Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Roy Hodgson 9 - 0 Claude Puel AKA Palace Post Match Thread.

Puel's persistence in playing Mendy/Ndidi baffles me to no end. Wilf has been shocking and should be spending time with the youth team; Mendy has been generally decent aside from a few hiccups. As for other players, Albrighton offers nothing but work rate and spamming crosses into the box, Gray is Gray, and Schmeichel is beaten by far too many ranged shots for my liking.

Edited by Keiriel
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Mate we're gonna be well down the table by the time it's January 2nd. 

And we'll still finish comfortably midtable... I'd rather inconsistent, frustrating at times but midtable overall, than going through the Allardyce-Hughes-Moyes cycle, never doing better than 16th and getting rid every November until one can't save us

4 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

You guys who said we shroud give him time - well this is what you wanted?  I can see more and more of us are arrive at the opinion that Puel has to go - I hope Top is reading ft.

yeah but look at Southampton now...

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Remember pre match people saying probably our best line up? Maybe, maybe we don't actually have that good a squad, threadbare in key areas that takes more than one window to sort out and in the meantime we'll have to endure crap like that.

Or, **** it, sack Puel, abandon the notion of rebuilding and let's go back to a new manager and relegation battles every season that we'll quickly lose, that's about what our fanbase deserves.

We don't have a good squad but has Puel ever had us playing greater than the sum of our parts? In games at home to similar side we've dropped points. Looked second best to a poor Fulham side, disgraceful in the first half against Brighton. Barely lay a glove on teams better than us, We have trouble scoring in open play and our disciplinary record is so poor.

We're terrible at appointing managers, there's not any good mangers out of work, we can't seem to appoint manger in a job, Top is obviously very busy at the minute so we're not sacking him but each week it's harder and harder to make a case for keeping him. I don't want us to sack manager after manager but there comes a point where we can't keep a manger just for stability's sake despite results and performances.

Three points there for the taking against a poor team devoid of confidence and their best player, yet we contrive once again to leave their goalkeeper practically unemployed and lose.

A question to whose who proclaim " Puel in" with smug, condescending blind faith: can you please present some hard evidence that this team is making progress under his management?

All I see is the same stuff on repeat practically every week. I'd love to give the guy the benefit of the doubt because I'm fed up of us changing managers, but I'm concerned that we could drop into a relegation scrap if we don't improve quickly. 

Ghezzal was was the only player who provided any attacking quality and incision today. Without him we were beyond turgid. I fear for us in the next three matches.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Remember pre match people saying probably our best line up? Maybe, maybe we don't actually have that good a squad, threadbare in key areas that takes more than one window to sort out and in the meantime we'll have to endure crap like that.

Or, **** it, sack Puel, abandon the notion of rebuilding and let's go back to a new manager and relegation battles every season that we'll quickly lose, that's about what our fanbase deserves.

Rebuilding what?A relegation team.He is clueless and if its a wind up you've succeeded. 

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

And we'll still finish comfortably midtable... I'd rather inconsistent, frustrating at times but midtable overall, than going through the Allardyce-Hughes-Moyes cycle, never doing better than 16th and getting rid every November until one can't save us

Or ....

We could gamble on somebody completely different who turns out to be a great success? Why are you implying that we would end up with those Muppets as the only alternative?

1 minute ago, somebum said:

Or ....

We could gamble on somebody completely different who turns out to be a great success? Why are you implying that we would end up with those Muppets as the only alternative?

Why did we end up with Puel?

Just now, somebum said:

Or ....

Strange isn’t it. We’ve sacked 3 managers since being a premiership club and I can’t remember anytime our owners approaching any 3 of them. 

Just now, Countryfox said:

Chelski desperately want English players ...   we’ll be lucky to hang on to Harry, Clillwell and Maddison.   

Something needs to be done ...    not sure what ...     perhaps the obvious.   :(

This is always more than about money isn’t it. These lads have signed long and lucrative contracts but something else must make them want to stay here at Leicester. Usually that’s about having a manager that players really want to play for and/or a real team camaraderie.

I’m not sure we have either here at the moment. If big bids come in for any of our home-grown talent, what’s to stop them from leaving?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stadt said:

We don't have a good squad but has Puel ever had us playing greater than the sum of our parts? 

Barring the first 10 games? No. Did Pearson? Beyond the last 9 games, no. Beyond Shakespeare's new manager bounce? No. In Ranieris second season? lol no. We've played as more than the sum of our parts for one season since coming up, but 4 successive managers have now seen this squad look very mediocre. Maybe at that point we might admit the manager isn't the problem, and the problem is consistently poor recruitment glossed over by the odd rabbit out of a hat (Mahrez and Kante)

• Like 3

We played well enough defensively today and had a lot of the ball. But we lose the ball far too often in the deeper midfield areas. If we get past that we are heavily reliant on Maddison or Vardy to do something. If that isn't an option we play wide and give it to Chilwell/Albrighton/Ricardo etc to lump a cross in and hope Vardy gets the better of the 5 players marking him.

We are in desperate, desperate need of a few quality playmakers: one in the front 3 behind Vardy and another deeper lying alongside Mendy or Ndidi. I don't think the issue is exclusively with Puel or with the playing squad. The approach we are taking doesn't match up totally with what we have available to us. 

• Like 1