Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Should Claude Puel be sacked or backed? Poll

Should Claude Puel be sacked?  

772 members have voted

1. 1. Should Claude Puel be sacked or backed?

• Sack.
    • Keep him and back him in the transfer window.

11 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Did you see how Nacho was playing? He was fookin garbage. We need a better striker at the club.

even if he was, why not being on Okazaki then?

yes we definitely need a new striker, but he couldn’t honestly if thought soyuncu would of taken a better penalty then nacho AND okazaki?

1 minute ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Because Ricardo is a better player?

We need another striker thats clear

yes we do need a new striker. that’s for sure... 

but how can you even compare a defender and a striker? completely different players.  taking your only striker off and bringing  on a defender... when we finally had a little bit of something that second half, is just mind-boggling... 

totally bizare logic.

As I’ve said previously a couple of weeks back I was on the fence but I’ve now shifted to Puel out. 

If anything tonight’s match proves how single-minded Puel has been. Hamza was our best performer and he hasn’t had a sniff, which is baffling really considering recent performances...

Also, why on earth did he take Nacho off for Ricardo with 10 to go? Gray isn’t a striker and at that point we were in the ascendency and taking the game to them. I don’t understand it - if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. 

And if we’re being honest, I know we were playing a very good side, but did we ever really look like scoring before the goal? I know there’s an irony to saying that but a lack of creativity was evident and it’s happening all too often for me. 

Edited by Devonfox1884
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

It’s a cop out! Just making excuses 

Excuses for what, if he thought a 32 year old Vardy who has been struggling with injury could play every game, do you not think he'd play him!!

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Robin JD Popley said:

I think we need to act now. Get someone in before the New Year and allow them to get some new players in January.

Let's go through this, shall we?

>Sack Puel, effective immediately

>Get spanked next few matches culminating with a horror loss at home to Cardiff

>Appoint a mediocre or totally unproven manager after trying to grab the likes of Laurent Blanc and failing

>New manager bounce, grab 4-5 positive performances and some results

>Buy new players in window, spending extra money due to winter tax

>Everything slows down, new manager gets found out

>We're still mediocre a year from now, and sack this new coach because he hasn't built anything

This is literally what the likes of Watford have done the past 8 years or so, and it never works! Even Man U needed continuity to win stuff, to improve. If the club's management were not convinced that Puel could cut it here, they would already have sacked him, before letting him spend 100+ million pounds. He's not going anywhere, minimum until the summer...

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, MPH said:

when you take your only recognized striker off the pitch when you are at home, it’s 1-1, it’s a cup quarter final and  you have 8 minutes left then you are asking for trouble... and when 3 of the 4 penalty takers are defenders... that’s inexcusable.. 

if i could vote again, i would. 

he should have been putting another attacker on not taking the only one off!

Rightly or wrongly i'm gonna cut him some slack regarding the penalty takers, that is something you ask your players and they obviously felt comfortable doing it add to the fact they've took them in previous rounds, well and no-one even questioned it.

As for the point you make about taking the only recognised striker off (as poor as he was/is) when you are at home, just got an equaliser, 8 minutes left and the game was there for the taking, that is most definetly inexcusable! He's got previous history of doing that and other similar things aswell.

Whilst i've cut him some slack and can't point the finger at him for the penos it doesn't change anything for me, he still needs to go.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Let's go through this, shall we?

>Sack Puel, effective immediately

>Get spanked next few matches culminating with a horror loss at home to Cardiff

>Appoint a mediocre or totally unproven manager after trying to grab the likes of Laurent Blanc and failing

>New manager bounce, grab 4-5 positive performances and some results

>Buy new players in window, spending extra money due to winter tax

>Everything slows down, new manager gets found out

>We're still mediocre a year from now, and sack this new coach because he hasn't built anything

This is literally what the likes of Watford have done the past 8 years or so, and it never works! Even Man U needed continuity to win stuff, to improve. If the club's management were not convinced that Puel could cut it here, they would already have sacked him, before letting him spend 100+ million pounds. He's not going anywhere, minimum until the summer...

