Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

Available Managers should Puel get the sack

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

Why the rush for this man? His past career is hardly startling is it, in fact for longevity and consistency in foreign leagues, on paper, you'd have to say Puels is arguably better. He'd be a big risk and would he suddenly know who to buy, if anyone, that is suitable for the Premiership having had no experience? (I realise it is the same for any foregn manager but why this ons). The fact that he likes to play 'attacking' football is a word that may glitter to many,  but if you were to ignore Southampton and read Puels CV wouldn't people be screaming to get him also? If we are to get rid of Puel we don't necessarily need to be blinded by the sight of a foreign name, one that was also undogtedly sacked for a reason,  just a poor start to a season?

For me, I'm just struggling to see a name that readily jumps out at me and for a  manager that has to consider a current safe position, what precisely is it about Leicester City that would be so attractive a proposition? We seemingly get rid of our managers quickly, we have a plethora of ill bought ill fitting players  (mixed with some precocious young talent) but, tempered with a fear that there are still a few players that seemingly still have enough power that, if your ideas don't match there's,  like the past few managers you'll end up out on your ear.

I'm not saying don't get rid of Puel but you can't just risk any old exotic sounding name in the hope he comes good on a football supporters whim, it has to be much more scientific. Any new manager will have yet another 'philosophy' and no doubt will want to spend yet more money. IF Puel is that unpopular with the players, what say we keep him until he completes the horrible task of getting rid of the shower of deadwood we undoubtedly have clearing the way for new signings by him or the next manager. The hatchet job needs completing and that includes any trouble making element whatever or however big their name. Now is not a time to be sentimental.

Jardim is of similar ilk to Puel in the development of young players, he certainly fits the model our club are pursuing these days. I cant see them changing philosophy and going for Benitez who favours experience and very defensive football.

• Like 3

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Jardim is of similar ilk to Puel in the development of young players, he certainly fits the model our club are pursuing these days. I cant see them changing philosophy and going for Benitez who favours experience and very defensive football.

Agreed andI can't see anything happening until at least the summer unless we start to seriously meander into the relegation zone. I really wouldn'twant Benetez here that's for sure. 

• Like 2

Watching Everton reaffirms something important to remember, if we replace...we need to find someone with a balanced philosophy, because I’m yet to see a Marco Silva side that has the first idea about defending. Same with Eddie Howe.

He’s one of those “attractive” managers because he talks a good game and you know you’ll get goals... but defensively just useless! 

7 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Watching Everton reaffirms something important to remember, if we replace...we need to find someone with a balanced philosophy, because I’m yet to see a Marco Silva side that has the first idea about defending. Same with Eddie Howe.

He’s one of those “attractive” managers because he talks a good game and you know you’ll get goals... but defensively just useless! 

Can’t see the problem, I’d love a season where we score tons of goals, as long as we score one more than the other team

3 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Can’t see the problem, I’d love a season where we score tons of goals, as long as we score one more than the other team

But that doesn’t happen with either of those managers. They win a couple then lose a couple. Keegan Newcastle was a one off much like our incredible season... you don’t see any teams doing that these days, Blackpool were the last team in the Premier League to give it a go and they got relegated! 

15 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Very good point, football's full of them at the moment. All fur coat and no knickers, yet fans still like a good story and continue to fall for it.

• Like 2

Interesting that our number one target on a number of occasions (Rudkin loves him) David Wagner is really struggling this season, Huddersfield don’t seem to have any identity at all this season 

Just now, AjcW said:

Interesting that our number one target on a number of occasions (Rudkin loves him) David Wagner is really struggling this season, Huddersfield don’t seem to have any identity at all this season 

Huddersfield have always struggled to score goals, even when they came up. I think they won promotion with a negative goal difference.

I do like Wagner but I wouldn't go for him. He has done an incredible job at Huddersfield but I think he's similar to Puel.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Not a chance with Rodgers. Why would he give up winning trophies and playing in Europe for a battle for 7th.

Am no way a Rodgers advocate but perhaps he knows that winning trophies in Scotland amounts to nothing more than a row of beans.   

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Not a chance with Rodgers. Why would he give up winning trophies and playing in Europe for a battle for 7th.

Isn't he out of contract at the end of the season? I actually think he's realistic. As much as the premier league is unbearably oversold by the media, it's where the money is and I wouldn't be surprised if he'd want to make a return. He isn't going to get a top six job so we're about as good as he's going to get.

4 minutes ago, l444ry said:

Am no way a Rodgers advocate but perhaps he knows that winning trophies in Scotland amounts to nothing more than a row of beans.   

