Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Should Claude Puel be sacked or backed? Poll

Should Claude Puel be sacked?  

772 members have voted

1. 1. Should Claude Puel be sacked or backed?

• Sack.
    • Keep him and back him in the transfer window.

Keeping Puel as manager could end really badly for us. Our best players will want to leave either in January or the summer and absolutely no body in their right mind will want to join us. Suddenly we could find ourselves minus half the players and then the manager. Get rid now.

• Like 3

If there was the option to bring in Marco Rose of RB Salzburg to the Club. I might vote he goes.   But I say stay as we would most probably end up with some ex Premier League re-cycled Pension generator.  

Living In Austria, where the league is a better standard than the SPL, Salzburg play some wonderful football, plus their scouting net work is light years ahead of ours.

• Like 1

Bin asap, we're going backwards and I doubt the players are really enjoying this. I don't know who's available abroad but there's gotta be someone better suited to this club. Or offer Benitez a bumper package, or go short-term and give it to Fat Sam or Pearson for the rest of the season while we carry out negotiations with other people

There is no way we're getting anything from Chelsea or Man City next, and even Cardiff are picking up steam now so they'll probably get a point or three from us, then Everton... I'd be surprised if we are any higher than 14th this time next month. Something has got to change

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Buce said:

I think it’s also worth considering the value of stability after the emotional upheaval this club has undergone so recently. 

For that reason alone we should be giving it until the end of the season, regardless of opinions on Puel. 

I understand your point.... but what is the point of srable decline. ..of consistent failure?  Besause if our recent events i cut puel some slack... but he has used it up and more.

15 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

70/30 - approximately then so far.

I wonder if Top will make his move.

What's your gut feeling then? You've been very vocal against Puel for a while, do you think the hierarchy  are on the verge of changing to your point of view?

Who do you want?

21 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

70/30 - approximately then so far.

I wonder if Top will make his move.

My bigger concern is that all Southampton fans said this about his football and lack of goals etc yet our owners wanted him. Do the board not go and watch managers?

Even if we sack him they'll not get the next manager right.

Edited by Fox92

15 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

Well we're out of one by Wednesday

You obviously don't watch Leicester that much. :ph34r: if you did you'd know that we will probably beat ManCity and lose to Newport :thumbup:

We're Leicester City, that's  how we roll :scarf:;)

18 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

I understand your point.... but what is the point of srable decline. ..of consistent failure?  Besause if our recent events i cut puel some slack... but he has used it up and more.

No, I think you're missing my point entirely.

It's not about cutting Puel some slack, it's about recognising that the last thing the entire club needs is the upheaval of a managerial change. I suspect that the players and club officials haven't got over Vichai's death quite as quickly as the fans apparently have. I think we should actually be grateful that we're not mired in a relegation battle because I don't think that the players are psychologically strong enough to fight one. You and others may not be content with mid-table mediocrity, and I think we'd all like a bit more excitement, but under the circumstances, we should be accepting it for this season at least.

Interestingly, what I'm saying was very much the consensus in the immediate aftermath of Vichai's death.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

What's your gut feeling then? You've been very vocal against Puel for a while, do you think the hierarchy  are on the verge of changing to your point of view?

Who do you want?

I have no idea what the hierarchy will do.

I think it’s a close call for them though.

I’m undecided on who comes next in all honesty, it depends how much cash and how much they are willing/can spend in backing a new manager as to who they’ll get. Jardim is a name that springs to mind as he plays 442 with a variation on 4231 but will require probably two-three players to make this effective. He does post a really good record of man management and leadership which attracts me though I’m sceptical about some of his achievements when you look at the players he had at his disposal.

6 minutes ago, Buce said:

No, I think you're missing my point entirely.

