Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Next game, Tuesday: against Manchester City (EFL Cup, quarter-final)

57 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Ward

Ricardo  Soyunco  Maguire  Fuchs

Mendy  Maddison

Gray  Ghezzal  Albrighton

Iheanacho

Like that, worth a try. It would be interesting to see Maddison in a different midfield role, Soyuncu needs games under his belt against top opposition with the proviso that he and Maguire don't dash forward at the same time. I also think Ghezal looks more comfortable in the number 10 role.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, volpeazzurro said:

Like that, worth a try. It would be interesting to see Maddison in a different midfield role, Soyuncu needs games under his belt against top opposition with the proviso that he and Maguire don't dash forward at the same time. I also think Ghezal looks more comfortable in the number 10 role.

Yeah, I would certainly be interesting in at least seeing it.  It might be a terrible idea it might not work but would like to have a look and it would certainly give us options for more creativity.  X

Edited by RumbleFox

5 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Yeah, I would certainly be interesting in at least seeing it.  It might be a terrible idea it might not work but would like to have a look and it would certainly give us options for more creativity.  X

Just so long as he puts in a bit more effort than he did for Palace's goal at the weekend. As an attacking midfielder that sort of lack of application is frustrating at the very least - as a centre mid it's unforgivable.

Just now, Xen said:

Just so long as he puts in a bit more effort than he did for Palace's goal at the weekend. As an attacking midfielder that sort of lack of application is frustrating at the very least - as a centre mid it's unforgivable.

I would be at least interesting in seeing how he does rather than slagging him off for what he might do.  X

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RumbleFox said:

I would be at least interesting in seeing how he does rather than slagging him off for what he might do.  X

Fair. Didn't mean to come across as slagging him off. If he can focus and apply himself fully in the position then I'd like to see how he does as a CM as well.

Then again, that kind of application has been missing from some of our players for a while now, even when playing in their natural positions lol

Just now, Xen said:

Fair. Didn't mean to come across as slagging him off. If he can focus and apply himself fully in the position then I'd like to see how he does as a CM as well.

Then again, that kind of application has been missing from some of our players for a while now, even when playing in their natural positions lol

Yeah, I reacted too quickly as always.  :)  Would be interesting to see him there for a game, at least as an experiment.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Ward

Mendy  Maddison

Iheanacho

Personally would swap Mendy for Iborra, would give height and quality on the ball. Also would act as a base to develop attacks from with him sitting back.

2 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Ward

Mendy  Maddison

Iheanacho

Nearly everyone has hammered Maddison since Saturday for his lack of work rate.. Then folks pick him

in CM.. Against the best team in the land for passing the ball around. Gulp!

Puel will probably be his usual cautious self and set us up to “contain” them - which we might do for a while, before Man City eventually find a way through due to a moment of quality (as per the Spurs game) or a defensive mistake. 

After this we might rally, but will struggle to get back into the game with only one man up front and <30% possession. 

There will be some substitutions, but too late and without Vardy we probably won’t be able to get back into the game anyway - by which time Man City will probably have added to their lead. 

Would love to be proved wrong but I just can’t see it happening for us tonight... 

5 minutes ago, leicesterseddon said:

Puel will probably be his usual cautious self and set us up to “contain” them - which we might do for a while, before Man City eventually find a way through due to a moment of quality (as per the Spurs game) or a defensive mistake. 

After this we might rally, but will struggle to get back into the game with only one man up front and <30% possession. 

There will be some substitutions, but too late and without Vardy we probably won’t be able to get back into the game anyway - by which time Man City will probably have added to their lead. 

Would love to be proved wrong but I just can’t see it happening for us tonight... 

When you put it like that its almost as if Puel might think they're a better team than us

:revenge:

Edited by AlloverthefloorYesNdidi

4 hours ago, Babylon said:

And the same people would be moaning about him not playing against Palace, like they did about resting a couple for Fulham. Because a certain section don't pass up any opportunity to slag him off about something.

"Why you dropped Wilf"

"Drop Wilf"

"Rest Vardy"

"Why you rested Vardy

"He needs a plan B"

Tries a different formation "Why's he changing formation again"

"He should try other players, it's not working"

"He changes the team too much and tries too many players"

There is plenty to moan at him for, but the sheer desperation at times to find something, despite it clashing with what the same people have already said a week or so before absolutely boggles the mind at times.

Even just counting those who go to the games, there's a pretty good chance those are said by differently people.

Statistically speaking....

(Alternatively, you might think this isba text chat with one friend, in which case, you are wrong)