Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Next game, Tuesday: against Manchester City (EFL Cup, quarter-final)

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Morgan has been rest for games, he's also had a few breaks thanks to his red cards :D

Haha he has but he doesn't usually rest him when we play 3 games in a week, Morgan gets rested for the odd game when we play someone crap.

17 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

We are going to get slaughtered.

I really hope not ...    but there is the potential for it to happen.  And you know who scoring.  But if, whatever team he puts out, plays with some passion, and avoids a heavy defeat,  then I’ll be reasonably happy.  If we can replicate that when we play them again and nick a point against Chelsea then I’ll be satisfied.   Not looking forward to this but I’m going to keep a stiff upper lip.

• Like 1

On he's some of you will put it down as reality....

But 1st priority. Support..!!  You snowflakes,windbags,fearmongers,back-of-sofa-seekers.....Let's save M.city the petrol,call 'em now not to bother

the dangerous drive to Leicester.... "We surrender..we give in".   And you have the audacity to criticise Puel...you wimps!!!!...

Now I feel better,got that off my chest!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

But 1st priority. Support..!!  You snowflakes,windbags,fearmongers,back-of-sofa-seekers.....Let's save M.city the petrol,call 'em now not to bother

the dangerous drive to Leicester.... "We surrender..we give in".   And you have the audacity to criticise Puel...you wimps!!!!...

Unfortunately, once again, I think you're going to be the only person that knows what you got off your chest fuchs :D 

• Haha 1

Just now, fuchsntf said:

Do you roll up and watch this crap week in, week out,...…….well, ok, every couple of weeks due to all the breaks:ph34r:,......to see an exciting half of football where we have perhaps 2 shots on target, being generous there but sometimes we do:scarf: paying good money to watch the new scoreboards because they are more entertaining and that's after having a few drinks down the pub to prepare for the current match day experience :beer::teehee:

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

A game away from a two legged semi final which would be something to get the fans up for, and we bench our only chance of winning. 

If football's not about trying to win trophies, what's the fvcking point? All the investment, new training pitch, ground expansion is pointless without silverware. 

Why are people surprised, it's been like this going back decades. This kind of stuff comes from the top of the club, reality is they make more money finishing one place higher up the league then they would for winning the trophy.

I don't like it, but that's the reality of it. It's not just us who do this, we've played championship teams who basically played a whole new starting 11 against us. Clubs just don't care any more.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Why are people surprised, it's been like this going back decades. This kind of stuff comes from the top of the club, reality is they make more money finishing one place higher up the league then they would for winning the trophy.

I don't like it, but that's the reality of it. It's not just us who do this, we've played championship teams who basically played a whole new starting 11 against us. Clubs just don't care any more.

Sadly this is true. The amount of money brought in from securing a prem position is ridiculous compared to winning a cup. Look at Wigan for example, won the FA Cup but got relegated and spent a few years in decline. 

My birthday today :nono: so might punish myself by going tonight, only know one mate that is, all the others are not bothering, ah, nothing like being miserable on a cold wintry day, least I get it £5 cheaper due to being a season ticket holder so the pain will be less.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MattP said:

That's such a cliché.

Guardiola has less players to choose from than Puel at the minute, also had a Champions League match last midweek and he appears to putting out more first team players than we are.

If we really don't care about trying to win tonight tell people.

Compare Pep's squad management issue with our is like comparing a apple with a pear. There is a reason their squad is competing in the Champions League and ours isn't.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

But he's extremely erratic with how he does this. I agree that to a certain extent that you have to be careful during busy periods but he rotates for the sake of it and we lose all momentum. It happened the same last year when we were on a good run and we then plummeted during the busy period and it was pointless.

Also, he doesn't rotate the likes of Morgan who at 35 and with a few severe injuries over the years is likely to feel the burden but he'll sure rotate his young players like Gray, Ndidi and Maddison for clowns like Diabate and Choudhury. As the Southampton fan who has come to light over his blog on Puel, it's as if every decision is decided off a spreadsheet. It's very peculiar.

It's not going to be the end of the world to play our strongest side twice in 4 days, Ranieri managed to do it week in, week out and we didnt get hit with life threatening injuries.

I'd agree, I think he get more consistent, there is no surprise that clubs with better squad manage the festive period better. 

Problem with Morgan is, Evans and Maguire both prefer to be the left side CB, and we have looked very poor when Evans plays on the right of the pair. I can't see why people have a problem with him looking after Vardy, the bloke has been fully fit all season and if we lost him to a long term injury we would be in trouble.

I agree with the Ranieri comment but he had a lot of lucky with injuries, I pretty sure Vardy would start 99% of games if fully fit. Also its a lot easier to pick the same side win you are wining every week.

As I've said I'm not Puel's biggest fan, but I'm not sure we would be much better under other managers available to us. In really our squad isn't as good as some people think. 

Edited by coolhandfox

Well Puel did say he had a plan for Man City lol 

Plan is keep it 0-0 for as long as we can and then bring Vardy on. Problem is we'll be losing by 10 minutes.

The problem with all this is that the other striking options have all been shit meaning Vardy is our only hope. Forgetting the fact that he's been pretty shit himself all season.

Ward

Ricardo Morgan Maguire Chilwell 

Iborra                 Mendy     

Maddison                  

Gray                        Vardy    

Sinji          

Edited by Blue Ed

11 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Well Puel did say he had a plan for Man City lol 

Plan is keep it 0-0 for as long as we can and then bring Vardy on. Problem is we'll be losing by 10 minutes.

The problem with all this is that the other striking options have all been shit meaning Vardy is our only hope. Forgetting the fact that he's been pretty shit himself all season.

He has been but he has the ability to bag one or create something out of nothing. He sets the tone for the team if given the opportunity. Something which Nacho will never do. 

Based on Chilly and Vardy not making it

I'd probable go with

Ward

Morgan

Maguire

Soyuncu

Ricardo

Mendy

Iborra

Maddison

Fuchs

Okazaki

Iheanacho

or

Ward

Ricardo

Soyuncu

Maguire

Fuchs

Iborra

Ndidi

Maddison

Gray

Iheanacho

Albrighton

19 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

And if we subbed Vardy off at Palace John Percy would be writing "omg we needed him on the pitch, isn't football about winning league games?" 

Obvious Vardy is talking shit to him. 

I think he wants to play him in every game, but his injury is delicate. If a groin goes, he's out for a while. The bigger issue is that the back-ups aren't up to it.

We badly need a new striker in January.

4 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Just send the U16s out in the first round next year. Utterly beyond belief and indefensible.

It's been the same under pretty much every manager for the best part of two decades. I don't mind people taking issue with it, but I hope people don't make this a Puel issue (yeah right).