Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Should Claude Puel be sacked or backed? Poll

Should Claude Puel be sacked?  

772 members have voted

1. 1. Should Claude Puel be sacked or backed?

• Sack.
    • Keep him and back him in the transfer window.

9 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I’ve put backed, for all the reasons I gave a couple of weeks back. Like most, I’m dismayed at how we are playing, but we are a work in progress (I hope!) So it needs longer than this.

A work in progress should yield more positives in the time hes been here than can currently be seen. I'm torn between give him until the end of season or sack him if we still look dross after the next bunch of games.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I'm torn because personally I'd have binned him in summer, but I think it might be best for us to wait for the summer tbh

It kind of makes sense. keeps us up and allows us time to find someone better suited to us.

1 hour ago, bfox said:

It kind of makes sense. keeps us up and allows us time to find someone better suited to us.

My issue is then what we buy ruining the next two windows getting in players that are this managers targets and what we stand to lose as players heads are turned and our international talents start to think they’d like to be elsewhere.

9 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

My issue is then what we buy ruining the next two windows getting in players that are this managers targets and what we stand to lose as players heads are turned and our international talents start to think they’d like to be elsewhere.

This is a fair point.  Ideally we would have a sporting director with an understanding of the way we want to play ...and able to recruit players to fit this scheme... strengthen the squad  and provide options 

This would mean the manager would be appointed accepting this arrangenent.  I don't ruke out buying a player to fit in with a managers specific or preleculiar ideas.... but it would require discussion.

In this way we would avoid an incoming manager firesaling loads of players.

So... do the high ups have a blue print for the football lcfc should play?

9 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

172 people on this forum in denial crazy times lol 

Not really, the problems with the squad will be there, irrelevant of who comes in. January is one of the worst times to try to fix your issues and is a sellers market. He's picking up the pieces of poor business from the last 2 regimes, people are underestimating the scale of the job he has.

I don't deny we're playing poorly, just don't see the benefits of sacking him unless they find someone with the mentality to match us. 

Few managers will move mid-season, so whats the point in a filler till summer? Leave the guy who at least knows the squad to be in charge till summer to see if he turns it around.

56 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Not really, the problems with the squad will be there, irrelevant of who comes in. January is one of the worst times to try to fix your issues and is a sellers market. He's picking up the pieces of poor business from the last 2 regimes, people are underestimating the scale of the job he has.

I don't deny we're playing poorly, just don't see the benefits of sacking him unless they find someone with the mentality to match us. 

Few managers will move mid-season, so whats the point in a filler till summer? Leave the guy who at least knows the squad to be in charge till summer to see if he turns it around.

I don’t think he will go until the summer as I don’t expect Top to make any decision after what has happened! 

he knew the squad in the summer didn’t he? Then why is he still making the same mistakes? 

For a start we let Ulloa and Slimani go last January and then we do the same thing again this season and struggle! 

I am fed up of giving him time rubbish! 

He did the same to saints he didn’t learn with them either.

what we are seeing is Puel’s way but the Puel backers can’t see it!

When BBC radio Leicester interviewed a french sports reporter when we first signed him even said so! 

Edited by chapero82

1 minute ago, chapero82 said:

I don’t think he will go until the summer as I don’t expect Top to make any decision after what has happened! 

he knew the squad in the summer didn’t he? Then why is he still making the same mistakes? 

For a start we let Ulloa and Slimani go last January and then we do the same thing again this season and struggle! 

what we are seeing is Puel’s way but the Puel lovers can’t see it!

When BBC radio Leicester interviewed a french sports reporter when we first signed him even said so! 

I agree, unless we drop into serious trouble he won't go and Top will give him the season at least.

Ulloa wanted out and had come out and said it regularly, Slimani and Vardy had issues and with Vardy reportedly refusing to sign a deal unless Slimani went, who are you going to side with? 

Yeah he pulled in players in our weakest positions, but didn't reach everything given the disruption of the WC and the wage bill we have due to the high earners.

Honestly you lose credibility the minute you start generalizing "Puel Lovers".

And citing radio leicester as a credible source isn't great either. 

5 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

what we are seeing is Puel’s way but the Puel lovers can’t see it!

Why should we keep slimani and ulloa? Vardy is our main man in no 9 role, ulloa is not that prolific, while slimani, aside from hit and miss form, didn't do well in deeper role. He didn't impress at fenerbahce either. Iheanacho aren't good but in the choice of 2 not so good striker, the latter is younger and will have potential to improve. Slimani is 29 and surely go decline soon. 

The only reason he is good is simple. He's not playing here atm. Grass is greener in the other sides. 

For 2 season since title win we twice heading towards relegation, while our best team are aging and will be decline soon. 

This season majority of our squad are younger, will be able to improve. Mid table with younger is much better than mid table with aging squad,as the aging will be decline and worse while younger will be able to improve. 

Our play recently hasn't good, but so before. Past title win we also did, if not worse. The season after, The likes of Huddersfield game were also as bad. Both with the aging squad. 

I'm not puel lover, I see that his sack will not solve all problem and made us world beater at all. Our problem is bigger than just that, while our project might able to solve in year or two (yet is barely half year) 

9 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I agree, unless we drop into serious trouble he won't go and Top will give him the season at least.

Ulloa wanted out and had come out and said it regularly, Slimani and Vardy had issues and with Vardy reportedly refusing to sign a deal unless Slimani went, who are you going to side with? 

Yeah he pulled in players in our weakest positions, but didn't reach everything given the disruption of the WC and the wage bill we have due to the high earners.

Honestly you lose credibility the minute you start generalizing "Puel Lovers".

