Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Should Claude Puel be sacked or backed? Poll

Should Claude Puel be sacked?  

772 members have voted

1. 1. Should Claude Puel be sacked or backed?

• Sack.
    • Keep him and back him in the transfer window.

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

I'm saying i'm starting to feel like the latter.... as in we still have good opportunities so maybe now is the time to capitalise on them. 

I see.  Well, maybe, but does that mean you will see it as a mistake if this new manager doesnt get us into Europe?

The chances are he won't.  And then you might call for his head?

2 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

I see.  Well, maybe, but does that mean you will see it as a mistake if this new manager doesnt get us into Europe?

The chances are he won't.  And then you might call for his head?

No not at all, i'm not like that, hence the being staunchly Puel in until recent performances/fan feelings/player attitudes.

I just think it might be the best chance we have of still reaching that goal. 

9 minutes ago, Hanan96 said:

Slimani and ulloa aren't that option! They aren't prolific. They will only add aerial threat which Iborra will be able to do it. 

Would rather have new striker who beside prolific, could also played in wide areas, in case vardy got his form back. Also. Iheanacho should get loaned out

But the problem is, who's avaiable on this January? 

my point is we should have got that player in the summer when Ulloa and Slimani left or before 

Just now, chapero82 said:

my point is we should have got that player in the summer when Ulloa and Slimani left or before 

By that time, it's reasonable for not seeking for another striker. 

We are integrating Evans, Ricardo, Mendy, Madison, Ghezzal To the first team. That's already at least 5 player, most aren't from this league, not to count Chilwell are yet to be tested for defensive ability as well Gray,then also we want to develop amartey. 

Upfront, we have vardy, who are still looking in form by previous year performance, and nacho who are looking potential and on fire on pre season. 

Too many signing lurking for first team won't be good for any team, while our money are depleted as well. Upfront we look reasonable and we have Iborra if we need aerial threat. So it's much more reasonable for not buying new player, particularly striker by that time. 

What happen for now is unthinkable. Vardy suddenly struggle and missing couple one on one chances as well repeatedly injured. Nacho often disappear, nobody could predict this happen in the beggining of the season. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chapero82 said:

I don’t think he will go until the summer as I don’t expect Top to make any decision after what has happened! 

he knew the squad in the summer didn’t he? Then why is he still making the same mistakes? 

For a start we let Ulloa and Slimani go last January and then we do the same thing again this season and struggle! 

I am fed up of giving him time rubbish! 

He did the same to saints he didn’t learn with them either.

what we are seeing is Puel’s way but the Puel backers can’t see it!

When BBC radio Leicester interviewed a french sports reporter when we first signed him even said so! 

What utter twaddle,in putting the various Puel-in supporters in the same box,and arrogantly believing your way is the solution.

Then the audacity to use fisherwives comparisons to prove what a great researcher and analyst you must be!!!

your first points have put fair argument on the table...but your blaming the wrong person...I doubt he had any input ,once he declared his needs and wishes,

others would take the detail out of his hand,like many other clubs do..

The then present .4 -5 players in Vardy,Nacho,Shinji, maybe Gray/Diabate as your

Forwards, then every single one of them for various reasons,have not given Puel or us any reason "now" to believe that they can create a strike force.

At the beginning of the season,decision time!!!  They would of seemed safe bets to hold their own for this season,allowing club/Puel

to ditch within this year some of the surplus to requirements players...and invest next summer!! Also hoping with Maddison,a midfield could perform!!

It's not Puel'S failure that Ndidi,Iborra,Silva are struggling to cement a PL career at this level. Ndidi being the biggest conundrum!!

Again he has little to work with,because what seemed not great but decent investments,are failing miserably to realise that foreseen potential,

in our key positions. That then they can't hold up,or control a ball or even pass over 5meters.

the worst is they ain't fighting for their teammates,and when it comes, its late in the game(exceptions Manu & Watford).

