Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

Available Managers should Puel get the sack

7 minutes ago, The Wizard said:

Wenger's wants back into management in the new year...errrm... just saying.. Shazam !...oh yeah let's not forget Harry's out the jungle now as well...& he's knows all sorts of players...Nico, Crouchey..etc

Don't forget Scotty Parker and Herman Hreidarsson lol

Just because a manager is with another club, doesn’t mean he’s not available. We could go for Bielsa, Wagner, Farke and there’s no reason why they wouldn’t come here there than approaches being rejected. None of the clubs they’re currently at are set better than ourselves. Even if Leeds or Norwich were to come up, we are still the better proposition. More established. More money. New facilities on the way. 

9 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

Palace don't have the players we do or the level of investment. 

.........but they have the Owl and whoever else comes in needs to bring a chainsaw with him and a lumber-jack crew.

Edited by mozartfox

3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

If Jardim is even slightly possible we need to do everything to get him in while we can. That's the man who can take this club to another level. I am convinced.

Why the rush for this man? His past career is hardly startling is it, in fact for longevity and consistency in foreign leagues, on paper, you'd have to say Puels is arguably better. He'd be a big risk and would he suddenly know who to buy, if anyone, that is suitable for the Premiership having had no experience? (I realise it is the same for any foregn manager but why this ons). The fact that he likes to play 'attacking' football is a word that may glitter to many,  but if you were to ignore Southampton and read Puels CV wouldn't people be screaming to get him also? If we are to get rid of Puel we don't necessarily need to be blinded by the sight of a foreign name, one that was also undogtedly sacked for a reason,  just a poor start to a season?

For me, I'm just struggling to see a name that readily jumps out at me and for a  manager that has to consider a current safe position, what precisely is it about Leicester City that would be so attractive a proposition? We seemingly get rid of our managers quickly, we have a plethora of ill bought ill fitting players  (mixed with some precocious young talent) but, tempered with a fear that there are still a few players that seemingly still have enough power that, if your ideas don't match there's,  like the past few managers you'll end up out on your ear.

I'm not saying don't get rid of Puel but you can't just risk any old exotic sounding name in the hope he comes good on a football supporters whim, it has to be much more scientific. Any new manager will have yet another 'philosophy' and no doubt will want to spend yet more money. IF Puel is that unpopular with the players, what say we keep him until he completes the horrible task of getting rid of the shower of deadwood we undoubtedly have clearing the way for new signings by him or the next manager. The hatchet job needs completing and that includes any trouble making element whatever or however big their name. Now is not a time to be sentimental.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

We go and get rafa from Newcastle 

Missed our chance with that. If we'd gone all out for him in the summer with a decent transfer kitty and sizable contract we might have been able to prise him away... but with the Newcastle takeover looking more likely, I think he'll make a go of it there. 

13 hours ago, broughtonblue said:

Wow, some names there, just wonder why they are all unemployed tho ?

Defo some names on there. 

Forgot about di matteo and poyet. 

They did decent jobs with Chelsea and Brighton. 

2 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

3/4 of the people on this thread would’ve had Martin O’Neill sacked

This forum is digital equivalent of bipolar…

we’ve played crap and lost two games on the bounce many times in our history and the one thing I can guarantee with Puel either in or out that this will happen again…

I had to put in my sig, its great.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

3/4 of the people on this thread would’ve had Martin O’Neill sacked

This forum is digital equivalent of bipolar…

we’ve played crap and lost two games on the bounce many times in our history and the one thing I can guarantee, with Puel either in or out, that this will happen again…

I don't think people are judging Puel on two games. He's being judged on the low intensity football we're seeing week in week out.

• Like 2

Just now, breadandcheese said:

I don't think people are judging Puel on two games. He's being judged on the low intensity football we're seeing week in week out.

So, this thread would’ve been the same if we’d scraped 4 Jammy points in the last two?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

So, this thread would’ve been the same if we’d scraped 4 Jammy points in the last two?

Not quite. There would still have been a large(r) number of Puel outs though. In order to change that, scraping 4 points from 6 wouldn't do either. To change those opinions, he must pick up points whilst the team plays with a certain verve. Points alone will no longer be enough if they are 'scraped' I'm afraid.

As mentioned in one other thread. As a liverpool fan, Seeing the effect that Rafa had on the academy with the club as well as the results. we've scouted better youth with Rafa. He was pretty good at finding bargain buys(Coutinho was a Rafa referral for instance) I'd love for Rafa to get backed by a club with money & resources. He's not going to be in Newcastle the next year, Ashley's asking price is way too high and unreasonable for any potential buyer. 

Rafa's play a typical 4-2-3-1 with width and using the wingers. Couple of good investments to increase the pace on the pitch and probably a good CB backup to Fuchs((Lascelles?) and he'll get your side to scratch in next to no time. Not to mention the work that Rafa does behind the doors.