Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Roy Hodgson 9 - 0 Claude Puel AKA Palace Post Match Thread.

4 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

I agree that today was a shit show and just one shot on target simply isn't good enough. The persistence in playing with two ball winners in the middle and relying almost exclusively on the wings to create something whilst lacking a target man is irking me to no end. But on the other hand what choices does he have?

The guy has come out and said no buys in January, evidently there's a problem with how we play and balance and his decision to get rid of our 2 target men and not bother to at least request or recruit an alternative is the problem.

No one's got a gun to his head to play down the wings and sling crosses in but it's how he sets us up, we have a capable squad when we have 2 up front but only Puel doesn't see this.

Time to go, it's not ever going to improve so let's cut ties and end this stupid merry go round of "will he / won't he"

Very hard to watch our players get beaten all over the pitch by players with more desire. We lacked heart. Something needs to change cus this is so dull. Whether it’s a management change or backing him in another transfer market to bring in players who fit his style, I really don’t know. I’m fed up of constantly changing managers though. 

13 minutes ago, KFS said:

Not defending Puel but Maddison was playing shit. Ghezzal did much more than him after coming in. 

Yet again Albrighton escapes criticism for having no quality because he ran around a lot.

We’re so unbalanced it’s unreal.

I think you are defending Puel and I can understand it if you are. 

Madders was playing terribly and no-one should just stay on because of who they are.

But there is a bigger picture here..... WHY was Maddison looking so ineffective? We all know he’s our most creative player yet he looked completely off his game.

Is this due to him not bothering or due to Puel playing him completely wrongly and not motivating him?

You can say the same perhaps of many of our players. Vardy, Maguire, Nacho, Gray...none of them look the players we know they can be. 

That’s worrying.

It stills looks like many of our lads don’t believe in what Puel is doing

Edited by Col city fan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

The guy has come out and said no buys in January, 

Oh fer Christ's sake. What do you want him to say? "Yeah, we're desperate and will be spending 50m in Jan on strikers?" Because if he does you'll find every striker has a 50m price tag. Football managers lie more than politicians, particularly around transfers

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Stadt said:

We don't have a good squad but has Puel ever had us playing greater than the sum of our parts? In games at home to similar side we've dropped points. Looked second best to a poor Fulham side, disgraceful in the first half against Brighton. Barely lay a glove on teams better than us, We have trouble scoring in open play and our disciplinary record is so poor.

We're terrible at appointing managers, there's not any good mangers out of work, we can't seem to appoint manger in a job, Top is obviously very busy at the minute so we're not sacking him but each week it's harder and harder to make a case for keeping him. I don't want us to sack manager after manager but there comes a point where we can't keep a manger just for stability's sake despite results and performances.

So you dont  consider Martin a good manager

4 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Oh fer Christ's sake. What do you want him to say? "Yeah, we're desperate and will be spending 50m in Jan on strikers?" Because if he does you'll find every striker has a 50m price tag. Football managers lie more than politicians, particularly around transfers

We shall see won't we ? I have a feeling he was being genuine

44 minutes ago, midland_red said:

I don't post on here as much as I used to, TBH I got tired of the relentless negativity.

But...

This cant go on much longer. It wasn't just that we lost, it was the way we lost. We kept giving the ball away cheaply, and seemed to pose no threat at all in front of goal. It was the same with that Fulham match, and the same in a load of others too.

I've argued that Claude needed time to revolutionise an ageing side and transform it into one which played a passing game, but the evidence seems to be piling up that the plan isn't working.

Its getting to the point where I can't see where the next win is going to come from. We now have 22 points and are in a safe, if uninspiring midtable position, But we have half the season to go and I can see us slowly slipping downwards if we continue like this. And I absolutely dont think we can expect the January transfer window to help us out much

I'm not an armchair manager so i'm not exactly sure what I would do to fix this mess, but the view that 'something must be done' is one that with regret, I'm coming round to.

And the fact we so desperately need other options come January yet we aren’t going to do anything 

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

Remember pre match people saying probably our best line up? Maybe, maybe we don't actually have that good a squad, threadbare in key areas that takes more than one window to sort out and in the meantime we'll have to endure crap like that.

Or, **** it, sack Puel, abandon the notion of rebuilding and let's go back to a new manager and relegation battles every season that we'll quickly lose, that's about what our fanbase deserves.

Nice you have such a high opinion of your fellow supporters mate ffs . 

17 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

There's a real possibility, because we've got a lot of wages tied up in players no-one will want. But, anyone thinking Puel is happy with this squad isn't paying attention

Why do you defend him so much? He's not exactly Guardiola is he? Seen nothing in the ways of improvement under his tenure. I'm not expecting us to win the league but it was clear as day we would lose today even before kick off. 

What I fail to comprehend is we start games slowly and the team do not look motivated.. correct me if I'm wrong but isn't these just a handful of responsibilities for the manager? Keeping him until the end of the season would be a stupid move, seems we are forever building for a future but these future stars get plucked up by bigger clubs!

26 minutes ago, Foxaholic ME said:

So you dont  consider Martin a good manager

What? lol I don't think managers from 20+ years ago are relevant to the current discussion and he's not a good manager anymore, either.

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Really bad loss this one. Palace are a piss poor side this season and we can’t even score against them..

There’s not much else to be said imo. That was poor.

we’ve blown the one game where we needed and could reasonably expect 3 points given our fixture list the next 2 weeks. Bloody awful and not one bit entertaining. Still there’s always the Cup ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

Remember pre match people saying probably our best line up? Maybe, maybe we don't actually have that good a squad, threadbare in key areas that takes more than one window to sort out and in the meantime we'll have to endure crap like that.

Or, **** it, sack Puel, abandon the notion of rebuilding and let's go back to a new manager and relegation battles every season that we'll quickly lose, that's about what our fanbase deserves.

Or...

Let him another year, two...three..

I'm sure a dynamic performance is just round the corner. (He's famous for it, you know) :whistle:

Are you seriously saying that the squad is at fault for the last years worth of performances under Claude? Palace have a better bunch of players than us?!! 

37 minutes ago, Al-aLondon-Foxile said:

Very hard to watch our players get beaten all over the pitch by players with more desire. We lacked heart. Something needs to change cus this is so dull. Whether it’s a management change or backing him in another transfer market to bring in players who fit his style, I really don’t know. I’m fed up of constantly changing managers though. 

Players seem to believe they are better than they actually are. It’s dangerous as we could be slipping into the relegation zone just as with Ranieri in his second season. You could argue then that European Cup was a distraction but not this time.

5 minutes ago, Stadt said:

What? lol I don't think managers from 20+ years ago are relevant to the current discussion and he's not a good manager anymore, either.

We go on about lack of ambition yet cling to the past in Pearson and O'Neill. 

• Like 1