Even if I say I understand the Puel criticism,...I am missing, (exception Vardy and defence) that feeling that the players want it!!! When they

come out to begin the gameday...and sorry I can't except because of some weird fans idea that Puel is some deep soul,that can drain the life

Out of young players desires and drive!!!

Edited by fuchsntf

16 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Surely he's only got himself to blame for not having the right players yet. He's been here over a year and is claiming the squad doesn't need adding to. Either his recruitment director and Rudkin have let him down or he's having fans make excuses up for the squad looking ill suited to his style. The hard facts are we look worse than we did last season, I know Mahrez was a genius but we are revolting now. 

It's pretty much the end of the road for him. 

Makes me wonder how much say he has over recruitment, or any manager here, but yes he’s had more than enough time to recruit suitable players 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

He hasnt had time..thats ths crucial point

He had a massive summer window, Maddison got potential, who has he signed that has changed anything.

It’s not just transfers, look at his selection decisions, baffles me at times.

Like I say, look at all my posts on puel, I have backed him until now, but if it’s more of the same up until the summer, I would get rid then, with a lot of players as well

1 minute ago, Monsell1976 said:

He had a massive summer window, Maddison got potential, who has he signed that has changed anything.

It’s not just transfers, look at his selection decisions, baffles me at times.

Like I say, look at all my posts on puel, I have backed him until now, but if it’s more of the same up until the summer, I would get rid then, with a lot of players as well

Still think we are halfway through a project and we may as well see it through

The players coming in under Puel have been good signings.  Even if we get rid of Puel after the summer I think the squad he leaves behind will be an improved squad and a team with a postitive future

36 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

What utter twaddle,in putting the various Puel-in supporters in the same box,and arrogantly believing your way is the solution.

Then the audacity to use fisherwives comparisons to prove what a great researcher and analyst you must be!!!

your first points have put fair argument on the table...but your blaming the wrong person...I doubt he had any input ,once he declared his needs and wishes,

others would take the detail out of his hand,like many other clubs do..

The then present .4 -5 players in Vardy,Nacho,Shinji, maybe Gray/Diabate as your

Forwards, then every single one of them for various reasons,have not given Puel or us any reason "now" to believe that they can create a strike force.

At the beginning of the season,decision time!!!  They would of seemed safe bets to hold their own for this season,allowing club/Puel

to ditch within this year some of the surplus to requirements players...and invest next summer!! Also hoping with Maddison,a midfield could perform!!

It's not Puel'S failure that Ndidi,Iborra,Silva are struggling to cement a PL career at this level. Ndidi being the biggest conundrum!!

Again he has little to work with,because what seemed not great but decent investments,are failing miserably to realise that foreseen potential,

in our key positions. That then they can't hold up,or control a ball or even pass over 5meters.

the worst is they ain't fighting for their teammates,and when it comes, its late in the game(exceptions Manu & Watford).

Even if I say I understand the Puel criticism,...I am missing, (exception Vardy and defence) that feeling that the players want it!!! When they

come out to begin the gameday...and sorry I can't except because of some weird fans idea that Puel is some deep soul,that can drain the life

Out of young players desires and drive!!!

Bielsa has done it with championship players yet Puel can’t do it with better players? 

17 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Surely he's only got himself to blame for not having the right players yet. He's been here over a year and is claiming the squad doesn't need adding to. Either his recruitment director and Rudkin have let him down or he's having fans make excuses up for the squad looking ill suited to his style. The hard facts are we look worse than we did last season, I know Mahrez was a genius but we are revolting now.

Come on, realistically he's had one proper transfer window, the first winter one he said himself that he didn't want to change anything as he felt like he had to give all the players a fair chance. I'm not sure we can argue with that. We've had and still got a ridiculous amount of surplus players who not only drain the budget, but bloat the squad. Whether it's him or Pep in charge, it's going to take time to get rid of all of those players and bring in players more suitable.

