Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Next game, Tuesday: against Manchester City (EFL Cup, quarter-final)

De Bruyne in line to start, Man City's best player, not fully fit.

Why oh why does it feel like the slightest excuse Puel gets to drop JV, he does?

I'm pretty sure Vardy is leaking these stories to Percy, and he's doing it because he's pissed off. Not that I'm excusing it but I can see the frustration.

Edited by Fosse93

Just now, Fosse93 said:

Why oh why does it feel like the slightest excuse Puel gets to drop JV he does?

I'm pretty sure Vardy is leaking these stories to Percy, and he's doing it because he's pissed off. Not that I'm excusing it but I can see the frustration.

Not really the same, is it? 

City lose KDB; up steps the likes of Aguero, Sterling, Mahrez, Sane, both Silva's. We lose vardy and we have very few options.

But I agree with you last point fully.

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

lol

But he's right. Managers are judged on results first. Micky Adams' team had some thrilling matches in 2003/04 but were people happy about being entertained when we were relegated?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Corky said:

But he's right. Managers are judged on results first. Micky Adams' team had some thrilling matches in 2003/04 but were people happy about being entertained when we were relegated?

Exactly and he's setting up far too often not to lose games or draw them, something as I was saying earlier Shakespeare got lambasted for.

The results aren't exactly fantastic.

Edited by Matt

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Exactly and he's setting up far too often not to lose games or draw them, something as I was saying earlier Shakespeare got lambasted for.

The results aren't exactly fantastic.

They aren't and that is primarily why he is under pressure. Entertaining football is subjective- we might disagree on what we find entertaining or enjoyable. Results are fact- a manager can point to how many games he's won and no-one can argue against that.

He needs wins, however they arrive.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Disgusting if he prioritises an almost guaranteed loss in an away league game in London on Saturday over a home game that could leave us on the verge of winning a cup. 

Hamza Choudhury and Danny Simpson, who couldn't even get a sniff in the early rounds and yet now will start against the best team in England. Beggars belief.

I genuinely don’t believe what I’m reading - he’s lost it. Up until a couple of weeks ago I was on the fence but I can’t deal with his crap football anymore. 

And now he’s not going to use the players that play the best crap football. Can’t wait. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Fosse93 said:

Why oh why does it feel like the slightest excuse Puel gets to drop JV, he does?

Kinda different in that De Bruyne is coming back from an injury and needs the match time, while Vardys been trying to play through an injury for months and needs to be managed properly to avoid aggravating it further. Frankly if we had some genuine depth up there I'd just not be playing Vardy and send him to get the op.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

If we had a 50,000 stadium and played the football you do we'd fill it every week.

Your not a proper elite football club and never will be. 

The ground is full every week.  What do you mean a proper elite football club.  You mean one that won trophies for decades until they became really popular.  Club's grow.   I thought a Leicester fan would get that.  Are Leicester not a proper football club then because you don't get 75k?  I wasn't trolling so don't expect to get trolled.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Not really the same, is it? 

City lose KDB; up steps the likes of Aguero, Sterling, Mahrez, Sane, both Silva's. We lose vardy and we have very few options.

But I agree with you last point fully.

David Silva is injured.  Just info.  I take your point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

Interesting how the press seem to always know whenever Vardy is being "dropped" at least 24 hours in advance.

1 hour ago, harpendenfox said:

Whatever we think of the manager, for someone to leak team information the night before a game is not on

People in the press get whiffs of team news from various sources. Iborra in for Ndidi, for example, is not headline grabbing whereas our main striker being left out / rested / dropped etc is.

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

If you have a moment, read this set of tweets between Sharpe and Percy. 

James is pretty much the only journalist to relentlessly support Puel which is totally his right to do so because he views it that way.

Lots of others in the media have been told stories from behind the scenes over the past 10 months and they build a picture from that, to go alongside some of the dross we've seen on the field.

Everyone sees things differently, it's the same for fans and journalists.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

If we had a 50,000 stadium and played the football you do we'd fill it every week.

Your not a proper elite football club and never will be. 

Well that was a classy reply to someone who came in peace and just wanted to talk football.

Keep it up.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Naz said:

The ground is full every week.  What do you mean a proper elite football club.  You mean one that won trophies for decades until they became really popular.  Club's grow.   I thought a Leicester fan would get that.  Are Leicester not a proper football club then because you don't get 75k?  I wasn't trolling so don't expect to get trolled.

Don't pay attention to this kind of posts, pal. They ain't worth it.

To answer your question, I personally don't think we'll be able to stop you unless we manage to pull off a miracle. Our squad is actually quite unbalanced, we have new young players settling in and a big problem in the midfield hampering our transition from offensive to defensive phases. Vardy, if he plays, is a bit out of form, we don't have any real alternative and Mahrez is now on your side.

As for people being unfair towards Puel, aside from a vociferating small minority who wanted his head before he even managed one game, fans are understandably frustrated by the inconsistent performances of the team and the patience of some is running out. Others take into account that he had and still has a lot of (dirty) work to do, and accept that we're bound to see some good games mixed with abject performances like our last game against Palace. He'll get the end of the season at least, however if we slide or things don't significantly improve in the next months, he might get the boot in the summer.

I don't think that he'll set us up defensively because we'll get torn apart if we sit back and wait for you. We simply can't let you play from the back, nor let Fernandinho pull the strings between your defense and attack, or we'll get killed. I hope we put up a good fight with the strongest possible team and who knows, we might even win.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MattP said:

We are getting nothing from Chelsea anyway, we are mid table, aren't qualifying for Europe through the league or going down.

The cups should now be the priority for this season, even more so given what's happened off the pitch.

Would you rather play him tomorrow and risk seeing him out for a couple of weeks if not months? Who's going to step up if we lose him?

• Like 1