Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Roy Hodgson 9 - 0 Claude Puel AKA Palace Post Match Thread.

2 minutes ago, Milo said:

Or...

Let him another year, two...three..

I'm sure a dynamic performance is just round the corner. (He's famous for it, you know) :whistle:

Are you seriously saying that the squad is at fault for the last years worth of performances under Claude? Palace have a better bunch of players than us?!! 

I'm saying the manager is hamstrung by having a lot of expensive players but somehow no options in any position because all that money went on guff like Benalouane, players not suited to the division like Iborra and players well past their prime like Simpson. I'd get rid if the options looked appealing, but they simply don't. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

I'm saying the manager is hamstrung by having a lot of expensive players but somehow no options in any position because all that money went on guff like Benalouane, players not suited to the division like Iborra and players well past their prime like Simpson. I'd get rid if the options looked appealing, but they simply don't. 

I wouldn’t get rid, how long has he had to change this team? no where near long enough, we would be like Southampton if we hit the panic button for no reason. A manager whos philosophy is different needs time and when we are in no danger he deserves that. I still have faith in Puel because it isn’t a relegation battle. 

I can understand if he had 3 summers and we were still mediocre but that isn’t the case... 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, maddog said:

2 points behind Everton and their squad and manager are being raved about. 

Give him till the end of the season then assess. 

I don’t see any worries with what he is doing with the hand he was dealt... he hasn’t had time yet but still have this team not in any danger 

• Thanks 1

Nothing changes for me. He gets January and then until the end of the season. If this shit continues then he should be sacked in the summer and we try something else. Only changes if we are in danger of relegation. 

Maddison was terrible first half but it should have been albrigton off at half time. At least Maddison is likely to score or create something. I like albrighton, I really do, but he should be off as soon as we are chasing goals. 

Ghezzal did well, Fuchs was consistent as ever and Morgan/Maguire were fine. Again Vardy missed his big chance, he’d usually be scoring them. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

If some of our fans had it their way all the time Martin o’neill and even Pearson would have gone. Managers need more than a year or so to get things going. 

Even O'Neill used to have appalling defeats (and performances)....topically,  I recall an horrific FA Cup performance at Selhurst. 

Patchy form is the occupational hazard for a mid table side.

Players and managers learn more by building resilience. I like that word.  I must be getting old in the tooth, but punters today seem to me to have lost all semblance of resilience. 

Edited by Paninistickers
  • Like 2

To many things seem obvious to all us fans, two defensive midfielders and one striker every game doesn’t work. The thing I don’t get is his reluctance to try any other options we have. I get what Puel is trying to do but he must be blind if he thinks this sort of performance is acceptable yet he doesn’t change tactics or seem pro active just the same thing each week.

Time for a change we need a manager that tries to win the game not bore the sh1t out us.

Problem Puel has is the players are playing half of then football he likes, the easy stuff like pass between central midfielders and defenders, good switch of plays etc but then mixing it with the same shit we’ve seen for the past couple of seasons. The long punt to Vardy that goes straight to the keeper or out for a goal kick. We are stuck between two styles and neither are working. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Problem Puel has is the players are playing half of then football he likes, the easy stuff like pass between central midfielders and defenders, good switch of plays etc but then mixing it with the same shit we’ve seen for the past couple of seasons. The long punt to Vardy that goes straight to the keeper or out for a goal kick. We are stuck between two styles and neither are working. 

Bang on

I thought Fuchs had a decent game today, particularly given how little he has played this season.   The interplay between Ricardo and Ghezzal on the right wing was encouraging.  And good to have Harry back.  But disappointing not to score against a Palace side who played a high defensive line that gave us chances.  Too little interplay between midfield and attack, too many sideways and backwards passes and  second to too many balls.  

Good to see our fans having a laugh dancing in the rain in the outdoor bar with the thumping music before the match.  That was probably the highlight for me.  

1 hour ago, maddog said:

2 points behind Everton and their squad and manager are being raved about. 

Give him till the end of the season then assess. 

The insane thing is if we had won today we'd be in 7th place. This despite scoring a wretched .77 goals per game from September 25-December 15, a lower number than all but Huddersfield and Southampton, two relegation teams. That is almost three fuching months! So many blown opportunities for this team, the Prem is awful outside the top, we should be dominating.

Edited by vanity
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Annoying thing is, if we'd have beat Fulham and Palace we'd be 6th now. But as it is we are where we deserve to be. Bottom half of the table. Teams like West Ham and Wolves putting a few wins together and we cant even score a ****ing goal! Absolute shambles! 

Went today, freezing my tits off. 

An absolutely honking performance really, we really were awful. 

I still don’t understand why we play Mendy and Ndidi together. 

I don’t understand why our pattern of play seems to rely on crossing the ball into the box, given our lack of aerial threat. 

Not sure we look any better with Maguire back to be honest. 

Schmeichel should have done better for their goal tbh, it was hardly a rocket. 

6 hours ago, Stadt said:

We don't have a good squad but has Puel ever had us playing greater than the sum of our parts? In games at home to similar side we've dropped points. Looked second best to a poor Fulham side, disgraceful in the first half against Brighton. Barely lay a glove on teams better than us, We have trouble scoring in open play and our disciplinary record is so poor.

I think Puel definetly has a 'system first, players second' approach to managing the team. He wants to play a certain way and despite not having the players to do it, insists that the formation comes first rather than evolving the tactics to suit our players and blend them with his style.