We have fixed the RB issue, CB's we're set for years now and the 10 issue is solved. Mahrez going has created another issue, I can't help but think he was let down on that one in the summer as there is no chance that Rachid was first choice. That along with CM are are now the two most obvious issues. Which I'm sure he's aware of, it's not like he's not seen the issues we all saw in other places and gone out to fix them.

As for not wanting players, how many times have we heard this? Pearson was the same, he'd always say he was happy with the squad. But he was constantly trying to change it, it's just political answers.

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, chapero82 said:

Bielsa has done it with championship players yet Puel can’t do it with better players? 

And there is the crux of the matter...

This forum after 3 seasons..3 managers ..it's the manager...it's the manager...it's the manager!!!

Have you ever thought that the players are simply not good enough for your expectations....!!!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Still think we are halfway through a project and we may as well see it through

The players coming in under Puel have been good signings.  Even if we get rid of Puel after the summer I think the squad he leaves behind will be an improved squad and a team with a postitive future

Who been a good signing, Maddison could be good, but has lots to learn, and pereira looks good, then basically all other signings have been poor or don’t get a look in.

If I could see a project I would stick by him, as I have till now, but I can see how he’s trying to play, but leaves out players that can play that way, albrighton crosses are his strength, one up top, pointless playing him.

Not creating chances, plays 2 defensive midfielders every week, losing a game, take a striker off and put gray up top on his own, mind boggling

I suppose I am in the minority then. I think Puel's building something here at Leicester, and I'd like to see what it will look like around this time next season. I don't think there's any pressure to make changes right now, because we're in no danger of relegation. At some point you have to stop switching managers every season, and stick with one. 

I fear that our desire for immediate results will erode the supporter's belief in what Puel is building. Like every other premier league club, we'll fire him and hire a more pragmatic manager who has bounced around in the premier league. Our results will pick up for a month or two, and then the same problems that plagued Puel will plague them as well. We will realize all too late that the issues during Puel's tenure have more to do with Leicester's squad, and less to do with Puel's management.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The thing with Puel is, he's making us lower our expectations time and again... Last seasons 9th place seemed a bit of disappointment at the time (Burnley were 7th, and that is within our reach, at last should be considering the budget). Now 9th place would be like last years 7th place! West Ham, Wolvalona, Bournemouth, Everton, Watford, Bournemouth, Brighton, not to mention all teams at the bottom which are flirting with relegation like Palace - when playing them we should set out to win yet Puel seems content with playing for a draw too often. I don't see us finishing top half of the table this season, unless teams around us will all be generous and drop more points that we do. There's a real danger of stagnation and going backwards under Puel. People say, we're slowly changing or progessing but I see more negative than positive signs. Give him another season people say... I heard that before! This is the season we were supposed to see the fruits of his labour here, and here we are, still trying to justify him and his "vision". Personally I don't mind our poor form and being bottom half that much. If we only werent so ****ing negative under Puel. It's criminally stubborn of him to persist with Ndidi & Mendy in the middle and lone striker upfront. I'm fed up with this.

I think bearing in mind the tragedy Top should persist with him until the end of season, then get rid (unless we're in relegation battle which isnt impossible in the light of recent form) but should be lining up eventual successors already. It's always a gamble of course but so is Puel to me, in the long run. I'd fancy Jardim, it seems realistic enough and he's attacking oriented manager.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chester Dontlie said:

The thing with Puel is, he's making us lower our expectations time and again... Last seasons 9th place seemed a bit of disappointment at the time (Burnley were 7th, and that is within our reach, at last should be considering the budget). Now 9th place would be like last years 7th place! West Ham, Wolvalona, Bournemouth, Everton, Watford, Bournemouth, Brighton, not to mention all teams at the bottom which are flirting with relegation like Palace - when playing them we should set out to win yet Puel seems content with playing for a draw too often. I don't see us finishing top half of the table this season, unless teams around us will all be generous and drop more points that we do. There's a real danger of stagnation and going backwards under Puel. People say, we're slowly changing or progessing but I see more negative than positive signs. Give him another season people say... I heard that before! This is the season we were supposed to see the fruits of his labour here, and here we are, still trying to justify him and his "vision". Personally I don't mind our poor form and being bottom half that much. If we only werent so ****ing negative under Puel. It's criminally stubborn of him to persist with Ndidi & Mendy in the middle and lone striker upfront. I'm fed up with this.

