 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Better than Robertson by all accounts, says who exactly,  can you name that credible source?  One plays against Premiership and sometimes European standard players week in week out and the other plays against a bunch of nobody's, easy to look good in such lowly company. Do you think Robertson is better than Chilwell?  Chilwell has lots of improvement in him and is a few years younger than Robertson. Tierney is a decent player no doubt but hardly comparible at this stage as he's not done anything bar the odd European match. Sell Chilwell for about 40m and pay 20m for a completely unproven Tierney for about 20m would be poor business. You'd be getting 20m to spend. We don't need 20m that much at the expense of selling a huge prospect like Chilwell. 

Mate, I’m really not trying to start an argument here but you do seem a little bit confrontational and I am not sure why. All I said was I think that would be a good bit of business. I wasn’t talking about 40mill either so I am not sure where you got that from. I was talking about if he walked for silly money. To answer your questions, I heard TalkSPORT quoting the Robertson comparison and yes I do think Chilwell is better than Robertson.

Let’s not drag this out anymore than it needs to as I suspect we are looking at a situation from 2 different viewpoints and as such there isn’t really a conversation here.

1 hour ago, theessexfox said:

Chilwell is nowhere near Robertson by the way.

Chilwell will be better than Robertson.

Robertson has a lot of flaws.

But saying that a great LB.

Great crosses.

Alot of mistakes.

Put him in the Leicester team and put chilwell in the liverpool team chilwell would look a million times better than Robertson.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, theessexfox said:

Chilwell is coming along very well but Robertson is miles better at crossing, he's a better passer, good at switching play, great at defending the back post and defending one-on-one, best LB in the league by a distance.

Robertson's work rate is unreal as well. Guy can go full pelt and doesn't tire.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, theessexfox said:

Chilwell is coming along very well but Robertson is miles better at crossing, he's a better passer, good at switching play, great at defending the back post and defending one-on-one, best LB in the league by a distance.

I would agree with you on that one to be honest. Most wont agree because chilly is one of our own. Top clubs will think they can get a bargain from little Leicester in there minds hence targeting chilly rather than someone like Robertson.

7 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I would agree with you on that one to be honest. Most wont agree because chilly is one of our own. Top clubs will think they can get a bargain from little Leicester in there minds hence targeting chilly rather than someone like Robertson.

What an absolute crock of shit ! 

22 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

It’s probably bollocks anyway but a year on from us lot describing him as overrated he has improved massively. Any player who gets an opportunity to train next to Messi is going to take it.

Not everyone ;)

48 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Jordi Alba by about a million miles.

Alba is the best but Robertson is probably as close as anything else. Alba has also had a fairly mediocre last 18 months so it's not conceivable to consider Robertson amongst the best.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Explain?...

Chilwell is every bit as good, if not better than Robertson, you are falling into the "big club" better players bull shine, Maguire IS better than Van Dick, Riccardo IS better than AA and Chillwell IS better than Robertson !!  .......... IMO  :-)

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Alba is the best but Robertson is probably as close as anything else. Alba has also had a fairly mediocre last 18 months so it's not conceivable to consider Robertson amongst the best.

Alex Sandro is way ahead of him. Telles at Porto? Alaba too  

• Like 1

Chillwell for Mahrez +10 mill 

I wonder if City would accept on offer of their money back for Mahrez ? He hasnt been bad, but he hasnt been great. I think theyd be tempted, although he wouldnt be. In usual circumstances his value would fall but with a possible quadruple I cant see it. 

But seriously, the thought of Riyad in this current team is mouthwatering 

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

Chillwell for Mahrez +10 mill 

I wonder if City would accept on offer of their money back for Mahrez ? He hasnt been bad, but he hasnt been great. I think theyd be tempted, although he wouldnt be. In usual circumstances his value would fall but with a possible quadruple I cant see it. 

But seriously, the thought of Riyad in this current team is mouthwatering 

Mahrez is a whiny little mardy arse who has suffered by thinking the grass was greener. Treating him like a slave remember. Fvck the on strike little primadonna. 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Mahrez is a whiny little mardy arse who has suffered by thinking the grass was greener. Treating him like a slave remember. Fvck the on strike little primadonna. 

History will remember him as an integral player in a title win that you could only dream of. 

But if you prefer to be bitter, knock yourself out. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Suffered? He's got a good chance of winning the quadruple this season lol

I'm sure he's really regretting it 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

History will remember him as an integral player in a title win that you could only dream of. 

Yes part of the only team to win a title. That is great. He still downed tools like a whiny little bitch. That is fact. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Yes part of the only team to win a title. That is great. He still downed tools like a whiny little bitch. That is fact.