Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

Available Managers should Puel get the sack

United are going to vacuum up someone on this list then.

Also, like Mourinho is a good enough youth coach for us, and like we have enough money to give him, or that he'll want to come. It's a dream. Or more like a nightmare.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Royston. said:

True, slimani, musa, nacho all peanuts

I  can't remember whether it was within this or another comment I wrote that I said to some extent, all transfers are a gamble and although you can't completely eliminate risk, you can try to mitigate it. In all of the above, the mitigation, you would hope to think, would have been in the evaluation of their careers thus far prior to purchase combined with considerable scouting sessions and I think the latter was openly admitted re Slimani. The added risk with Slimani and Musa would be whether they could adapt to a faster more physical Premiership. Clearly they got that wrong with Musa. Slimani may have been ok in a different Leicester team ie one without Vardy because he was used to the number 9 main striker role. Why would you buy an expensive player and not play him in his best role? Clearly he was never going to usurp Vardy.

We were all excited over Iheanacho let's be honest but for some reason, as yet, that too isn't working out but you couldn't blame management for that really as on paper it did look very promising and exciting. 

A manager is a different kettle of fish to players though imo and thorough due diligence needs to be done if we were to replace Puel.  A gamble on an inexperienced unknown to take another 18 months with more philosophies,  evaluations and cash could have drastic effects on our club. I think our owners have grown in experience and are unlikely to rush into a new gamble.

I think that might be Jose's last big job for a while.

Even if you are prepared to turn a blind eye to the chaos he causes around the club, he's another Wenger now, a relic who only has one style of football, way behind the times.

2 minutes ago, MattP said:

Even if you are prepared to turn a blind eye to the chaos he causes around the club, he's another Wenger now, a relic who only has one style of football, way behind the times.

He certainly needs a break from football like pep and zidane did. Wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest though if he ends up at PSG or Real Madrid though in the near future.

1 minute ago, Swan Lesta said:

He certainly needs a break from football like pep and zidane did. Wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest though if he ends up at PSG or Real Madrid though in the near future.

Don't think they would have him back at Real, certainly wouldn't surprise me to see him somewhere like PSG though. Any club with more money than sense is a possibility.

There is no doubt he was a genius but over the last eight years his record is pretty lousy, two league titles (Real and Chelsea), a couple of minor cups and one Europa League - given he was at Real for three years, Chelsea for 2 1/2 and Man Utd for 2 1/2 that's not good, even more so when his total spend was around a billion pounds.

3 minutes ago, MattP said:

Don't think they would have him back at Real, certainly wouldn't surprise me to see him somewhere like PSG though. Any club with more money than sense is a possibility.

There is no doubt he was a genius but over the last eight years his record is pretty lousy, two league titles (Real and Chelsea), a couple of minor cups and one Europa League - given he was at Real for three years, Chelsea for 2 1/2 and Man Utd for 2 1/2 that's not good, even more so when his total spend was around a billion pounds.

Yup, I’ve never liked his football, I did like him being in the Prem though for many years for entertainment value but the last three he’s just become a miserable arrogant figure, unable ever to be wrong or apologise for his childishness.

I agree about the Real Madrid doubt but they are not doing well at the moment and many of the people he fell out with have moved on - never say never but he’ll be back at the helm of a Champions League club at some juncture. He for his own sake though should take a year off.

38 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Haha, can people stop saying we don't want Jose....

Its a bit like me say I don't want Taylor Hill or any other Victoria's Secret model, it doesn't matter because its never going to happen. 

I reckon if I had 1 minute in front of Candice Swanepoel I could get her to spit in my face.

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Utd go for Laurent Blanc until the summer and either give it him for longer or then go for Poch. Blanc used to play for them which is why I'm linking them together.

Or Jardim.
He was linked with them in the past and just refused a very lucrative offer from Al-Nasr...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MattP said:

A relic with one style of football and behind the times? Sounds familiar...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MattP said:

And the manager's who have more than one style of football are?

Wouldn't want him here though, his style is not too different to Puel, but without bringing young talent through.

8 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

And the manager's who have more than one style of football are?

At that level certainly Guardiola, look at the patient tika-taka he employed at Barcelona and how that has now developed into this fast, high intensity attacking play he now has with Man City. Klopp plays a similar pressing game as he did two years ago but they now seem to want to have far possession with it - many managers develop new methods and change a style all the time.

Mourinho was an innovator, he's now a cheque book Pulis. Every single game I watched Man Utd in this season ended with them hoofing the ball up to Lukaku and Fellani trying to find a winner.

Managers at lower levels can do it as well, look at the difference in the football we played under Pearson at the start of his reign to at the end, different players of course but we went from a team who we were functional and direct to one who were able to pass Chelsea off the pitch for a half and score five goals at home to Manchester United.

If I had to guess what sort of manager in the Premier League big Nige would have been after 9 months here I'd have said similar to Big Sam - the reality was completely different and he was brave enough to change that himself.

Edited by MattP