Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Chilwell to Manchester City

On 21/03/2019 at 10:32, Nicolo Barella said:

I'd be much happier if we sold Maguire than Chilwell for numerous reasons.

Firstly, I don't think this will be a particularly busy window, as depending on outgoings we'd only need a backup LB, striker, and maybe a winger coming in on top of Tielemans of course. With Silva most certainly leaving and Iborra already getting us 10 million pounds ish, Maguire leaving for a conservative 30 million to an optimistic 45 would be all we needed to fund our window. 

On top of this, Chilwell is part of our younger, more talented nucleus and the longer we can keep and continue to develop him, the more our identity in the league post-title win is established and the more our reputation grows as both a team for developing talent and a team with ambition. 

We also already have prepared for Maguire leaving us with the addition of Evans, Soyuncu, and Benkovic.

Finally, he's from our academy. 

I'm afraid the 10 million for Iborra is already spent on Rodgers, paying off Puel and other staff etc. Probably enough left to buy a tin of baked beans but not much else.

Think it will be a busy window and we will have to fight off bids for several of our players and there will be quite a few departures who will need replacing to some extent.

I think the easiest way to sum things up, is that Ben has become England’s first choice left back in a very short space of time and not really put a foot wrong.....

England’s first choice left back will be at a top 6 club in the next season and a bit whether it’s with or without us. 

Man City probably seems like an attractive prospect as they’re happy enough to stick a centre mid there, so probably feels he can get a chance, however if Mandy gets fit and stays fit he’s first choice, so Ben could end up stuck on the bench. 

He seems sensible, he’ll have seen Riyads struggles... he knows he’s young. I’d like to think we’ll get another season out of him especially with Rodgers coming in.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Should I get a divorce if I find that site on my wife's football bookmarks? :P  TBH, I've seen a couple of the sties sites she goes to, and... Well...  Maybe I'm really glad I'm only an Arsenal fan by marriage? :P  I tried asking her what she thought of this place, only to find out she'd never even visited it once. :( :angry:

Edited by PhillippaT

I would sell Chillwell if we got a silly offer to finance signing other priorities and if we could get in Tierney.

I like Chillwell, he's great at getting us up the pitch quickly but then he falters.  I think that Ricardo is a much better player and we would see more end product from Tierney.

25 minutes ago, TaggertvsWise said:

Agree on this. Tierny & Tielmans for Chilwell would be good business 

Why get rid of one of our best players, we should be building not selling. Why all the confidence in Tierney, he's a young left back in a piss poor league and is only being tested against piss poor players every week, it's like signing someone from Rotherham. Maguire at a push we have replacements for if we really had to sell,  Chilwell would be much more difficult to replace, there should be no requirement to do so for the money or it just signals us as the next Southampton and doesn't bode well for the future. Tielemens would be a great signing but why would he want to come to an unambitious selling club?

• Like 1

It’s not really about being a selling club but more about freeing up funds to build so as not to fall foul of FFP. If Man City really want a player they will more than likely eventually go, why wouldn’t they? I hope he stays but if he wants to go then Tierney, who is by all accounts better than Robertson from what I have heard, would be a good replacement and the remainder of the silly Chilly money could buy Tielmans. My point is that if he goes, then these 2 would be a good swap.

• Like 1

I wouldn’t be to sad seeing him go to somewhere like Madrid or Barca.that way we wouldn’t have to see him on match of the day week after week and that shows what a talent the lad really is actually.obviously don’t want him to go but it wouldn’t be so hard to stomach I don’t think.really hope this doesn’t turn his head