Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

Available Managers should Puel get the sack

Marco rose for me. 

Rose's preferred formation is a 4-4-2 with a diamond midfield, a compact defence and a high and organised press. The approach - particularly the gegenpress - has been likened to Jurgen Klopp's style, which might not be a surprise as Rose was coached by both Klopp and Thomas Tuchel when he was a player at Mainz.

“It's a great way to play football," says Ramalho. "Because there are a lot of teams with so much quality and if you don't pressure them then it is easier for them to play because they have time to think and make the best choices. With a lot of pressure it makes it more difficult for them to find the best solution. (Sky sports)

I thought the highlighted bit was very interesting / important 

Some managers are just able to get players playing above their level whether that’s systems, tactics or fitness. Despite being incredible managers I’d still back Pochettino & Klopp to succeed at clubs with less quality of player than Liverpool & Tottenham. Rose is in that mould imo.

Edited by OhYesNdidi
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, lanefox said:

I think some of you should watch sunderland till i die on netflix and realise how lucky you actually are

Actually, Sunderland are playing more exciting football than us at the moment ( not hard to do ) so yeah I feel very lucky.

6 hours ago, MattP said:

I think that might be Jose's last big job for a while.

Even if you are prepared to turn a blind eye to the chaos he causes around the club, he's another Wenger now, a relic who only has one style of football, way behind the times.

His stock is still very high in Italy. Wouldn't surprise me if he went back to Inter which is a big job. His style of play is quite Italian/defense first.  He actually looks seriously depressed. I'm no Dr but he doesn't look happy at all and hasn't for a while. That's got to have an effect on players. A break might do him good.

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

Actually, Sunderland are playing more exciting football than us at the moment ( not hard to do ) so yeah I feel very lucky.

So using your way of thinking were a mid table league one club not a mid table prem team.....grow up!

4 hours ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

Mourinho! He can go and do one, the miserable so and so.

Shows how far we've come and how much his stock has lowered.

Imagine saying 'nah we don't want him' just a few seasons ago. 

For the record i'm of similar opinion. It's just not lost on me how fast football climates change 

'Until the last day of your existence, you have a point to prove. That has always been the case with me, right from when I started out as a player.

'I still possess that strong self-belief, I will always back myself. I will back myself in whatever job I take next.

'Maybe there is a perception now that am I not only too old, but that I'm on the outside looking in.

'There is an age element to it, there is a feeling that people believe you have closed your mind to things and it could not be further from the truth. My mind remains open.

'I feel young, I'm ready and I've been involved with young people, with players in my managerial career for quite some considerable time.

'I don't feel that that age should have anything to do with it. I'm ready to return.'

- MON

I'd welcome him back, would be amazing.