Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Next game, Tuesday: against Manchester City (EFL Cup, quarter-final)

Our recent run has been absolutely shocking, had we picked up a couple of wins against Palace/Fulham/Brighton/West Ham/Burnley then we could have prioritised tonight a little more but now I can’t help but think we’re in a relegation fight without knowing it, I can’t see us getting points against Chelsea, Man City and Everton and come the middle of January we could be in trouble so tonight all of a sudden isn’t that important.

14 minutes ago, WarehamFox said:

Passed the Man City coach on the M69 about a hour ago, guessing it’s come down empty and will pick the players up from airport/train station later? If the players were on board what on earth would they do in Leicester for 8 hours before kickoff? 

Going to Birdworld. Zinchenko wanted to meet a parrot.

1 minute ago, MCFC said:

I don't se this being an easy win for either team. We'll play something like this:

Muric

Walker

Kompany

Otamendi

Zinchenko

Fernandinho

Foden

De Bruyne

Mahrez

Aguero

Sané

1-1, someone wins on penalties.

Comfortable win for MC if that's your team mate 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MCFC said:

I don't se this being an easy win for either team. We'll play something like this:

Muric

Walker

Kompany

Otamendi

Zinchenko

Fernandinho

Foden

De Bruyne

Mahrez

Aguero

Sané

Have you seen Leicester play football recently?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MCFC said:

Muric

Walker

Kompany

Otamendi

Zinchenko

Fernandinho

Foden

De Bruyne

Mahrez

Aguero

Sané

Kompany is on B team nowadays? 

3 minutes ago, MCFC said:

Muric

Walker

Kompany

Otamendi

Zinchenko

Fernandinho

Foden

De Bruyne

Mahrez

Aguero

Sané

Thanks for trying to make us feel better but you really don’t have to. Comfortable Man City win tonight I’m afraid 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rachhere said:

It can't have helped, but surely the fact it's televised and we are playing Man City twice in a week is also a factor here?

Plus Christmas next week as well, so people not wanting to shell out for tickets. 

9 minutes ago, MCFC said:

Muric

Walker

Kompany

Otamendi

Zinchenko

Fernandinho

Foden

De Bruyne

Mahrez

Aguero

Sané

If you turn up with that side and we play what is rumoured the game will be done within an hour.

8 minutes ago, MCFC said:

Muric

Walker

Kompany

Otamendi

Zinchenko

Fernandinho

Foden

De Bruyne

Mahrez

Aguero

Sané

That team if correct will hammer us. Sorry to say it but I can see 0-4 man city 

11 minutes ago, MCFC said:

Muric

Walker

Kompany

Otamendi

Zinchenko

Fernandinho

Foden

De Bruyne

Mahrez

Aguero

Sané

I know nothing should shock us any more when it comes to finances but that’s a heavily rotated City team which cost at least £300 million to assemble.

Whether or not our knacked centre forward is selected we’re enormous outsiders for this.

Edited by ttfn

22 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Can’t believe people are losing their shit over the fact that a player who got injured in the World Cup , then nursed through his injury at beginning of the season , looked no where near fit for a good few games , gets re-injured and is out for a couple more games just gets back and is expected to start 2 games in 4 days . Oh he started last game so he must be fit Jeeeese.if he was fully fit he’d start simples 

No one is questioning his injury. People are questioning prioritising the leagues games rather than the cup quarter final.

If there was a chance that he couldn't play two games so close together then he should have been on the bench on Saturday.

5 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Soooo, sack the manager?

Or he could try and do something about it instead of seemingly persisting with it for 12 fecking months+...

By the way, it was a sarcasm, a little joke, playing on the comments of "Without Mahrez, Leicester is just are rugby team", Don't take it so seriously, abit of jest here and there, jeez...

:fishing:

Edited by Matt
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, MCFC said:

Muric

Walker

Kompany

Otamendi

Zinchenko

Fernandinho

Foden

De Bruyne

Mahrez

Aguero

Sané

If that's your starting 11 and we play as we have recently, that would be a 3-0 defeat for us at best.

That said, i'm unsure who Muric is?    is he a one legged, no armed, blind 60 year old?  in that case, 3-2 defeat.

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

Or he could try and do something about it instead of seemingly persisting with it for 12 fecking months+...

He exactly has tried to do something about it.  He's trying to spread the play throughout the team instead of a rely-on-one-star approach

Turns out we relied quite a lot on Mahrez and you dont just make up for losing a player like that in the blink of an eye, at least a club like ours cant

Edited by AlloverthefloorYesNdidi
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

He exactly has tried to do something about it.  He's trying to spread the play throughout the team instead of a rely-on-on-star approach

Turns out we relied quite a lot on Mahrez and you dont just make up for losing a player like that in the blink of an eye, at least a club like ours cant

Oh, ok, well it's not working then.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Ricey said:

If there was a chance that he couldn't play two games so close together then he should have been on the bench on Saturday.

And the same people would be moaning about him not playing against Palace, like they did about resting a couple for Fulham. Because a certain section don't pass up any opportunity to slag him off about something.

"Why you dropped Wilf"

"Drop Wilf"

"Rest Vardy"

"Why you rested Vardy

"He needs a plan B"

Tries a different formation "Why's he changing formation again"

"He should try other players, it's not working"

"He changes the team too much and tries too many players"

There is plenty to moan at him for, but the sheer desperation at times to find something, despite it clashing with what the same people have already said a week or so before absolutely boggles the mind at times.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Matt said:

It's just dawned on me, without Mahrez we are just a rugby team, sideways and backwards passing! :crylaugh:

Ohhhh... so that explains some of Kasper's clearances into touch as well!

(Sorry Kasper... I do love you, but you did have a bit of a nightmare with that against Fulham)

• Haha 1

Biggest match of the season so far, isn't it? So best possible team out tonight, please, even if that means a hammering at Chelsea.

I long ago assumed that we'd finish mid-table. Barring a miraculous improvement, we're not good enough to challenge for Europa League except via cups - but not bad enough to go down.

If we can somehow pull a one-off outstanding performance or just get lucky tonight, we're in the semis with a 1/3 chance of playing Boro or Burton.

I'd gladly accept a scabby win via penalties or something tonight in exchange for 0-7 tonkings at Chelsea and on Boxing Day.

Come on, Leicester! Pull an exceptional performance out of nowhere, please! :thumbup:

23 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

A  poor Rugby team.

No passion, desire or penetration in the final third.

13 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Ohhhh... so that explains some of Kasper's clearances into touch as well!

(Sorry Kasper... I do love you, but you did have a bit of a nightmare with that against Fulham)

Atleast you two understand my sarcasm and joke, however poor it may have been.

For the record Kasper's clearances and distribution have always generally been poor, i'm not sure where pundits and fans get the opinion it's good from, he gets the distance on it (Perhaps that's what they mean when they describe it as good) but the direction - it could go anywhere, normally as you into touch.

Just for clarification so people don't get upset or take it the wrong way - I'm not blaming Puel for that, note, I said 'always generally been poor'.

Edited by Matt