And citing radio leicester as a credible source isn't great either. 

It wasn’t supposed to say Puel lovers ? stupid  iPhone lol 

but regarding BBC radio Leicester how you can say having a reporter who has watched and reported on many of a Puel’s games not credible? Just because he’s on BBC radio Leicester I’m sorry but that is a load codswallop! 

I’m not saying keep Slim and Ulloa but if you do let them go, get replacements in as you learnt from last season you need another option instead of having I don’t how many crosses into the box for nobody in the box to head them! 

Edited by chapero82

4 minutes ago, Hanan96 said:

Why should we keep slimani and ulloa? Vardy is our main man in no 9 role, ulloa is not that prolific, while slimani, aside from hit and miss form, didn't do well in deeper role. He didn't impress at fenerbahce either. Iheanacho aren't good but in the choice of 2 not so good striker, the latter is younger and will have potential to improve. Slimani is 29 and surely go decline soon. 

The only reason he is good is simple. He's not playing here atm. Grass is greener in the other sides. 

For 2 season since title win we twice heading towards relegation, while our best team are aging and will be decline soon. 

This season majority of our squad are younger, will be able to improve. Mid table with younger is much better than mid table with aging squad,as the aging will be decline and worse while younger will be able to improve. 

Our play recently hasn't good, but so before. Past title win we also did, if not worse. The season after, The likes of Huddersfield game were also as bad. Both with the aging squad. 

I'm not puel lover, I see that his sack will not solve all problem and made us world beater at all. Our problem is bigger than just that, while our project might able to solve in year or two (yet is barely half year) 

We need another option is my point! Vardy has been out quite a few games this season and we

needed someone else to come in!

5 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

It wasn’t supposed to say Puel lovers ? stupid  iPhone lol 

but regarding BBC radio Leicester how you can say having a reporter who has watched and reported on many of a Puel’s games not credible? Just because he’s on BBC radio Leicester I’m sorry but that is a load codswallop! 

Okay put it like this; each reporter has their own agenda and own views. For instance ask Stringer about the NP era near the end and he'd probably have a significantly different view to others. Same may be with the French reporter. You can't take one man's word as gospel 

On 16/12/2018 at 08:53, Fox92 said:

My bigger concern is that all Southampton fans said this about his football and lack of goals etc yet our owners wanted him. Do the board not go and watch managers?

Even if we sack him they'll not get the next manager right.

This is the fly in the ointment for me. I have said for some time he’s no good for us and it won’t work, and therefore an advocate for getting rid.

However, their past performance in making appointments begs the question; do they actually know what they should be looking for in a candidate to get the best out of modern day players? 

The caveat has to be sack him by all means but ffs get the replacement right. It is so, so important, and while you can’t say money shouldn’t be a consideration, it’s clear to me that having to spend big to get the right man shouldn’t really be a  problem given all the money the players are paid and the amount that’s swilling around at the club in general.

?

3 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

Yes exactly;it’s a right conundrum.

However, I believe I have said it before, our best players will leave as soon as they can with this guy at the helm.

3 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

The key people that do the business for the last 2 regimes are still here though so what's gonna change?

I realise that can be used in support of Puel, something I mentioned when he first arrived.

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

The key people that do the business for the last 2 regimes are still here though so what's gonna change?

I realise that can be used in support of Puel, something I mentioned when he first arrived.

Didn't think of that, hopefully he has more of a view on players than previously?

One of the key things that is moving me over from Puel In is the thought that someone new could deliver us Europe through a cup win or even a late push for 6th which is still very much up for Grabs.

Doing that would mean next summers window we can target players who want to play in Europe and are doing well for clubs who haven't qualified.

People like Doucoure at Watford, Callum Wilson and Fraser at Bournemouth etc etc and of course plenty of overseas options. 

If we don't qualify it'll be another window of Ghezzals and championship prospects.  

2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

One of the key things that is moving me over from Puel In is the thought that someone new could deliver us Europe through a cup win or even a late push for 6th which is still very much up for Grabs.

Doing that would mean next summers window we can target players who want to play in Europe and are doing well for clubs who haven't qualified.

People like Doucoure at Watford, Callum Wilson and Fraser at Bournemouth etc etc and of course plenty of overseas options. 

If we don't qualify it'll be another window of Ghezzals and championship prospects.  

Setting yourself up to be disappointed immediately when a new manager would most probably fail to deliver this

1 minute ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Setting yourself up to be disappointed immediately when a new manager would most probably fail to deliver this

Still got a slim chance on Tuesday, Still have the entirety of the FA Cup and still (despite being god awful lately) only 4 points off United... 

4 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Still got a slim chance on Tuesday, Still have the entirety of the FA Cup and still (despite being god awful lately) only 4 points off United... 

Am I reading you right? You are saying with Puel we still have these opportunities?  Or are you saying we should sack him and get a new manager in who will také advantage of these opportunities?

1 minute ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Am I reading you right? You are saying with Puel we still have these opportunities?  Or are you saying we should sack him and get a new manager in who will také advantage of these opportunities?

I'm saying i'm starting to feel like the latter.... as in we still have good opportunities so maybe now is the time to capitalise on them. 

2 hours ago, chapero82 said:

We need another option is my point! Vardy has been out quite a few games this season and we

needed someone else to come in!

Slimani and ulloa aren't that option! They aren't prolific. They will only add aerial threat which Iborra will be able to do it. 

Would rather have new striker who beside prolific, could also played in wide areas, in case vardy got his form back. Also. Iheanacho should get loaned out

But the problem is, who's avaiable on this January?