It's not about cutting Puel some slack, it's about recognising that the last thing the entire club needs is the upheaval of a managerial change. I suspect that the players and club officials haven't got over Vichai's death quite as quickly as the fans apparently have. I think we should actually be grateful that we're not mired in a relegation battle because I don't think that the players are psychologically strong enough to fight one. You and others may not be content with mid-table mediocrity, and I think we'd all like a bit more excitement, but under the circumstances, we should be accepting it for this season at least.

Interestingly, what I'm saying was very much the consensus in the immediate aftermath of Vichai's death.

Yes i had your position too... but each game sonce has reminded me how dire things are.    It's a balance... poor football yet a need for stability... the difference is i have reached the point of calling for a change...

... if you are not there yet then you may  be there soon

2 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Yes i had your position too... but each game sonce has reminded me how dire things are.    It's a balance... poor football yet a need for stability... the difference is i have reached the point of calling for a change...

... if you are not there yet then you may  be there soon

No offence, but I'm not that fickle.

Puel gets till the end of the season from me for all the reasons mentioned.

• Like 2

I so desperately wanted him to prove me wrong this season but it’s just not going to happen.

He can’t motivate the players, his tactics are often mind boggling, as are his team selections and subs. He talks of a transition of style but the only noticeable change is that we have more of the ball but create less good chances. The football is excruciatingly dull and predictable. We don’t press teams when we should and we don’t impose ourselves on teams when it’s required.

It’s the same failings that he had at Southampton and with us last season. What makes people think it’s all of a sudden going to change? Nothing will change.

Make a change now before the transfer window and whilst this season can be salvaged.

• Like 4

When I watch us a play seeing us set up with Maddison, gray and vardy, I think we'll be bringing the ball central, short intricate passing, one-twos at the edge of the box, but no, we push the ball out wide where it gets booted across the box or pulled out to the edge of the box where ndidi smashes it over if we're lucky, if not the opposition break.

That's fine, so you expect them to work on that in training, you expect they'd give ndidi some shooting practice. It's like the season we couldn't score from a corner, it kept falling to Wes who either fouled or headed it over, so what to do? Get him heading crosses all day Infront of goal or get him standing on the half way line. You'd just expect a little more from the coaching of these pros who keep making the same mistakes, or am I being a little naive?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Swan Lesta said:

I have no idea what the hierarchy will do.

I think it’s a close call for them though.

I’m undecided on who comes next in all honesty, it depends how much cash and how much they are willing/can spend in backing a new manager as to who they’ll get. Jardim is a name that springs to mind as he plays 442 with a variation on 4231 but will require probably two-three players to make this effective. He does post a really good record of man management and leadership which attracts me though I’m sceptical about some of his achievements when you look at the players he had at his disposal.

I understand the swell of opinion. Whilst it's unlikely that they'll be delighted with what's being served up, I still think they will be desperate not to make that move this season if they can at all avoid it. If that's the case, I'm still with them on that.

It's getting tougher to defend each week, I'll concede that. Even allowing for the unbalanced squad, which isn't entirely his fault, the paucity of decent performances is concerning. I'm one that would say I expect us to be hit and miss with this squad but there's been too many 'miss' days (particularly in performance), especially recently.

Maybe my reticence is because I'm even more concerned with the ability of us to persuade (or even identify) a good replacement. Whilst the owners have made great decisions concerning the club in  the main, the management position is one where it's been painful at times with an obvious couple of exceptions.

Jardim seems to be a popular suggestion. I really don't know enough about him to offer an opinion. Where I do agree with you is that the next manager, if Puel is to be replaced, has to have an outstanding record in man management and leadership. That appears to have been lacking in every season since the title win.

• Like 2

Honestly think we'll stick with him until the end of the season at least. We arent going down, it would take a Peter Taylor esque collaspe to do that and we'll pick up enough points from the dross at home.

I say we only replace him IF we have a decent replacement lined up.

50 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

My bigger concern is that all Southampton fans said this about his football and lack of goals etc yet our owners wanted him. Do the board not go and watch managers?

Even if we sack him they'll not get the next manager right.

• Like 4