I'd love nothing more than stability but we need someone who we can all rally behind. 

There is a clear disconnect and he's been here for over a year now and it still has not got any better.

Claudio, Nigel - from day one, both of them were trying to strike that bond with us as fans. The whole thing feels wrong. He is probably a very nice man but he is not a good fit for our club. 

Just now, UniFox21 said:

No it isn't.

Why play him if he isn't fully fit and risk him being out for longer? Bench maybe, but if he isn't fit, don't risk it. 1 game out is better than missing a handful.

Why did we play him Saturday then?

Ok, people have been arguing all day "Ah Puel would have got slaughter not playing him Saturday but playing him tonight..." e.t.c, well i'm sorry if he's not fully fit why did we play him Saturday, there's an argument to be made he should have sat out both games.

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Excuses for what, if he thought a 32 year old Vardy who has been struggling with injury could play every game, do you not think he'd play him!!

Of course he would, he played in virtually every game last season didn't he? 

Puel knows he's the best striker we've got but his injury is delicate as a groin injury could be serious and a lengthy absence which we can't afford.

1 minute ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I now understand the phrase “haters gonna hate” 

Complaining about Nacho being subbed - FFS ! 

Yep. Ive been defending Nacho staunchly but he definitely didnt need to stay on. Wasnt having a good game

Cant understand people using today to beat Puel with. We dealt well with a good Man City team

13 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

But he then said he played the full 90 on Saturday after being out for a few weeks. You can't rush him back in if he isn't 100% fit, especially as he getting older.

Could at least be on the bench for the last 15. Think if we brought him on after going 1-1

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I now understand the phrase “haters gonna hate” 

Complaining about Nacho being subbed - FFS ! 

theres no no doubt he had a bad game but him on his own up front against their defense? a striker low in confidence and out of form  is going to struggle in that situation... Puel has to take some responsibility for that.

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Why did we play him Saturday then?

Ok, people have been arguing all day "Ah Puel would have got slaughter not playing him Saturday but playing him tonight..." e.t.c, well i'm sorry if he's not fully fit why did we play him Saturday, there's an argument to be made he should have sat out both games.

May have been fit for Saturday, but needed time to recover fully after playing 90 mins. It's not like he's a keeper who stands about all game, he's continually on the move.

But like you mentioned, Puel would've got sh4t on whatever he'd done. We simply don't know Vardys fitness level or his condition.

3 minutes ago, Corky said:

Of course he would, he played in virtually every game last season didn't he? 

Puel knows he's the best striker we've got but his injury is delicate as a groin injury could be serious and a lengthy absence which we can't afford.

Noted in our last home game he felt it go after a sprint, these injuries are the kinda ones that just pop up after an awkward landing or sudden stop.

The guys getting older and needs a bit longer to recover, I'm sure our sports guys know better than us all.

1 minute ago, Robin JD Popley said:

I'd love nothing more than stability but we need someone who we can all rally behind. 

There is a clear disconnect and he's been here for over a year now and it still has not got any better.

Claudio, Nigel - from day one, both of them were trying to strike that bond with us as fans. The whole thing feels wrong. He is probably a very nice man but he is not a good fit for our club. 

In this day and age, why on Earth does the manager need to pander to fans? The one thing they need to do is to make sure the team is as good as they can make it (whether Puel has succeeded here is another argument).

Sure it's nice when fans feel like they know the manager, when they feel really involved in their job, but that's just an illusion anyway? All the "team discontentment" seems to be bullshutt, they look like his players. He isn't a zombie - he's made a couple of jokes, he's been adequate in conferences. 

He hasn't actively gone out and spat in our faces, has he? What more do we need?

Just now, MPH said:

theres no no doubt he had a bad game but him on his own up front against their defense? a striker low in confidence and out of form  is going to struggle in that situation... Puel has to take some responsibility for that.

And what was our alternative 

Vardy - knives would be out if he aggravated an injury 

Shinji - not your go to alternative for goals 

You might hope that Nacho would be up for it against his old club but his confidence is shot 

We are striker lite because Nacho has dipped well below expectations