Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Next game, Tuesday: against Manchester City (EFL Cup, quarter-final)

8 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

If you have a moment, read this set of tweets between Sharpe and Percy. 

Sharpe spot on

We needed a league win. It was important to play Vardy. He's got this groin injury so needs to be managed

If we had been up at Palace i'm sure he'd have taken Vardy off.  Taking him off when we needed a goal and he'd have been rightly criticised

If vardy can play 45 minutes tonight and still be good to start at the weekend  (we can take points of Chelsea) then i'm happy with Puel's decision

Edited by AlloverthefloorYesNdidi
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Sharpe spot on

We needed a league win. It was important to play Vardy. He's got this groin injury so needs to be managed

If we had been up at Palace i'm sure he'd have taken vardy off and he'd have been rightly criticised

If vardy can play 45 minutes tonight and still be good to start at the weekend  (we can take points of Chelsea) then i'm happy with Puel's decision

Sharpe is spot on, but his argument died as soon as Laurie whitwell, his colleague, published a similar story lol 

Edited by AjcW

7 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Sharpe spot on

If we had been up at Palace i'm sure he'd have taken vardy off and he'd have been rightly criticised

It's the idea that s important!!!  Vardy is no God...and neither is Puel,

so the end result is not important,so that one can lay down a barrage of critic..

(Not you intended:D ).  These next 3 games, can give us a cheery christmas/New year....or..... Write your own script

Edited by fuchsntf

Puels  comments about mahrez yesterday make me laugh. Mahrez went on a self imposed strike yet we're  all ment to ignore that. What he did was an absolute disgrace, does a player being a part of the title winning team mean we should just put up with things like that ? He was great for us but what he did was unforgivable. 

6 hours ago, That_Dude said:

Would you rather play him tomorrow and risk seeing him out for a couple of weeks if not months? Who's going to step up if we lose him?

If it's a risk playing him tomorrow it was an even bigger risk playing him Saturday. 

Either way to have him on the bench tonight is a cock up given its our most important game over this period.

2 minutes ago, dnewty said:

Puels  comments about mahrez yesterday make me laugh. Mahrez went on a self imposed strike yet we're  all ment to ignore that. What he did was an absolute disgrace, does a player being a part of the title winning team mean we should just put up with things like that ? He was great for us but what he did was unforgivable. 

He did what he did because he was given assurances by LCFC that if he stayed another year he would then be allowed to leave. Had his agent actually been smart enough to confirm the money that would be acceptable then much of the drama could have been avoided but Mahrez’s frustration for me was understandable.

3 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

He did what he did because he was given assurances by LCFC that if he stayed another year he would then be allowed to leave. Had his agent actually been smart enough to confirm the money that would be acceptable then much of the drama could have been avoided but Mahrez’s frustration for me was understandable.

Well take your frustration out on your agent then. Not the people who are paying your wages. It was a total lack of professionalism

Edited by dnewty

4 minutes ago, MattP said:

If it's a risk playing him tomorrow it was an even bigger risk playing him Saturday. 

Either way to have him on the bench tonight is a cock up given its our most important game over this period.

If he didnt play against Palace and it was his first game back today he would have no match fitness.  He wouldnt have played a competitive game for a while. That is an important issue

This way he's got recent minutes under his belt keeping him a bit sharp and hopefully he can put in a solid 45 minutes tonight, aaand we're not overtaxing him with his groin issue, perhaps keeping him well for Chelsea

Its very easy to argue it either way depending on your agenda.  Except what I just said is the right way to look at it

4 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

If he didnt play against Palace and it was his first game back today he would have no match fitness.  He wouldnt have played a competitive game for a while. That is an important issue

This way he's got recent minutes under his belt keeping him a bit sharp and hopefully he can put in a solid 45 minutes tonight, aaand we're not overtaxing him with his groin issue, perhaps keeping him well for Chelsea

Its very easy to argue it either way depending on your agenda.  Except what I just said is the right way to look at it

Why are we so concerned about Chelsea? We are most probably going to lose it anyway and in the grand scheme of things it's an irrelevant match.

This is a cup QF with a potential Semi against Middlesbrough or Burton Albion.

We made the same mistake last season and missed out on Bristol City in the SF - to do it again the year after would be unforgivable. 

Edited by MattP

10 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Lol so we're now aiming for premier league survival. 

It was European qualification 6 weeks ago.

Strange how there's literally no quote from Puel saying that, nor does he say we're not prioritising the cup, if anything the opposite ("It’s important for all the squad to try to continue this journey in the cup. It is a possibility to win something at the end of the season".) Almost like the headline is sensationalised...

• Like 1

Just now, The Doctor said:

Strange how there's literally no quote from Puel saying that, nor does he say we're not prioritising the cup, if anything the opposite ("It’s important for all the squad to try to continue this journey in the cup. It is a possibility to win something at the end of the season".) Almost like the headline is sensationalised...

Making changes and playing Hamza and Simpson does give the impression we are not prioritising the cup.

9 minutes ago, MattP said:

Why are we so concerned about Chelsea? We are most probably going to lose it anyway and in the grand scheme of things it's an irrelevant match.

This is a cup QF with a potential Semi against Middlesbrough or Burton Albion.

We made the same mistake last season and missed out on Bristol City in the SF - to do it again the year after would be unforgivable. 

We'll see what Puel does.  He might put out a strong team.  Its all very well saying we should prioritise this, but we certainly had to prioritise Palace.  And we do need to rest players, we have injuries

And the entertainment vultures on here wont brook us throwing away the game to Chelsea will they?  They will want us to play a depleted team to match a depleted Man City team and use our best team against a good Chelsea team for maximo entertainment credits no?

Edited by AlloverthefloorYesNdidi
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevosevic said:

Making changes and playing Hamza and Simpson does give the impression we are not prioritising the cup.

Eh, depends on who the changes are. If it's Simpson behind Ricardo, ok - that set up with Amartey looked good prior to Dan's injury, and CM has been a bit sloppy the last two games.

12 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Lol so we're now aiming for premier league survival. 

It was European qualification 6 weeks ago.

We only need 18 points and won't be in a relegation fight unless something goes massively wrong.

It was European qualification only for people deluded enough to think we even were in a position to do so.

5 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

We'll see what Puel does.  He might put out a strong team.  Its all very well saying we should prioritise this, but we certainly had to prioritise Palace.  And we do need to rest players, we have injuries

And the entertainment vultures on here wont brook us throwing away the game to Chelsea will they?  They will want us to play a depleted team to match a depleted Man City team and use our best team against a good Chelsea team for maximo entertainment credits no?

Why did we have to prioritise Palace over this?

I actually disagree with you on the last point - I think many would have a lot of respect if Puel did that and then was honest, telling fans we are going all out to try and win something isn't something that would strike me as being unpopular at all.

Edited by MattP

Just now, MattP said:

Why did we have to prioritise Palace over this?

I actually disagree with you on the last point - I think many would have a lot of respect of Puel did that and then was honest, telling fans we are going all out to try and win something isn't something that would strike me as being unpopular at all.

Everyone on here was saying Palace was a priority game because we have a tough run of fixtures

You can say that but if we put out a shit team for Palace and a shit team for Chelsea and lost this anyway!

Come on MattP, cant you see what a gamble that is and likely outcome and everyone would hammer Puel for it as they do for everything

The fact is that rotation needs to happen in this period.  Lets see what team he puts out anyway, we dont know yet

• Like 1