Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Roy Hodgson 9 - 0 Claude Puel AKA Palace Post Match Thread.

3 minutes ago, somebum said:

Or ....

We could gamble on somebody completely different who turns out to be a great success? Why are you implying that we would end up with those Muppets as the only alternative?

Because I remember our history of appointing managers since O'Neill, and we've got 2 good managers in there, Pearson and Ranieri, who both applied the first time and Pearson was a known quantity second. Our appointment record is poor, and I expect that if we sack him we'll end up with one of Moyes, Allardyce, Hughes etc. 

• Like 1

Just leaving the ground now. Not much to be said that hasn’t already. A poor performance against a poor team missing their best player. The score should probably be 1-1 but you can only really say that we were crap! Kind of feel ripped off after watching that one. 

Lots of hard games coming up now so expecting to drop down the table quite a few places in the next few weeks. 

2 minutes ago, LCCFox96 said:

We played well enough defensively today and had a lot of the ball. But we lose the ball far too often in the deeper midfield areas. If we get past that we are heavily reliant on Maddison or Vardy to do something. If that isn't an option we play wide and give it to Chilwell/Albrighton/Ricardo etc to lump a cross in and hope Vardy gets the better of the 5 players marking him.

We are in desperate, desperate need of a few quality playmakers: one in the front 3 behind Vardy and another deeper lying alongside Mendy or Ndidi. I don't think the issue is exclusively with Puel or with the playing squad. The approach we are taking doesn't match up totally with what we have available to us. 

We’ve spent a hundred billion quid and can’t score a goal unless it’s a peno. Someone needs a good arse kicking.

Just get him out now.

Surely no one can defend that display today. Disgraceful frankly. 

Bringing on Shinji with two mins left?! Why bother. 

Another game we end with no formation at all. 

Let's face it, Palace are shite and they played poorly. We give too many teams an easy ride

Too angry and fed up to post anything, but I am just starting to lose faith in CP. Not enough to want him sacked but our performances against the likes of Fulham and Shitall Palace leave a lot to be desired. Couple that with our atrocious home record over the last 10 months and it does  not look good. If you are unaware of our last three games of the season, go and have a look and be afraid, be very afraid.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Because I remember our history of appointing managers since O'Neill, and we've got 2 good managers in there, Pearson and Ranieri, who both applied the first time and Pearson was a known quantity second. Our appointment record is poor, and I expect that if we sack him we'll end up with one of Moyes, Allardyce, Hughes etc. 

And one of them didn’t do anything but bask in the glory of the other

Just now, yorkie1999 said:

We’ve spent a hundred billion quid and can’t score a goal unless it’s a peno. Someone needs a good arse kicking.

I agree but not all of that money, particularly on the bigger signings like Slimani, Musa, Iheanacho, Silva etc that failed or are misfiring, was spent as part of our current approach. I guess what I'm trying to say is we're caught in no-man's land a bit of a style of play that won't fit a squad with a lot of passengers in it and it is very frustrating to watch at times. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Countryfox said:

Come back Andy King.    Honestly, we need competition for when our midfield isn’t working ...    play crap, stay in the team ! ...   that is NOT right !!!

Andy King wasn’t registered in the 25 man squad but the injury prone Matty James was. 

Even if you weren’t going to play King he would have been a better option than putting James into it.

10 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

I don’t know. Who did we look at?

No idea. But the same people who appointed Puel will appoint the next one. If Puel was the best they could get, or the one they wanted, do you hold out hope for anything much better, on paper?

Sacking him is half the issue. 

1 minute ago, LCCFox96 said:

I agree but not all of that money, particularly on the bigger signings like Slimani, Musa, Iheanacho, Silva etc that failed or are misfiring, was spent as part of our current approach. I guess what I'm trying to say is we're caught in no-man's land a bit of a style of play that won't fit a squad with a lot of passengers in it and it is very frustrating to watch at times. 

Here’s an idea then, how about Puel adapting his style of play to fit round the players he’s got until a time when he can impose his style on the players he’s bought because, as anyone knows, a good manager adapts to the hand he’s been dealt and develops from there. As I see it, Puel is trying to do something he can’t do which is ultimately going to end in failure.

7 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Come back Andy King.    Honestly, we need competition for when our midfield isn’t working ...    play crap, stay in the team ! ...   that is NOT right !!!

The laugh is we have not registered him but we did register permanently injured Matty James - what a shambles lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Corky said:

No idea. But the same people who appointed Puel will appoint the next one. If Puel was the best they could get, or the one they wanted, do you hold out hope for anything much better, on paper?

Sacking him is half the issue. 

No I don’t hold out much hope to be honest.

That shouldn’t be a reason for sticking with Puel though.