Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Roy Hodgson 9 - 0 Claude Puel AKA Palace Post Match Thread.

1 minute ago, yorkie1999 said:

Here’s an idea then, how about Puel adapting his style of play to fit round the players he’s got until a time when he can impose his style on the players he’s bought because, as anyone knows, a good manager adapts to the hand he’s been dealt and develops from there. As I see it, Puel is trying to do something he can’t do which is ultimately going to end in failure.

He did do that when he was first appointed and we looked red hot over the first 3-4months. Then he's tried to change it and it's been slow moving but if that was the plan agreed by everyone upon his appointment he was going to have to make that change or at least movement towards that change sooner rather than later. 

2 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

No I don’t hold out much hope to be honest.

That shouldn’t be a reason for sticking with Puel though.

No, it shouldn't. I just don't believe people should get excited for a big name or a leftfield choice when he does go.

If I'm wrong then I'll gladly say so.

This was the final straw for me. I tried my best to be optimistic and wanted to give Puel time but what good does he really do? So far he only succeeded in making us painful to watch. We went there as we were some underdogs scrapping the bottom of the table for a single point... Puel got completely outwitted by Woy the dino, which is a feat in itself. He could be banging on and on about qualiteee and intensiteee for a hundred years but we'd still look just as gutless and clueless. Playing Ndidi and Mendy together week in week out regardless of their form is insane. Playing Vardy as a sole striker - the same. The guy has to go, surely. Forget about the 8th place, with our upcoming run of games we're going to be bottom 8 in January.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LCCFox96 said:

He did do that when he was first appointed and we looked red hot over the first 3-4months. Then he's tried to change it and it's been slow moving but if that was the plan agreed by everyone upon his appointment he was going to have to make that change or at least movement towards that change sooner rather than later. 

I’d prefer later rather than sooner as it takes a long time to build a team

Needs to bin the 4-2-3-1 system. Too rigid and never enough support to Vardy. Always more threatening when play 2 up front (great escape run/15-16 season). Even this season Newcastle away and Huddersfield at home, 2 wins and 5 goals, playing 2 upfront. Arguably our best 45 min performance of the season away at Arsenal, playing a 3-5-2, never to be seen again. Absolutely baffling why keeps persisting with this awful 4-2-3-1

We’re always crap: (2016 excepted)

- just before and over Christmas

-against Palace

-against any team on a poor run

-against any team losing their best players

-against sides managed by the owl

- when we are “restored to full strength”

- when we try to get to the next level up

• Like 1

What a woeful performance - slow to the ball so we were always second best, too many wayward passes giving possession away easily, failure to close down players on the edge of the area cost us, few ideas in the final third of the field and misfiring forwards. Am I the only one not to rate Ndidi? He had yet another poor game. So many times he gave the ball away needlessly. How many more times are we going to work the ball up to the edge of the penalty area only to take it back into our own half? 

I was prepared to give Puel a chance but we are getting no better. The players don't seem to have a clue what they should be doing. Surely it can't be that difficult for them to pass a ball to somebody wearing the same colour shirt.

1 minute ago, That_Dude said:

Because we wanted a long term builder who'd bring us to a more sustainable style of play and promote youth? Who would have come at that time? Do you forget where we were?

I agree that today was a shit show and just one shot on target simply isn't good enough. The persistence in playing with two ball winners in the middle and relying almost exclusively on the wings to create something whilst lacking a target man is irking me to no end. But on the other hand what choices does he have?

- We have a long lasting, massive problem in the midfield and Iborra and Silva didn't work out at all. Both of them didn't adapt to the Pl rhythm and it's not going to change, given their age. So who's going be there if we drop either Ndidi or Mendy?

- Vardy is completely out of form, it happens, and I don't buy this "no service" excuse. On his day he'd have buried the chance he got in the second half.

- Maddison has been rather disappointing until now, but I'm not forgetting that he's young and coming from a lower league.

- Nacho hasn't upped his game and I don't think he ever will.

- Gray shows no signs of improvement. Albrighton, while being a hard worker, is too predictable.

- Morgan/Maguire doesn't really work, Soyuncu is still adapting. What to do? Drop Maguire and play Evans? Ain't gonna happen.

It's still madness to get rid of him right now. Too much people see this team for much better than it is and still don't understand that we can't go back the old ways because we simply don't have enough quality in the midfield and no Mahrez upfront to make things happen. We don't have any outstanding player, some good ones yes, the rest is pretty much midtable. The actual performances reflects this accordingly.

I think that raises some sensible points, even though I said earlier that something would have to be done. But its hard to finish midtable if you don't put lower teams (Fulham and Palace for example) to the sword when you can.

Let's rewrind our history. Sack current manager, hire new one who will got a good run by back go basic method aka counter attack, then struggle again after bounce effect gone. 

If puel are sacked, then we should go higher for coach, do not just recruit coach around his level. We already have some and we shouldn't hire more.