Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Next game, Tuesday: against Manchester City (EFL Cup, quarter-final)

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

It's been the same under pretty much every manager for the best part of two decades. I don't mind people taking issue with it, but I hope people don't make this a Puel issue (yeah right).

I remember standing at the bus stop after the quarter-final defeat under Pearson and hearing people complaining he'd prioritised the QPR game the next weekend.

59 minutes ago, Babylon said:

It's been the same under pretty much every manager for the best part of two decades. I don't mind people taking issue with it, but I hope people don't make this a Puel issue (yeah right).

I actually don't mind it against Fleetwood in the opening game where we clearly have enough to do it, I don't mind it in an early round FA Cup game in the middle of a busy period, I don't mind it when we are sat top of the league and Claudio decides it just isn't worth the risk.

Tonight though is similar to last season, we are mid table, we are playing Man City in the last eight and either Middlesbrough or Burton will be in the last four, we have league fixtures coming up where we are going to take little - it's unforgivable to not be giving this our best shot tonight.

If we don't what is the point of it all? Just sit around midtable forever season after season until we eventually have a bad one and go down? If these decisions are coming from the top the manager can give us a hint that is it.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

But he's extremely erratic with how he does this. I agree that to a certain extent that you have to be careful during busy periods but he rotates for the sake of it and we lose all momentum. It happened the same last year when we were on a good run and we then plummeted during the busy period and it was pointless.

Also, he doesn't rotate the likes of Morgan who at 35 and with a few severe injuries over the years is likely to feel the burden but he'll sure rotate his young players like Gray, Ndidi and Maddison for clowns like Diabate and Choudhury. As the Southampton fan who has come to light over his blog on Puel, it's as if every decision is decided off a spreadsheet. It's very peculiar.

It's not going to be the end of the world to play our strongest side twice in 4 days, Ranieri managed to do it week in, week out and we didnt get hit with life threatening injuries.

Agree with points made. The lengthy review of Puels tenure at Southampton is really worth a read (if you can find it) as it sums up his arrogance and intransigence, and refusal to adapt to circumstances or even the players available to him. The piece is an indictment of his 'no plan' plan and his penchant for dour football, odd formations and lack of vision. He will not change a thing for the visit of Man. City in terms of attacking intent even though the vast majority of fans would like to see a swashbuckling performance even if the result doesnt end up in our favour (it is Man. City, after all).

Such a shame. Chance of a semi against Middlesborough - who we always beat!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MattP said:

I actually don't mind it against Fleetwood in the opening game where we clearly have enough to do it, I don't mind it in an early round FA Cup game in the middle of a busy period, I don't mind it when we are sat top of the league and Claudio decides it just isn't worth the risk.

Tonight though is similar to last season, we are mid table, we are playing Man City in the last eight and either Middlesbrough or Burton will be in the last four, we have league fixtures coming up where we are going to take little - it's unforgivable to not be giving this our best shot tonight.

If we don't what is the point of it all? Just sit around midtable forever season after season until we eventually have a bad one and go down? If these decisions are coming from the top the manager can give us a hint that is it.

What's the point in playing a knackered and injured Vardy from the start though? He'll be shot by the hour mark anyway?

Just now, walkerleeds said:

What's the point in playing a knackered and injured Vardy from the start though? He'll be shot by the hour mark anyway?

How do you know he's knackered and injured? If he was knackered and injured he shouldn't have played on Saturday, that game was of less importance than tonight, as is this Saturday coming.

I can't ever remember Vardy being shot by the 60 minute mark, I do remember a couple of years ago him having a hat-trick by the 78 minute mark though against these opponents.

3 minutes ago, dnewty said:

Hell of a lot of tickets left for tonight. Think the fans have turned on puel, and if we are slow and lethargic in this game the atmosphere could get quite toxic  in the coming  weeks. 

It can't have helped, but surely the fact it's televised and we are playing Man City twice in a week is also a factor here?

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Not blaming Puel personally. He would have met senior people at the club and discussed priorities for the season. We're concentrating on PL prize money rather than silverware, excitement and a potential euro trip. 

• Like 1

Just now, rachhere said:

It can't have helped, but surely the fact it's televised tsand we are playing Man City twice in a week is also a factor here?

Could be but it is a QF and the ticketc are cheaper. If you look at the stadium map it is really empty.

2 minutes ago, MattP said:

How do you know he's knackered and injured? If he was knackered and injured he shouldn't have played on Saturday, that game was of less importance than tonight, as is this Saturday coming.

I can't ever remember Vardy being shot by the 60 minute mark, I do remember a couple of years ago him having a hat-trick by the 78 minute mark though against these opponents.

I take your point, but can you ever remember Vardy being injured/ as unfit as often as he has been this season? There is clearly something wrong, this isn't just a muscle strain is it.

I think if we play him tonight and he aggravates his injury, we may as well call it quits this season, so I can see reasons in throwing him on for the last half an hour to be honest.

2 hours ago, ithuriel said:

My birthday today :nono: so might punish myself by going tonight, only know one mate that is, all the others are not bothering, ah, nothing like being miserable on a cold wintry day, least I get it £5 cheaper due to being a season ticket holder so the pain will be less.

Happy Birthday, its mine too today. :D 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MattP said:

LOUDER

• Like 1

Got my ticket, walked down and waited in the queue, a few peeps there buying scarfs etc., and was looking at the framed shirts etc., on sale behind the cash registers, £500 for a Maguire, Vardy or Maddison shirt and £250 for the other stuff.

Finally got to a till and some young lady spent 5 minutes trying to find me a seat in the rather full stadium because my normal seat was taken and then realised she was looking at the league game :giggle: before giving me a ticket.

On the way out it started to come down a little heavily and all I could think of was corporal Frasier, "were doomed, doomed I tell yee".

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ithuriel said:

Got my ticket, walked down and waited in the queue, a few peeps there buying scarfs etc., and was looking at the framed shirts etc., on sale behind the cash registers, £500 for a Maguire, Vardy or Maddison shirt and £250 for the other stuff.

Finally got to a till and some young lady spent 5 minutes trying to find me a seat in the rather full stadium because my normal seat was taken and then realised she was looking at the league game :giggle: before giving me a ticket.

On the way out it started to come down a little heavily and all I could think of was corporal Frasier, "were doomed, doomed I tell yee".

How bloody interesting!!!!

1 minute ago, WarehamFox said:

Passed the Man City coach on the M69 about a hour ago, guessing it’s come down empty and will pick the players up from airport/train station later? If the players were on board what on earth would they do in Leicester for 8 hours before kickoff? 

Go have a look at Daniel Lambert's chair? X

• Haha 1

Can’t believe people are losing their shit over the fact that a player who got injured in the World Cup , then nursed through his injury at beginning of the season , looked no where near fit for a good few games , gets re-injured and is out for a couple more games just gets back and is expected to start 2 games in 4 days . Oh he started last game so he must be fit Jeeeese.if he was fully fit he’d start simples 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1