Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mo-rima

Hamza

7 hours ago, FIF said:

If you really have a problem spelling Hamza and it becomes Hamsar  because of your dyslexia then I apologise. Never knew that was how dyslexia manifested itself but I'm open to learning further. Is dyslexia also your excuse for calling posters "morons" "idiots" and the other names you've directed at them? I think it's a sign of something else but I won't go there. 

Calling me a "pathetic part of a woman's anatomy" must also be worthy of a ban but everyone on the board knows you won't get one and this post will be removed for even pointing it out.

I’ll gladly educate FIF, I struggle with this one in particular because I have coping mechanisms and a big one is the spell check, I also use a lot of different devices sometimes on a one off occasion and some time ago got bored changing the spell check from American to British English on all of them and as such where I should use a Z I use S’s instead as I frequently have to ignore correcting American spelling As I’ve ingrained it into my mind that S is more often right, and as such I keep spelling his name with an S, and Annoyingly I keep doing it, another poster has already had his go at taking the piss so I’m afraid your not even the first. And he was much more amusing than you btw.

I do not have nor do I seek an “excuse” for calling a spade a spade.

Good, I don’t think I’ve broken a rule tbh in terms of treating others with respect  you’re receiving exactly the level of respect you deserve, you’re a waste of space of a poster, literally white noise, rarely make any decent points and instead just start pointless arguments and wind people up, just like you are here dragging up a week old argument just to pick up on a spelling mistake and literally make no other point, and you are probably going to get this thread shut down. 

instead of complaining in user support every time something goes against you perhaps you should ask yourself why people you argue with get a free swing to say whatever they want to you and why your so heavily moderated, it is because the moderation team see you for what you are, A continuous WUM with very little to actually contribute masquerading as the nice guy.

The sooner someone bans you permanently the better.

Edit: And this was all before I’ve seen you've falsely accused me of racism, brilliant.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

We really need European football the next few seasons to give Hamza enough football that he deserves. We can't really start him without dropping Ndidi but his quality and skill set is a shame for him not to be playing more. Why can't he be a left footed right winger that's also shit hot at pressing and tackling?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We really need European football the next few seasons to give Hamza enough football that he deserves. We can't really start him without dropping Ndidi but his quality and skill set is a shame for him not to be playing more. Why can't he be a left footed right winger that's also shit hot at pressing and tackling?

It really isn't helping his development, this season. I'd like to see Hamza play more games when we break teams down. He has far too much potential to let rot on the bench.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Saturday was a perfect game to bring Hamza on when we introduced Wes instead.

I could see the logic in that substitution Saturday - Burnley were going to lump balls into our box.

Realistically Hamza is going to have to dislodge Ndidi if he wants to be a regular, what a great problem to have.

6 minutes ago, MattP said:

I could see the logic in that substitution Saturday - Burnley were going to lump balls into our box.

Realistically Hamza is going to have to dislodge Ndidi if he wants to be a regular, what a great problem to have.

Yeah Chris Wood was causing mayhem. I'm reasonably sure that he won every single header. Wes Morgan is probably the best in the air at the club. Bringing him on to counter the long balls is a wise move on paper but was poor one in reality. He wasn't up to the pace of the game at all.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MattP said:

Yes but Hamza would have helped stop the long balls at the source. Bringing Wes on was the wrong decision and without VAR would have cost us 2 points.  

• Like 2

We won both games when Wes was brought on to counter any aerial bombardment, so it was the right decision, we can only guess at how the Burnley game would of panned out if Hamza had been brought on instead. All ifs, buts and maybes. 
Hamza is class though, full of potential and indicates the strength of our squad that he can only get on the bench.

The Morgan argument, i'd have personally brought Hamza on to win the midfield battle but let Ndidi drop in as a 3rd centre half when Burnley turned over the ball and worked it out wide. Ndidi was a CB when he first came through and is more than good enough in the air.

