Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Chilwell to Manchester City

2 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

That's what I think. Plus the 5 years left on his contract in the summer.

We won't sell unless it's a silly offer.

I agree, but £75m isn't a silly offer?

15 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

I agree, but £75m isn't a silly offer?

It is, but the article merely stated that's what they'd have to bid and not what they would. They aren't spending £75m on him.

Amongst the big six you see a "best fit" for certain players based on competition for place, playing style etc, for example I see Maguire as Chelsea or Utd but not Man City, Liverpool or Arsenal. For Chilwell I've had a horrible feeling it will be Spurs, I just see him fitting in when they switch from back four to wing backs, they have a few young English players already and he seemed matey with Tripier when they played the other week. I don't rate Davies particularly highly and Rose seems to be turning into a grade A P***k, maybe his pace is going but he just seems to be over aggressive, late into challenges and missing from his position when caught on the break. 

Going against that though is A) Spurs don't tend to spend big, they may be due one or two but with the new Stadium / cheese room to pay for might not. B) If Tripier carries on his current form he won't be a part of their future! C) They may prefer to offer Rose plus cash plus a selection of Brie and Camembert but we can say NO! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, fazzyfox said:

Amongst the big six you see a "best fit" for certain players based on competition for place, playing style etc, for example I see Maguire as Chelsea or Utd but not Man City, Liverpool or Arsenal.

Arsenal build from the back and their centre halves are, for want of a better word, shit. Except Sokratis on the odd day. Maguire would be ideal for them, but I think United are probably a better fit in terms of the actual club for some unidentifiable reason.

9 hours ago, fazzyfox said:

Amongst the big six you see a "best fit" for certain players based on competition for place, playing style etc, for example I see Maguire as Chelsea or Utd but not Man City, Liverpool or Arsenal. For Chilwell I've had a horrible feeling it will be Spurs, I just see him fitting in when they switch from back four to wing backs, they have a few young English players already and he seemed matey with Tripier when they played the other week. I don't rate Davies particularly highly and Rose seems to be turning into a grade A P***k, maybe his pace is going but he just seems to be over aggressive, late into challenges and missing from his position when caught on the break. 

Going against that though is A) Spurs don't tend to spend big, they may be due one or two but with the new Stadium / cheese room to pay for might not. B) If Tripier carries on his current form he won't be a part of their future! C) They may prefer to offer Rose plus cash plus a selection of Brie and Camembert but we can say NO! 

he may fit their style, but he doesn’t fit their budget/ spending plans.

9 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

Oh for sure. I doubt Man city would bid that high though personally.

They walked away from VVD and De Jong as they wouldn't go that high. 

Neither of whom are 'home-grown' like Chilly, which ups his price a bit.

• Like 1

i always associate Man City with going for world class players at the top of their game... i wouldn’t quite put chilly up there yet.  he might well be there some day but it’s hard for me to imagine  Man City breaking their transfer record for someone in that bracket.

I consider this his breakthrough season onto the world stage  and it’s dangerous going to a really top team after one good season...

8 hours ago, MPH said:

i always associate Man City with going for world class players at the top of their game... i wouldn’t quite put chilly up there yet.  he might well be there some day but it’s hard for me to imagine  Man City breaking their transfer record for someone in that bracket.

I consider this his breakthrough season onto the world stage  and it’s dangerous going to a really top team after one good season...

It’s dangerous but if they are being investigated for FFP buying a young promising English player with experience of the league could be a change of tactic for them.

No doubt it’s a risk, it would be a risk for us turning down crazy money for him as well especially if Tierney might just for half the amount.

12 hours ago, MPH said:

50 million each on Stones and Sterling? And that's around 3 years ago. 

1 hour ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Looks the business bringing the ball forward but turns to shit the moment he reaches the final third. One of the most perplexing City players I've ever watched.

Can’t defend and has no end product worlds gone mad, when Man City could pay tens of million for such a player

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

I’d definitely swap him for Zinchenko and cash 

I definitely wouldn't. Zinchenko is rarely if ever defensively tried, and when he has been, he's looked defensively and positionally shaky this season.

Defensively, Chilwell is significantly better.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Claridge said:

Can’t defend and has no end product worlds gone mad, when Man City could pay tens of million for such a player

:worship:thank you,

someone who sees the same overated player I see who some cream themselves over,

if we got 40 million for him we would be having someone’s pants down 

We need to keep him for at least one more season - he will continue to improve through guaranteed game time. If we sell we would need to buy in (I had hoped Elder could be his replacement but he has hardly played for Ipswich so probably not).No Fuchs next season so without both, we could be struggling in that position

21 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Looks the business bringing the ball forward but turns to shit the moment he reaches the final third. One of the most perplexing City players I've ever watched.

How long have you been watching them for?

Just now, MPH said:

plastic!

but no, Seriously,  Over the years there’s so many more players that have frustrated me far more than Chilly ever could.

He gets into some great advanced positions, which in itself is a great skill, but rarely does he create an opportunity for either himself or his teammates. His goals and assists tally are below where they should be. That's not to say he can't improve this area of his game. He's got time on his side.

23 hours ago, Haywood_6 said:

Poor performance today I thought Joe Bryan for Fulham looked the better player out of the two left backs on the pitch

I’ve heard a few people say this ...   (including me at the match) ..   when they go down I’d try and get him ...    only  25 plays full back or left sided midfield ...   not complaining about Chilwell,  but ...   IF he went, Bryan would easily plug the gap ...   at worst give him some real competition.