Because he's managing the best team in Scotland? They're way ahead of the rest. Just like Manchester City here, every home game they score at least 3 games.

My point is if Rodgers wants a challenge then yeah go for him but I can't see, from his point, the advantage of leaving all that to come here. If he goes 4 games without winning everybody will want him out.

6 hours ago, Wolfox said:

So, this thread would’ve been the same if we’d scraped 4 Jammy points in the last two?

Given people have moaned, not given credit or been unhappy with games where we've won or drew but not played well, yes, yes it probably would.

(Not necessarily this thread in terms of replacements but the concerns and sense of annoyance would be being spoken about).

The fact we've not looked anything remotely like even scraping 4 jammy points in the last two, i'm not sure what your point is, you're making an argument for arguments sake.

Edited by Matt

34 minutes ago, Matt said:

Given people have moaned, not given credit or been unhappy with games where we've won or drew but not played well, yes, yes it probably would.

(Not necessarily this thread in terms of replacements but the concerns and sense of annoyance would be being spoken about).

The fact we've not looked anything remotely like even scraping 4 jammy points in the last two, i'm not sure what your point is, you're making an argument for arguments sake.

So…. Firmly nestled in 6th and we would have had this thread….???  

I understand it’s a moot point, but, I have my doubts…!

you can play worse than we have and still scrape points….  At least we gave it a go in the second half yesterday…

The point I was making is that we should assess a body of work…. You’ll always have dips and performance and results….  Reacting because some of the good folk of this forum are sad that we’ve had a dip can become a little tedious as well as oh so predictable!

We’ve not been ‘on it’ for a bit…. However, on the whole I get was he’s trying to do and he’ll have my support for a fair while longer and i’ll take the dips with highs as we go along…

I genuinely think there’s a good team capable of good play tucked away in there somewhere…. 

Time will tell, but, again to repeat the ooint I’m making…. I’m happy to give time to proven either right or wrong…

Edited by Wolfox

7 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Why the rush for this man? His past career is hardly startling is it, in fact for longevity and consistency in foreign leagues, on paper, you'd have to say Puels is arguably better. He'd be a big risk and would he suddenly know who to buy, if anyone, that is suitable for the Premiership having had no experience? (I realise it is the same for any foregn manager but why this ons). The fact that he likes to play 'attacking' football is a word that may glitter to many,  but if you were to ignore Southampton and read Puels CV wouldn't people be screaming to get him also? If we are to get rid of Puel we don't necessarily need to be blinded by the sight of a foreign name, one that was also undogtedly sacked for a reason,  just a poor start to a season?

For me, I'm just struggling to see a name that readily jumps out at me and for a  manager that has to consider a current safe position, what precisely is it about Leicester City that would be so attractive a proposition? We seemingly get rid of our managers quickly, we have a plethora of ill bought ill fitting players  (mixed with some precocious young talent) but, tempered with a fear that there are still a few players that seemingly still have enough power that, if your ideas don't match there's,  like the past few managers you'll end up out on your ear.

I'm not saying don't get rid of Puel but you can't just risk any old exotic sounding name in the hope he comes good on a football supporters whim, it has to be much more scientific. Any new manager will have yet another 'philosophy' and no doubt will want to spend yet more money. IF Puel is that unpopular with the players, what say we keep him until he completes the horrible task of getting rid of the shower of deadwood we undoubtedly have clearing the way for new signings by him or the next manager. The hatchet job needs completing and that includes any trouble making element whatever or however big their name. Now is not a time to be sentimental.

Jardim's tactical flexibility is what gets me about him, not only has he punched above his weight at nearly every club he's managed, he's built different types of teams - remember when Monaco topped their Champions League group conceding just one goal then went and knocked Arsenal out? That was Jardim. Few years later they're one of the most entertaining sides I've ever seen, with an admittedly brilliant squad but he's surely played a part in putting that together.

I am confident he would represent an upgrade on Puel.

7 hours ago, Wolfox said:

3/4 of the people on this thread would’ve had Martin O’Neill sacked

This forum is digital equivalent of bipolar…

we’ve played crap and lost two games on the bounce many times in our history and the one thing I can guarantee, with Puel either in or out, that this will happen again…

You think it's based on two games?

We've been poor more often than not.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

You think it's based on two games?

We've been poor more often than not.

No…. I don’t believe it’s been based on two games…

however, these threads proliferate when we’ve had bad results…

Is it a coincidence?

Ironically people are saying Jardim yet his style of football pretty much Mimics Puels, except his team was generally more attacking focused last season where he had one of the best teams in Europe. Not really sure what people expect Jardim to do with our squad, we are transitioning but still have a fair few one dimensional players.