Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Chilwell to Manchester City

Tierney would be no more than £25m and that’s pushing it, and would be a more than adequate replacement whilst giving us another £50m to spend! 

Easy this managing malarkey :ph34r:

in all seriousness though, Man City will have to offer something massive based on the cost of Mendy and walker who I’m not sure are any better, or at the very least weren’t as good as Chilwell is at his age, plus he’s probably one of the fittest players in the league and doesn’t seem to get injured much *touches wood*.

Would be crazy to see if we sold two defenders from our mistake ridden defence for close to £130m ?

I like him but Jesus Christ. We would be mad to not take that.

It would be a blow, but just as much an opportunity to strengthen elsewhere.

I think he's good but £75million good? Can't really see it to be honest.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, rachhere said:

I would sell Maguire because we have good back up already, but I wouldn't sell Chilwell. What's the point of having a strategy of developing youth if you sell them on at the first enquiry? 

Agreed, I'd rather have him here for one/two seasons more and take a possible hit on sales when City are no longer interested than sell him now. We really don't need to sell him, if we need money I'm sure we could shunt Maguire to Man U for £40 million or so which coupled with the Silva sale and £20 million or so of this season's TV money should fund a very healthy window. Tielemans in, a striker, and backup FB(s). Of course we all dream of signing David Neres for £40 million but it's best to be realistic. 

• Like 1

Chilwell is just so awful in the final transition towards goal. It's a gamble because he could be a Garath Bale if he cracks it. I'd like to see someone supporting him better in future (if they can keep up) and taking charge of proceedings from that attacking position he finds himself in so may times. 

He seems so brainless when he's playing it into the box, as do all of our players, albeit Tielemans. Rodgers has lots of work do in that final ball into the box. 

7 hours ago, Blue ROI said:

Would Man City be willing to spend 75 million though. They didn't go that far for Mahrez.

If they did offer it I would gladly accept. Would have rated him about 40 million

The difference being Chilwell is only 22, where as Mahrez was pushing 28, when they signed him, so yes they would have to come up with an offer like that.

We won’t be bullied and Man City know that.

• Like 1

I hope that ANY deal we do with Man city is done with a buy back clause.

$75 mill sounds good until you realise that just means everyones price goes up and its the same as $25 million two years ago.

Chillwell is a very important piece in a soon to be champion team keeping him and other young players as they improve is what will win us the FA cup and push us to the top 6 (4)

Hes got a 6 year contract hasnt he?... DO NOT SELL

• Like 1

There's still room to grow, people pick holes in his game all the time but it was far worse a year ago after the cock up at Everton away - if he's worth £75m now, what would another season playing every week and developing his technical skills and tactical stuff do to his valuation?

So I think check for another year, still has room to grow here. Unless they want to pay his possible future fee then hold the asset. Don't want it to become another "Southampton>>>Liverpool" situation anyway, we should know better than many others that replacing like for like and even procurement of new players is difficult in this League, also incredibly costly and cumbersome to the wage structure even if you manage to loan your show donkeys off to Turkey/back to Russia - £75m and £80kpw can easily be lost on two £30m & £120kpw players who might turn out to be rancid, fetid cabbage farmers.

Think we've got a better chance of replacing Maguire this summer and would favour cashing in on him rather than Chilly.

On 06/03/2019 at 01:59, ozleicester said:

I hope that ANY deal we do with Man city is done with a buy back clause.

you mean like forcing them to buy back Iheanacho?

i like you’re thinking.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Rodgers will want to keep him and will be getting assurances to that end.

That's what I think. Plus the 5 years left on his contract in the summer.

We won't sell unless it's a silly offer.

1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

Rodgers will want to keep him and will be getting assurances to that end.

Agreed. The switch from Puel to Rodgers will undoubtedly strengthen our chances of keeping the likes of Chilwell and Maguire. There's every chance that all of our major sellable assets will be open to staying and that any departure is led by the club in order to generate funds for reinvestment. Think a lot of that will also be dictated by how successful we are in clearing and recouping as much as possible for Slimani, Silva, King etc.