• Like 2

I hate dropping deeper and playing closer to your own goal when winning. Clearly however a team was playing before was working so why invite more pressure on yourself? Generally, the closer you play to your own goal the more likely you are to concede 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

I hate dropping deeper and playing closer to your own goal when winning. Clearly however a team was playing before was working so why invite more pressure on yourself? Generally, the closer you play to your own goal the more likely you are to concede 

Thought Brendan put pressure on us going 3 at the back too early last week when on top. That was a last 5 mins twist of the dice for me. 

2 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

We won both games when Wes was brought on to counter any aerial bombardment, so it was the right decision, we can only guess at how the Burnley game would of panned out if Hamza had been brought on instead. All ifs, buts and maybes. 
Hamza is class though, full of potential and indicates the strength of our squad that he can only get on the bench.

Come on. Let's say, we start a game with Gray Iheanacho Praet as the front three against Crystal Palace, play shockingly until the subs, and eke out a 1 nil victory with a lucky Maddison freekick. Victory without context does not necessarily imply good tactics.

Edited by Nicolo Barella

Yes the Morgan change did not help us at all and invited pressure, not entirely sure Hamza would of been higher enough up the pitch to stop the initial ball being played though.

I think he'll get games, Rodgers has shown he see's playing both him and Ndidi in certain circumstances is an option, and I heavily imagine he'll be on from the start against Burton.

3 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Come on. Let's say, we start a game with Gray Iheanacho Praet as the front three against Crystal Palace, play shockingly until the subs, and eke out a 1 nil victory with a lucky Maddison freekick. Victory without context does not necessarily imply good tactics.

I could understand your point of view if we’d conceded in either game then you could say it was the wrong choice of tactics but we didn’t, we held on and won, I think Hamza is a great player for us, as I said before it’s all ifs, buts and maybes and I do appreciate your point of view, maybe I’m an old  🦕 lol and can only see the win.

11 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

I could understand your point of view if we’d conceded in either game then you could say it was the wrong choice of tactics but we didn’t, we held on and won, I think Hamza is a great player for us, as I said before it’s all ifs, buts and maybes and I do appreciate your point of view, maybe I’m an old  🦕 lol and can only see the win.

We did concede, against Burnley. Forget the Wood trip, that was unfortunate on his part, the ball ended up in the net. Had he not tripped Evans it's debatable if it would have gone in but either way we were either going to concede or going to be extremely lucky not to concede in that situation.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

We did concede, against Burnley. Forget the Wood trip, that was unfortunate on his part, the ball ended up in the net. Had he not tripped Evans it's debatable if it would have gone in but either way we were either concede or going to be extremely lucky not to concede in that situation.

We didn’t concede as it wasn’t a goal. The game ended 2-1. We didn’t concede a goal whilst Wes was on the pitch.

Anyway back to Hamza, he’s got a great future ahead of him. 🦊

Edited by Mark 'expert' Lawrenson

Just now, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

We didn’t concede as it wasn’t a goal. The game ended 2-1. We didn’t concede a goal whilst Wes was on the pitch.

The ball ended up in the net and we were extremely lucky it was ruled out. It's not just about looking at the end result, but how it was obtained. We got there by being fortunate that Burnley had a goal ruled out and 5 minutes of back to the wall panicking. That's not how I want to being getting wins.

44 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

So you'll never criticise any decision of the coach as long as the ultimate result is a win? Say, we play miserably for three games and barely win them all, then play nearly flawlessly and lose, and the only game you'll allow yourself to criticise will be the loss? I mean, whatever floats your boat. I can't relate though

Hamza could develop into a midfielder formidable in the centre of the park, and he already looks good there, but the problem there is Praet. Sadly I doubt Brendan is going to prioritise Hamza's development over the current better options as happened with Chilwell, when Fuchs was the better option but in the long term Chil's development was more important. If Praet and Ndidi keep him out of the team I'd loan him out, although we tried that before and he refused and successfully fought, albeit under academy friendly Puel, his way into the first team.