Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Chilwell to Manchester City

My point is these two Clubs will not pay what we want.  They might be a strep up but they do not flash the cash.  This is why Ramsey is leaving and Grielish is still at Villa.

Think this move might get some traction over the next few weeks. Mendy was poor last night defending-wise and they don't really have any cover. Chilly is probably just as good defending as he is attacking from fullback. Will be exactly what they're looking for.

Hope he stays, this young team has so much promise if they stick together.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lcfc278 said:

Think this move might get some traction over the next few weeks. Mendy was poor last night defending-wise and they don't really have any cover. Chilly is probably just as good defending as he is attacking from fullback. Will be exactly what they're looking for.

Mendy has been plagued with injuries, however it always seemed Pep wants to make it work for him. He's still young, and as we saw at Monaco he has the world-class ability in him. I think they'll get a quality back up LB (like they did with Danilo on the right). With Chilly they'd have to break their transfer record and also give him first team football. 

I don't think he will be allowed to leave. This time next year maybe a different story. I think 1 big player a year should be our selling policy. Maguire for me will be the one as he has performed on the international stage. 

40 minutes ago, Gav_LCFC14 said:

however it always seemed Pep wants to make it work for him. 

I'd say quite the opposite. There's clearly a personality clash. Alongside that I firmly believe Mendy will become a crock. His frame struggles with the demands of a PL full back. 

1 hour ago, Gav_LCFC14 said:

Mendy has been plagued with injuries, however it always seemed Pep wants to make it work for him. He's still young, and as we saw at Monaco he has the world-class ability in him. I think they'll get a quality back up LB (like they did with Danilo on the right). With Chilly they'd have to break their transfer record and also give him first team football. 

Agree with the injuries but when he has been fit he's not really set the world alight.I think they'd be looking at bringing in a first-choice with Mendy becoming back-up (which let's be honest at Man City isn't that bad as everyone seems to get games in his rotations).

I don't think we will want to sell and you're right it would have to be a seriously eye-watering bid.

8 hours ago, messerschmitt said:

If I didn't know any different I would have thought it was Mendy's first time on a football pitch, he seemed to just stand still when he got the ball, then lost it, he made Morgan look mobile, if they paid £50 million for him we should ask for £100.

His pubes aren't worth £100

13 hours ago, lcfc278 said:

I was thinking this at the time, may as well had Papy Mendy playing at fullback. He was dreadful. 

On 18/04/2019 at 12:26, Gav_LCFC14 said:

Mendy has been plagued with injuries, however it always seemed Pep wants to make it work for him. He's still young, and as we saw at Monaco he has the world-class ability in him. I think they'll get a quality back up LB (like they did with Danilo on the right). With Chilly they'd have to break their transfer record and also give him first team football

Why? They don't give their current record signing much first team football :ph34r:

20 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

Why? They don't give their current record signing much first team football :ph34r:

That might be part of his point- chillwell will be well aware of that and won’t want to be a bench warmer. especially at his age.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TiffToff88 said:

1 hour ago, MPH said:

That might be part of his point- chillwell will be well aware of that and won’t want to be a bench warmer. especially at his age.

Exactly that thanks, a big part of chilwell being Englands LB is that he gets regular club football. He won't want to risk that, to potentially be benched for Delph.:ph34r:

On 12/04/2019 at 16:13, mad biker said:

Why ? for not missing a game in 47 years ?

for never having drunk alcohol or for thinking Van Dick is massively overated  ?

Good on you for not missing a game.

Don't worry about not drinking alcohol, I picked up the slack for you there.

But you are wrong about VVD, he is very, very good.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MPH said:

1 hour ago, Gav_LCFC14 said:

Exactly that thanks, a big part of chilwell being Englands LB is that he gets regular club football. He won't want to risk that, to potentially be benched for Delph.:ph34r:

Yeah reading it back I did kind if miss your point.

There are 2 ways Chilwell could look at a potential move like this. He could either look at Kante and have the self confidence and belief to think that could be him, becoming a regular starter for (big 6) club and country, or he could hopefully look at Mahrez and Drinkwater and realise that although his bank balance would be significantly larger, the grass isn't always greener when it comes to playing time.

At his age, the opportunity to get regular playing time should be the main driving force in his career

• Like 2

On 18/04/2019 at 22:13, Dr The Singh said:

His pubes aren't worth £100

On 18/04/2019 at 23:17, ARM1968 said:

Whose?  I heard Chilwell waxes. Chilly willy. 

16 hours ago, sylofox said:

I heard a rumour Drinky gave him £500 for them. 

8 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

So it wasn't drink driving, but sniffing his pubes that got him drunk?

Sometimes I wonder if the players ever come on here to try and connect to the fans and then come across stuff like this...