I think bearing in mind the tragedy Top should persist with him until the end of season, then get rid (unless we're in relegation battle which isnt impossible in the light of recent form) but should be lining up eventual successors already. It's always a gamble of course but so is Puel to me, in the long run. I'd fancy Jardim, it seems realistic enough and he's attacking oriented manager.

It was Puel who got us thinking we could finish 7th!  When he came in we were flirting with relegation

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

It was Puel who got us thinking we could finish 7th!  When he came in we were flirting with relegation

If I remember correctly we were 7th richest club in the Prem last year? That's where the high expectations are coming from. According to the recent list we're 8th (but still in top 20 in Europe). 

https://www.forbes.com/soccer-valuations/list/

I'd call 8th place at the end of the season a success. 

Edited by Chester Dontlie

2 minutes ago, Chester Dontlie said:

If I remember correctly we were 7th richest club in the Prem last year. That's where the high expectations are coming from. According to the recent list we're 8th (but still in top 20 in Europe). 

https://www.forbes.com/soccer-valuations/list/

I'd call 8th place at the end of the season a success

Fair enough.  But what would you call a failure?

Or rather, whats the worst result you could accept come season end?

Edited by AlloverthefloorYesNdidi

22 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Fair enough.  But what would you call a failure?

11-20th place. Obviously Id rather if we finished 12th than 18th. I agree with you that initially the expectations werent high when Puel came in and he did great in his first couple months but he had a decent strong squad (I disagree with those who blame the players/lack of depth in the first place for our results, for me #1 factor is the gaffer) last seasons finish left many of us underwhelmed. But it's football the expectations always change, every month and week as we play, talk about it and evaluate- and naturally our expectations grow higher or lower. At the start of the season I said if we finish 7-8th that would be fantastic but 9-10th still not bad, depending how we play. See, I'm good with 10th as we speak, but why cant we give the likes of Palace a good game - thats my main issue with Puel and his philosophy.

Edited by Chester Dontlie

32 minutes ago, Chester Dontlie said:

11-20th place. Obviously Id rather if we finished 12th than 18th. I agree with you that initially the expectations werent high when Puel came in and he did great in his first couple months but he had a decent strong squad (I disagree with those who blame the players/lack of depth in the first place for our results, for me #1 factor is the gaffer) last seasons finish left many of us underwhelmed. But it's football the expectations always change, every month and week as we play, talk about it and evaluate- and naturally our expectations grow higher or lower. At the start of the season I said if we finish 7-8th that would be fantastic but 9-10th still not bad, depending how we play. See, I'm good with 10th as we speak, but why cant we give the likes of Palace a good game - thats my main issue with Puel and his philosophy.

We can disagree on the squad then, thats fine. Although you must admit injuries have hampered us. No Maguire or Vardy for chunks of the season so far

Even so we still look like we'll end 9th/10th11th

Not exactly disaster thus far is it?

9 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

We can disagree on the squad then, thats fine. Although you must admit injuries have hampered us. No Maguire or Vardy for chunks of the season so far

Even so we still look like we'll end 9th/10th11th

Not exactly disaster thus far is it?

I think we forget how big amartey's injury hit how we had to play. With him when we attacked we switched to 3 at the back allowing the cm's to attack more and not defend as much. Now they have to defend more to cover the attacking full backs 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Attywolf said:

I think we forget how big amartey's injury hit how we had to play. With him when we attacked we switched to 3 at the back allowing the cm's to attack more and not defend as much. Now they have to defend more to cover the attacking full backs 

Things must be bad if we are relying on Daniel Amartey