Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Chilwell to Manchester City

8 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Yes - this chap Harneet Singh Sethi (with 611followers) states he has been told by his sources claiming LCFC are not happy about something? 

Just found this article quoting the same source https://foxesofleicester.com/2019/03/20/exclusive-ben-chilwell-manchester-city-done-deal/

Probably complete BS and surely wouldn't be playing every game if the club have any major concerns?

31 minutes ago, Silva Fox said:

Just found this article quoting the same source https://foxesofleicester.com/2019/03/20/exclusive-ben-chilwell-manchester-city-done-deal/

Probably complete BS and surely wouldn't be playing every game if the club have any major concerns?

I think SLB can be used here.

Edited by mozartfox

Have their pants down like we did with Mahrez 60 million and a tank of fuel. I know we are meant to be building, but need to look at the long term. If his head is turn then maybe we are on a losing battle. But then if we let him go, he will be in the ear of Maddison and our other young and up and coming stars so may need to look at that aspect AND TELL Man City closed for business, thats of course if they don't get their transfer ban. 

9 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I'd be much happier if we sold Maguire than Chilwell for numerous reasons.

Firstly, I don't think this will be a particularly busy window, as depending on outgoings we'd only need a backup LB, striker, and maybe a winger coming in on top of Tielemans of course. With Silva most certainly leaving and Iborra already getting us 10 million pounds ish, Maguire leaving for a conservative 30 million to an optimistic 45 would be all we needed to fund our window. 

On top of this, Chilwell is part of our younger, more talented nucleus and the longer we can keep and continue to develop him, the more our identity in the league post-title win is established and the more our reputation grows as both a team for developing talent and a team with ambition. 

We also already have prepared for Maguire leaving us with the addition of Evans, Soyuncu, and Benkovic.

Finally, he's from our academy. 

I doubt you'll find a buyer for Maguire tbh at the fee we would sell at. 

I don't think there is any danger of him leaving this summer. The top 6 aren't interested.

Just now, Stevosevic said:

I don't think there is any danger of him leaving this summer. The top 6 aren't interested.

I somewhat agree. Perhaps Utd could be duped or we could shift him to Arsenal for 30 million or so but unless he has an excellent end to the season and performs convincingly internationally he'll probably stay.

21 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Firstly, I don't think this will be a particularly busy window, as depending on outgoings we'd only need a backup LB, striker, and maybe a winger coming in on top of Tielemans of course. With Silva most certainly leaving and Iborra already getting us 10 million pounds ish, Maguire leaving for a conservative 30 million to an optimistic 45 would be all we needed to fund our window. 

On top of this, Chilwell is part of our younger, more talented nucleus and the longer we can keep and continue to develop him, the more our identity in the league post-title win is established and the more our reputation grows as both a team for developing talent and a team with ambition. 

We also already have prepared for Maguire leaving us with the addition of Evans, Soyuncu, and Benkovic.

This echoes my thoughts exactly! Get out of my head! lol

I prefer to see academy players who have sentiment to the club and city in the team. I think it's important to have an identity and leadership on the pitch. We are lucky that we have players like Kasper, Wes, Vardy who have set some kind of culture, but even they are not home grown and have other clubs they supported as a kid. I know Chilwell is from Milton Keynes originally and probably supported another club as a boy, but players like him, Barnes and Choudhury I hope will give us more of a "kill themselves for the shirt" mentality. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

I think you are right. His stock has nosed dived miraculously since last summer.  He needs a good end of the season and some sound performances for England to try and develop the interest in him again.  He may have missed the boat.

14 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I somewhat agree. Perhaps Utd could be duped or we could shift him to Arsenal for 30 million or so but unless he has an excellent end to the season and performs convincingly internationally he'll probably stay.

Yeh. And for that fee we may as well keep as he's still a very good player for our level of club. We may as well get some years out of him 

15 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Yeh. And for that fee we may as well keep as he's still a very good player for our level of club. We may as well get some years out of him 

I would only sell him if we needed to offset some of our summer costs, not as a matter of principle. I agree he's very good for us. 

6 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Selling a player like Chilwell poses quite the dilemma. He's come through our academy, we've invested the time into developing him and if he left that would be quite galling seeing as we are yet to see the best of him, even if he's progressing and improving every week.

But thinking about things differently, a ton of money received can be used to reinvest back into the team. Look at Liverpool who reinvested the Coutinho money into Van Dijk and Allison and are now mounting a real title challenge as a result. But then look at Spurs who reinvested the money received for Gareth Bale on some fairly mediocre players. Or Southampton that just pocketed the money for the execs! (Luckily that won't happen to us).

I'd personally want us to keep the team we currently have, but I can definitely see one "marquee" player leaving for crazy sums to fund our other transfer activity. I expected that to be Maguire, but suppose it could also be Chilwell. Both are definitely replaceable and I guess the "sensible" thing to do is to act a bit like a Premier League version of Sevilla / Dortmund / Monaco, selling one star player each summer for an over-inflated price, and bringing in a more than capable replacement either through the youth team or signed for a cheaper price. As long as we don't go mad and sell too many players, it's probably a good way to steadily improve the squad and club over a long term period, which is clearly the current strategy.

I’ve been saying this for quite a while and was content for it to happen while Puel was here as it felt inevitable. 

Now we’ve got Brendan I’m curious to see what will happen. I’d love us to keep Maguire & Chilwell together and see what Brendan can do with them. 

• Like 2

If we finish the season on a relative high I cannot see Chilwell leaving - he is still very young and improving along with close mates like Gray Maddison etc.He has been with the club a long time. Much more likely that Maguire will go IMO and the push then would be to secure Tielemans, although suspect that won't be easy

21 hours ago, Ricey said:

Amazing how far this 'rumour' from some bloke with a blog has spread.

People will literally believe anything these days.

Keeps popping up everywhere ...   even mention of him potentially leaving in the Mercury today ..   

Fasten your seat belts ..  its going to be a bumpy ride ...   

23 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Exactly this.

Maguire to leave doesn't fill me with much dread at all. Chilwell would be a much bigger loss. We rarely lose more than one player a season we see as a key man. Kante, Drinkwater and Mahrez etc

FIFA to hand them two closed windows within weeks, according to some scribe on Talkshite this AM.   So MANC may be out of the picture fairly soon.